What did you do to your camper today?

MCTalley

Not today, but a couple weeks ago. Saw a code for 15% off at RV Lock and decided to grab some items. We got two cargo door keypad handles and one cargo door normal handle (put a keypad and a normal handle on the door side cargo door). Also bought one of the remotes so we can unlock either of the two cargo doors and the main door (or all at the same time).

The plan on the doorside cargo door is to typically leave the manual handle unlocked and use the keypad unit to lock/unlock that door. If we're away from the trailer (like at Christmas, etc.), we'll lock the manual handle, as well.

i-Lw9K9fj-L.jpg

Eric3M

Installed wireless camera in rear of trailer. Can monitor what is behind me at all times on the iPhone or iPad. Got a mount from Ram and suction mount and put in rear window. Works great.

Jdodge836

So my wife was tired of all the brown and tan decor so today started refabric on window treatments. Making everything with fabric from joans craft store. About $100 if you already own a sewing machine and staple gun. Brown is stock decor, blue is the new stuff. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Ran the antifreeze into the plumbing this morning before work . . . only took about 15 minutes and 2 1/2 gallons of the pink stuff.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Right from the get go, one of the things that the DW and I couldn't understand was the bathroom faucets Heartland put in our new (never before owned) 2015 3875FB Bighorn. Both the 1/2 bath and the master had silly faucets that you couldn't even wash your hands under because they hung so close to the back of the basin. That changed today in the 1/2 bath. Now that I know the faucet we chose installed and worked well, I'll do the master next week.

Thanks to Lowe's for a nice faucet at a reasonable price using my military discount that Menard's doesn't seem willing to implement.

views of old

views of new

Attachments

• 20171023_161736.jpg
    20171023_161736.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 83
  • 20171023_155005.jpg
    20171023_155005.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 20171023_154935.jpg
    20171023_154935.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 20171023_161747.jpg
    20171023_161747.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 79

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
So my wife was tired of all the brown and tan decor so today started refabric on window treatments. Making everything with fabric from joans craft store. About $100 if you already own a sewing machine and staple gun. Brown is stock decor, blue is the new stuff. View attachment 55209View attachment 55210View attachment 55211

Wow! Looks very different, definitely brighter and more like "home". Great job!! I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Right from the get go, one of the things that the DW and I couldn't understand was the bathroom faucets Heartland put in our new (never before owned) 2015 3875FB Bighorn. Both the 1/2 bath and the master had silly faucets that you couldn't even wash your hands under because they hung so close to the back of the basin. That changed today in the 1/2 bath. Now that I know the faucet we chose installed and worked well, I'll do the master next week.

Thanks to Lowe's for a nice faucet at a reasonable price using my military discount that Menard's doesn't seem willing to implement.

views of old

views of new

Yep, I guess that's where they shave some cost to add bling somewhere else! ;) looks great, we did the same.

PondSkum

views of old

views of new

I hate our bathroom faucet also! Do you have the link to that one you got at Lowes? Looks a lot better!

Oregon_Camper

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We replaced the bathroom faucet in our previous Trail Runner with this one from Camping World:

CamperNewBthrmFaucet-IMG_2860.jpg

Took it out of the Trail Runner before we traded it in so this faucet is now in our Prowler.

Made for an RV so no plumbing supplies needed.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Was on a roll today! Lowes had the very faucet that I just replaced in the 1/2 bath on special, so without delay I went and picked up another and put it in the master bath.

Yesterday my SnapPads were delivered, so they got put on today also.

The last item was one that just dawned on me while looking at my rig. There were two lockable hatch releases on each basement door, and none on the propane doors. I stole one lockable from each basement door for the propane doors. Albeit the lockable releases offer little deterrent to those bent on thievery, it's better than nothing for now.

Attachments

• 20171025_154442.jpg
    20171025_154442.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 20171025_152827.jpg
    20171025_152827.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 73
  • 20171025_152448.jpg
    20171025_152448.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 20171025_152435.jpg
    20171025_152435.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 20171025_150715.jpg
    20171025_150715.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20171025_150703.jpg
    20171025_150703.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 64

Aandaar

The last item was one that just dawned on me while looking at my rig. There were two lockable hatch releases on each basement door, and none on the propane doors. I stole one lockable from each basement door for the propane doors. Albeit the lockable releases offer little deterrent to those bent on thievery, it's better than nothing for now.

[/URL]

IMHO putting locks on your propane doors is not a good idea. If there is a fire and the doors are locked no one can turn your bottles off.

If you are worried about theft do what I did and use a cable lock on the bottles themselves.

Just my 2 cents.

LBR

IMHO putting locks on your propane doors is not a good idea. If there is a fire and the doors are locked no one can turn your bottles off.

If you are worried about theft do what I did and use a cable lock on the bottles themselves.

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed...if your bottles have a lockable securing strap around their belly, put a lock on each one of them and swap those locking latches back off...or make sure you never lock them.

TexasTraveler2017

Today I got my Progessive EMS installed.

487a9ac5f3dc8ab23739d7c0260f289d.jpg

For now I just put the monitor in the basement. I might run it inside if/when I try to take advantage of some of the wasted space under there.

980daaf56f6a0cf60d0f81fd7e377f79.jpg

uncledon

Her chauffeur

Just my 2 cents.

Good point. I hadn't thought about that. I'll swap them back.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk