When do the 2014 models come out (BH 3010RE)?

galnelson

??when are the 2014 models scheduled to come out? Will there be changes from 2013 models, specifically the 3010RE?

ksmith555

Re: When do the 2014 models come out?

We ordered our Cyclone February 1st expecting it to be a 2013, didn't find out until we signed the paperwork last Friday that it was delivered with a 2014 badge on it. The only noticeable change from our order was that both awnings had the new LED's included and the bedding looked a little bit different.

Al.K

We ordered our 3010RE on Mar 11.We should be seeing it any day.
The MSRP copy we received shows it as a 2014 model.
When we ordered it the option list showed the power reel as N/A.

happykraut

We ordered our 3010RE on Mar 11.We should be seeing it any day. The MSRP copy we received shows it as a 2014 model. When we ordered it the option list showed the power reel as N/A.
The MSRP list that I have shows it as an option for $643. I've also been told by the factory that it is available now.

K

karykatz

The 3010RE is now avilable with the power cord reel option. This will go into affect for any units being built the week of 4/15/2013. We will not be able to add this to units that have already been built.

I hope this helps.

Al.K

Well,as Maxwell Smart would say "Missed it by that much".Looks like we got everything we wanted but the power reel.Not a deal braker for us.
All of our TTs had the power cord coming from a side compartment.Being that this is our first fifth wheel.I'll ask what does everyone do with their power cords?

Speedy

Manually coil it up and lug the heavy thing to the off-door side compartment. I may complain about that but from what I have read about problems with the powered cord reels I'll live with the hassle.

jimtoo

What I have found to be very helpful is to use a milk crate. Make a hole in lower side for male plug (post end) and leave about 2 ft. out and coil up the rest in the crate... with female (trailer end) on top. Easier to lift like that... stays in place.

Jim M

skyguy

My SOB before the Bighorn came with a round laundry basket, and the 50 AMP was coiled round within. I kept that basket when we graduated to the Bighorn. Works great!

happykraut

Re: When do the 2014 models come out?

The laundry basket has worked for me in my last three rigs. However, we are close to getting a BH3010RE with the power reel option.

Last edited: