What's your favorite carry weapon?

jimtoo

Hi DWSW2012,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Since you have been a member for a while I hope you have seen all the info that is available to our members.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

dave10a

Here is something interesting: http://www.cnbc.com/id/48943733. I hope people know how to use them in hostile conditions-- it could be a little scary if they don't :). Me I don't carry a gun, but leave them home because I have not found a need to after 15 years of RVing. I do have a permit and active with gun reloading and target shooting while winning my share of trophies. I do get concerned when a fellow camper tells me how prepared he is with RV invasion, but has little knowledge of self defense and the laws. Some of the guns they carry could cause a lot of peripheral damage to innocent bystanders. Dry camping may be a little different because of threatening wild grizzlies and cougars. I did carry a .44mag pistol while fishing in those areas in my past life time, because it was/is legal and I would fire in the air to scare them away which has always worked--- even with grizzlies with cubs that thought I was some kind of threat.

creeper

Currently any of my .40 calibers. I dumped everything under .40 cal. Over the numerous shootings I investigated over the years there were just too many lower calibers stopped by clothing and various other objects. Had a guy shot 3 times in the head point blank with a .380 and he walked out of the hospital 4 hours later, they never penetrated his skull. A 9mm stopped by various jackets, 9mm bouncing off windshields. Watched a guy dig out a .38 out of his knee cap with his pocket knife in our lobby. Not much faith in anything less the .40.

TedS

The take-away from that report is practice your double tap no matter the caliber. Just in case the one shot psychologial stop does not stop.

hbcottage

hbcottage
I like a Mosburg 12gage folding stock with side sattle and triple 0 buckshot / slug loads w/red dot lazer in the RV. I like 40cal SW and 9mm Glock elsewhere. Lots of time on the range and quals while on active duty USN, plus target shooting since. :eek:

creeper

The take-away from that report is practice your double tap no matter the caliber. Just in case the one shot psychologial stop does not stop.

Important point and then of course double up on the double tap if the threat is not stopped.

MdMike

Mostly it is my Smith and Wesson M&P9C in a Crossbreed Supertuck or my Phil Bernie Conceal Max pro.... Sometimes it may be my Ruger LCP in a wallet holster.

In the rig I have the M&P in my nightstand and the wife has the Glock 19 in hers.

Moe3754

I have a Glock 19 with three clips and if that is not enough I have the Bushmaster Patrolman AR with two thirty round clips in the closet next to the bed..

JRBEN

SA XD-45 .45ACP w/2 13 round magazines. Shoots like a 9mm with the stopping power of a .45. Plus the 13 round magazines provide enough firepower to handle any situation short of a major firefight. :)

MdMike

Just bought another weapon for concealed carry. A Springfield XDs .45acp.... It is a 6+1 .45 in a compact 4.5 inch tall by 6.3 inch long by 1 inch thick package. Will start carrying after 500 rounds go thru it. So my work is cut out for me next week!

Noobie

I carry a glock 19 my mother carries a ruger lcp

Mine
uqazatas.jpg

Mom's
zymu7eba.jpg

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Sig P238 .380 with night sights, Its heavier then the Kel-Tec or Ruger LCP so recoil is much easier controlled and it is a more accurate hand gun.

Not a fan of the larger cal for carry. My opinion for civilian there is not need for a 9mm or larger CCH.

MdMike

So an update on my XDs... 750 rounds fired with various ammo to include my defense ammo. No issues! Great groups at 25 yes (under 3 inches)!

Conceals like a dream IWB with a custom holster similar to a Cross Breed Supertuck but more comfy and cheaper cost!

Highly recommend this weapon!

porthole

Retired
So an update on my XDs... 750 rounds fired with various ammo to include my defense ammo. No issues! Great groups at 25 yes (under 3 inches)!

Conceals like a dream IWB with a custom holster similar to a Cross Breed Supertuck but more comfy and cheaper cost!

Highly recommend this weapon!

On my wish list for the next permit!