What's your favorite carry weapon?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you are looking for a small carry pistol, but dont want to give up stopping power. Look at the Kahr CW series. about the same size as a Bersa 380, but available in 9mm or .40 caliber.

Thanks, I took a look at their website, but they're still larger than the P-11. Looks like to get the size I want, I may have to go to a .380.

On a related note, I did recently install a "Console Vault" in the truck. Easier to put my weapon in and secure then Microvault I had under the back seat. I'll use the Microvault as a travel safe or in the trailer.

soilmovers

Nick carries a Smith & Wesson 15 shot 9mm

I like my tupperware gun. Glock 45 high capacity, SWAT version w/flashlight

bss14978

Always have my Sig 229 .40 onboard, but have switched to a taurus tcp738 .380 for carry, easier to conceal. Rather have something small than nothing at all.

SilverRhino

I recently purchased a Sig Sauer P238 for a CCW. Really like the size of this firearam and it is something that my wife can also handle. Concealing this gun is not a problem ......... Only would be hard to conceal when in the swimming pool or shower :rolleyes:

bss14978

I looked at one of the Sig p238's this weekend at the Tulsa gun show and decided that I really want one, I have always been partial to the brand and have never had any issues with any that I have owned. My wife likes her Walther model 8 .25 and a 2 shot .22 mag davis derringer, even though I try to persuade her towards her 5 shot S&W .38 airweight, never a jam with that firearm.

JohnDar

I looked at one of the Sig p238's this weekend at the Tulsa gun show and decided that I really want one, I have always been partial to the brand and have never had any issues with any that I have owned. My wife likes her Walther model 8 .25 and a 2 shot .22 mag davis derringer, even though I try to persuade her towards her 5 shot S&W .38 airweight, never a jam with that firearm.

I've got one of the Davis .22 mag derringers that belonged to my Dad. They were forced out of business years ago by gun control fanatics, but Cobra Arms makes one identical to it. Had to go to their website to get a manual for it. Made a pocket holster for it out of a soft side eyeglass case to hide the profile.

porthole

Retired
Just sold a S&W 9mm in stainless that I really did not like, Have a S&W Bodyguard 380 that just came in to replace it. Won't be able to carry it, but hope Deb will like it enough to be comfortable with it for the house.

JohnDar

Much as I like my Keltec P-11, it'll have to sit in a drawer this summer. I picked up a Ruger LCP for "summer wear." Put 100 rounds through it at the range with only 3 FTE's. Sweet little gun.

TedS

JohnDar, if your LCP is like my Keltec P3AT less than firm wrist will result in FTE. Got to hold it firm.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I posted waaaay back about my 1911. Did some research with Colt and found out it was built in "1916". Now that was a surprise. The gun is older than me...WOW.

merlinb

Retired
Much as I like my Keltec P-11, it'll have to sit in a drawer this summer. I picked up a Ruger LCP for "summer wear." Put 100 rounds through it at the range with only 3 FTE's. Sweet little gun.

JohnDar, I too have a Ruger LCP that I got last June (2011) and I try to go to the range twice a month (1st & 15th are "free" days at my local range for active and retired military and LE) and I usually shoot 30-50 rounds with the LCP and my XD-9 sub-compact. I have never had an FTE with either one. The only thing I dislike about the LCP is the very loooong trigger pull but I am getting used to it. I just have to remember to always put the tip of my finger on the trigger and not the first joint. Otherwise I run out of pull ability before the hammer is released. Really like the LCP for quickie shopping trips when I am not dressed to adequately conceal my XD-9. Just drop it in a pocket and a spare magazine in another pocket and I am on my way. :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I posted waaaay back about my 1911. Did some research with Colt and found out it was built in "1916". Now that was a surprise. The gun is older than me...WOW.
Not too much stuff around that's older than you Bob. Other than dirt.
028.gif

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Took the S&W Bodyguard 380 (laser) to the range last. This is a sweet little auto. Put about 100 rounds through it, which takes some time with a single 6 round mag.
Out of the box, using the sights or laser, I easily put almost all of them in the black of the attached target at 21 feet.

If I took my time it could put a mag full through the black at 50 feet. Will be looking for a 7 round, maybe with an extension when they come out.
Recoil is reasonable (it is small) and recovery is very easy.
Compered to my son's back-up Kel-Tec 9 this is a 100% better. That little Kel-Tec really kicks. He put a mag extension it and that causes frequent mag release while shooting.

Fit and finish compered to the Kel is night and day.

Attachments

• _Bullseye1.pdf
    118.6 KB · Views: 52