What's your favorite carry weapon?

So going after my Second Ammendment Rights is not enough? You wish to go for the First also? I do not understand why you wish to take away the rights of those who wish for nothing more than to keep their families and friends safe by carrying for defensive purposes only. If you deosre to not carry do not. However, if I decide to carry, I will. Please make the coices of execrcising your rights the way you please and provide me the same courteousy. That being said I will repeat Taurus Judge with three .454 Casulls and two .410 PDX1s. In the truck a Taurus Judge with 45 Long Colts versus Casuls. The original version.
Excellent Idea !

pegmikef

That being said I will repeat Taurus Judge with three .454 Casulls and two .410 PDX1s. In the truck a Taurus Judge with 45 Long Colts versus Casuls. The original version.

I am curious about the 45 long colts in the truck (we usually have a Kahr and Glock, both 9MM, in the truck), but keep the Judge loaded about the same as yours in the coach. These loads aren't sufficient for defense in the truck? I have often thought of keeping a couple of the 45 rounds plus the self defense rounds in the Judge but fear any potential collateral damage because of the velocity.

I do not use my 9mm at all for a defensive load. It simply does not have the knockdown impact I desire. My 9 mm is simply the handgun I use for keeping my proficiency with weapons. It is a cheap load to shoot a couple hundred at the range. Even the gun I bought for my wife is a .40. If I have to use it I want every load to count. If I have the time to pop off 3 or 4 rounds I probably have the time to get out of the situation without using it. If I pull it I intend it to be a single shot and out. To me this is expecially important if there is more than one intended target. I do not want to be shifting targets multiple times with multiple rounds each. My goal is one pop and a drop each.
I am curious about the 45 long colts in the truck (we usually have a Kahr and Glock, both 9MM, in the truck), but keep the Judge loaded about the same as yours in the coach. These loads aren't sufficient for defense in the truck? I have often thought of keeping a couple of the 45 rounds plus the self defense rounds in the Judge but fear any potential collateral damage because of the velocity.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I do not use my 9mm at all for a defensive load. It simply does not have the knockdown impact I desire. My 9 mm is simply the handgun I use for keeping my proficiency with weapons. It is a cheap load to shoot a couple hundred at the range. Even the gun I bought for my wife is a .40. If I have to use it I want every load to count. If I have the time to pop off 3 or 4 rounds I probably have the time to get out of the situation without using it. If I pull it I intend it to be a single shot and out. To me this is expecially important if there is more than one intended target. I do not want to be shifting targets multiple times with multiple rounds each. My goal is one pop and a drop each.

One Pop and one drop is a nice theory but unless you hit a fellow in the head it will take more then one rd to stop a person. Even a shot to the heart won't instantly drop a person as he will still have time to squeeze off a few rds himself. Like our CHL instructor said, don't stop until the Mag is empty. If you decide to make the commitment to use your weapon don't take the chance that one or two rds has stopped them. Only stop to you are empty or he has hit the floor lifeless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Assuning one i close enoufh that all 4 discs and 16 pellets hit center mass og its intended target it will have a pretty large force of impact on a person. Put this center mass and I will think ut wull be a challenge for a gun to be drawn and fired. THis if course assumes one is close enough for all of the load to hit the target. If not the next round is eihter a .45 LC or .454. Casull. BTW the Judge does not have a clip. Semis offer too great a chance to jam for my liking.
One Pop and one drop is a nice theory but unless you hit a fellow in the head it will take more then one rd to stop a person. Even a shot to the heart won't instantly drop a person as he will still have time to squeeze off a few rds himself. Like our CHL instructor said, don't stop until the Mag is empty. If you decide to make the commitment to use your weapon don't take the chance that one or two rds has stopped them. Only stop to you are empty or he has hit the floor lifeless.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Oh, you are using a Judge with Home Defense rounds. Different story.

Delaine and Lindy

Colt, 380, fits jeans pocket, and Cowboy boots, don't leave home without it.. Inside the RV, The Judge… Wife carries a 38 cal. body guard...

Phatkd

On duty, a S&W stainless 9mm. However I always have a Benelli Super Nova Tactical with C-stock and a Rossi Ranch hand in my personal truck (Except when traveling in the US)…I have never even looked into transporting firearms into the states.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO jealous of your CCW laws down in the US. As a Police officer,..I can honestly say I wish Canada had CCW permits.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
On duty, a S&W stainless 9mm. However I always have a Benelli Super Nova Tactical with C-stock and a Rossi Ranch hand in my personal truck (Except when traveling in the US)…I have never even looked into transporting firearms into the states.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO jealous of your CCW laws down in the US. As a Police officer,..I can honestly say I wish Canada had CCW permits.

That's a shock to hear! I was beginning to think most Canadians considered us to be gun-toting, crazed killers reminiscent of the Wild West.

With the new game called "Knock-out" being played by fun-loving youngsters, carrying in a holster under a jacket while out and about may not be advised. Maintain situational awareness, keep your guard up, and avoid close quarter encounters.

Phatkd

That's a shock to hear! I was beginning to think most Canadians considered us to be gun-toting, crazed killers reminiscent of the Wild West.

With the new game called "Knock-out" being played by fun-loving youngsters, carrying in a holster under a jacket while out and about may not be advised. Maintain situational awareness, keep your guard up, and avoid close quarter encounters.

I for one am a card carrying conservative, a gun rights advocate and an advocate for pretty much anything that involves safer communities. And to me, my perfect world would look very much like Switzerland and Canada, with the entire civilian population (Over 16) trained in hand to hand combat and well versed in all things firearms.

But I just a crazy Canadian :)

Now back to your regular scheduled program at the HOC

PS - post pics…I love guns!

I for one am a card carrying conservative, a gun rights advocate and an advocate for pretty much anything that involves safer communities. And to me, my perfect world would look very much like Switzerland and Canada, with the entire civilian population (Over 16) trained in hand to hand combat and well versed in all things firearms.

But I just a crazy Canadian :)

Now back to your regular scheduled program at the HOC

PS - post pics…I love guns!

Well said. I love what Canada looks like but I cannot stand your gun control laws. I was held at the border for over 2 hours simply because I was honest and said I do own handguns and nave a CCW, though I said I was not carrying at that point

Phatkd

Well said. I love what Canada looks like but I cannot stand your gun control laws. I was held at the border for over 2 hours simply because I was honest and said I do own handguns and nave a CCW, though I said I was not carrying at that point

Our laws are very far from perfect,..but we are the only free country (That I am aware of) that is slowing chipping our way back from underneath our once totally (Think almost as bad as California,..not quite, but almost) totally over the top gun control legislation. Registry for our long guns and shorter rifles like the rossi ranch hand and the like is totally gone. But now we have more work to do on our restricted and carry laws.

Will it ever be perfect? Probably not,..but at least it is moving in the right direction which is rare for politicians these days.

Any HOC member traveling through my area is more than welcome to join me at my local gun club and get your fix while traveling.

Sorry to derail,..

Kris

DWChris

S&W M&P .40 cal, but also my Kimber .45. But when I'm carrying - I prefer the M&P due to weight.