What's your favorite carry weapon?

WitnessProtection

retired Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Sig P238 for personal carry. Fits easily into any pocket. Only a .380 but still has decent stopping power with good ammo. Corbon makes excellent ammo for personal protection.

Inside the R.V. a Rem 870 with #1 buckshot. This load has adequate stopping power at close range but lacks the over penetration problems that can be an issue with pistol ammo, especially in thin walled campers. Plus if someone fails to retreat after the sound of a pump shotgun being chambered, I figure they have really bad intentions and have had proper warning.....

Always know the CCL restrictions and requirement for the state that your traveling in, your freedom may depend on it.

avvidclif

#1 Buck has the same penetration problems times 27 (pellets/shell). Trailer wall won't slow it down much. Try #9 shot (skeet load). Converts the human body to ground hamburger and very little penetration thru solid objects.

I stick to my Beretta for carry I have found a holder in truck and need to order for camper. Magma arm mounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFam5

I carry a Taurus G2 and my wife has the Walther CCP. That is an amazingly easy, light, and accurate weapon for a lady. I used Taurus as a duty weapon and shot as well as a Glock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

Any round including buckshot will go through your walls and the walls of the trailer next to you. Unless you hit the perp and it stops there you will get someone in the next trailer too. We cleared out trailers for three or four rows around the trailer that we were doing an entry on for just that reason. I hated trailer park entries. One way in and one way out. Tunnel of death.

Ladiver

I have been carrying the Sig Sauer P938, concealed, for the past couple of years. I just started carrying a Colt Defender and find it more comfortable to carry, even though it is physically larger. I have also shifted from a 1-2 o'clock position to 3 o'clock.

GOTTOYS

Just curious...of the many, many posts on here. Have any of you ever had to draw your weapon? Just wondering if this is something I need to get into. Don't want to hear about the reasons to carry, just want to know if anyone has had to use it and why? Thank you...Don

Sarge

Here in CA - We can choose up to three firearms listed by serial number:

KelTec PF9 / 7+1 in 9mm. Very light and thin.
Glock 33 / 10+1 in 357SIG. Higher capacity and like 9mm on steroids.
ATI Fat boy LW 1911 / 14+1 in .45ACP. Double stack 3"...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
In my over 28 years of service Yes I have had to draw my weapon many times. Back in the day it was almost standard procedure on the 11pm-7am (graveyard) shift to approach any vehicle stopped with your sidearm in your hand. It was an Officer Safety thing. The only time I actually discharged my weapon was when I was attacked by two Rottweilers when I was walking to my front door. I had to shoot one of the dogs and I shot it with my 12 guage Remington 870 shotgun. Yes the dog was killed but after a massive investigation by my Department and a 5 hour interrogation by the Internal Affairs Investigators the shooting was found to be justified.

Last edited:

kowAlski631

Just curious...of the many, many posts on here. Have any of you ever had to draw your weapon? Just wondering if this is something I need to get into. Don't want to hear about the reasons to carry, just want to know if anyone has had to use it and why? Thank you...Don

We've never had to use it, but we'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.