What did you do to your camper today?

porthole

Retired
I buffed the front cap with 3m finness its part # is 05928. I used a wool bonnet and set the variable speed buffer on 3 and 4.
I do this once a year to remove any oxidation on the clear coat. I always start with the front cap and work my way around the Landmark.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Carl, have you ever tried a random DA polisher or a foam pad with the Finesse?

carl.swoyer

Dual action
Dual action polisher.lol I have one but can't seem to keep the wool bonnet on. I do have 3 foam pads for my variable speed. Each pad is a different grit cutting,polish,and finish. It's a lot of work so I do a section at a time. The Makita is a bit heavier than the da.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

uncledon

Her chauffeur
So I can already hear what y'all are thinking..."Well that was a two minute job!"

Not so. HL mounted the door so high in the frame I had no clearance for the coat hook. I had to lower the door 1/4 " to gain clearance. Any further and there would be issues with the latch engaging properly.

As much as the DW and I are enjoying the layout on this BH3875FB, there was no convenient place for my hats and jackets. DW didn't like hats hung over dinette light. LOL.
76dce085714764636238803c20b79e2a.jpg
8ea3749828210ce7d81088b3259361e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

uncledon

Her chauffeur
So I can already hear what y'all are thinking..."Well that was a two minute job!"

Not so. HL mounted the door so high in the frame I had no clearance for the coat hook. I had to lower the door 1/4 " to gain clearance. Any further and there would be issues with the latch engaging properly.

As much as the DW and I are enjoying the layout on this BH3875FB, there was no convenient place for my hats and jackets. DW didn't like hats hung over dinette light. LOL.

Somebody flip my pics for me. Thx.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Never is a quick fix, is it?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
What did I do to the camper today?

Absolutely nothing . . .

However, I did go in it a couple of times to grab a few things.

It is all tucked away for a long winter's nap, although I do have all of the slides out. :p

Chippendale

What did I do to the camper today?

Absolutely nothing . . .

However, I did go in it a couple of times to grab a few things.

It is all tucked away for a long winter's nap, although I do have all of the slides out. :p

I had to go out and wipe the frost off my satellite antenna to be able to watch TV this morning, about the worst thing one has to do down here in order to winter camp at Sowell Creek COE Park on the shores of Lake Proctor, TX. I did turn on my water pump last night and unhook and drain the water hose. Will hook it back up in a few hours. Temp about 26 right now, but a beautiful sunny day which should provide us with around 53 degrees in a few hours. Will be using the trailer again the 21st, and then need to decide where to go and what to do during January, one of the problems of living in the South, where to go in your RV.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I had to go out and wipe the frost off my satellite antenna to be able to watch TV this morning, about the worst thing one has to do down here in order to winter camp at Sowell Creek COE Park on the shores of Lake Proctor, TX. I did turn on my water pump last night and unhook and drain the water hose. Will hook it back up in a few hours. Temp about 26 right now, but a beautiful sunny day which should provide us with around 53 degrees in a few hours. Will be using the trailer again the 21st, and then need to decide where to go and what to do during January, one of the problems of living in the South, where to go in your RV.

Might have to head down that way sometime soon . . . :cool:

Chippendale

Might have to head down that way sometime soon . . . :cool:

Come on, we are in a loop with 7 full hook up sites, right now, there are 3 Landmarks, 2 Big Horns and 1 Big Country, so there is room for a Prowler. Better hurry, as we are all leaving on Monday.

BobTheBuilder

20171218_154822.jpg20171218_154857.jpg
Finally installed my sliding tray (slides both directions) and my 72 bottle wine rack. We drink pretty good wine with our evening meals and when we find a really good one at a good buy, we want to take advantage of it. We added 2 vertical supports in the center and then anchored it to the forward facing basement wall with 12 screws.

BobTheBuilder

Should not be any problems. The bottles are close enough that cannot bounce out or bump each other. The bottle bottoms are forward against a wall (hard braking). All wines get a fair amount of transport, winery to distributor to retailer to home and only very old unique wines would suffer from movement. Heat is a bigger risk and a 5th wheel basement stays moderate (if not wine cellar temperatures) always, at least as moderate as a home.

jbeletti

Vacuumed the floors, scrubbed the floors, loaded a bunch of stuff inside and reinstalled my water plant (filtration+RO).

mlpeloquin

Well it was yesterday. I replaced the D seals on my main slide and replace the calking on the washer vent. Seems that Heartland uses two different types of calking on that vent. The standard calking is still good, but turns dark with dirt. The part seen from the side from the ground is white and of a different type. So I remove the cracked and chalked calking and replaced it. I also cleaned the slide topper on my main slide. It has begone to split do to rubbing on a screw head. I primed both the vinyl and the face of the slide where the screw head is with 3M 94 tape primer. After drying I put awning tape over both. Time will tell if the smooth tale will not start to wear down. Two weeks ago I took my six inch sewer hose holder off and painted them black and changed the ends to the metal six inch carrier kits. Wish I took pictures. Looks a lot better. I also talked to my independent RV repair shop about the crack that is running from the upper main slide corner. It appears to start from the screw that was place into the D seal to keep it from walking out. This was done in Goshen durning the national rally. He said it is not structural and develops on almost all fifth wheels do to the large opening and movements while traveling. He showed me at least a dozen other fifth wheels of different brands and they all had the same cracks in the same place. He suggested to clean out the calking from under the gutter on the roof, place Eternabond tape over it and calk over the ends. I did as he suggested and it doesn't look bad. He would fix it, but he said it may last six months or a a few years, but it will happen again. It depends on how much traveling, and road conditions that cause the movement. If it were structural, there would be a big bump out or split. He showed me one as well getting ready for repair.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Replaced the 9v batteries in the smoke detector & CO2 detector. The other day I replaced the fire extinguisher I carry in the basement.
Last month I gained a few more cuft of space in the basement
d573194b291c2c7d861862b5e14e6047.jpg

Added this after market grab handle as well
e9e94eb48d8b7739fe723fc6fceb6cf3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk