What tools are needed? HELP

happyappy

Before leaving my 2005 landmark grand canyon Friday, I noticed a wet spot on the carpet to the right of the bed . I'm going back today to try to find the leak.

1. What tools do I need to access the area under the bed? I didn't think to look before I left.

2. Any ideas on what I should be looking for in that area to find the source of the leak? We had a week of hard rains last week but I've not noticed a leak before.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

davidg

I would start by checking caulking on the outside/top of the slide, chances are water came from up and worked its way down to the floor, I personally would not start under the bed first.
I'm sure you will have others to give you more advice.
David

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I would follow David's advice. That water has to be coming in somewhere. check the caulking all around the slide from the roof seam down and I'll bet you find your problem. The next place I'd check is in the icemaker line if the caulking is good.

The water is coming from somewhere, obviously, but I would still check under the bed for water/mold, and address it accordingly.

happyappy

I think I found the source. Feel pretty stupid but the bedroom slide wasn't fully extended. The seal was "boogered-up" on the window which I suspect created the leak. I fully extended the slide and made sure the seal was properly seated.

The floor is almost dry already...I have a fan blowing on the carpet in the area that was wet in hopes of completely drying it out before any mold issues develop. I checked underneath and can't see any evidence of water coming through. I have my fingers crossed that it was a simple issue to resolve.

Thanks again for your advice...I'm still a newbie to a coach this complex.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A dehumidifier would work better to dry things out. Attach a garden hose to it and run it out the door.