where is the end of the winegard cable

sjandbj

I have a new Winegard Direct tv dish to install on my 2015 Big Country. I have asked the factory 3 times for the location of the end of the winegard cable inside of the trailer. i have found the end that goes to the roof and out to the dish but I cannot find the opposite end. Does anyone know where this end might be?

Steve

avvidclif

Go to HUG (Heartland Users Guides) at the top of the page and click on it, then, electronics, then coax layouts, then ALL. There are 2 layouts I saw, probably more.

danemayer

Get a flashlight and look around your bedroom closet. On many floor plans, the coax cables are in the closet, often on the off-door-side, and the control cable is nearby.

mrrocko

i just installed a dish winegard. the cables to the dish where in the celling with a elect plate covering. i then drilled a pilot hole inside the trailer threw the roof and a bigger hole on the roof. these cables ran to the box in my back closet i had two plate witha jumper. once i installed the dish i got signal to the living room from the box in closet after i jumped the the bottom outlet to the other outlet

sjandbj

Get a flashlight and look around your bedroom closet. On many floor plans, the coax cables are in the closet, often on the off-door-side, and the control cable is nearby.

Thanks everyone for the help.
The lost has been found. I had to remove the rack in the back of the closet to look for the cable it was nowhere to be found. I ended up hooking up a toner to trace the cable through the roof. I was surprised to hear the signal was the strongest at the top of the roof behind the washer /Dryer cabinet. BTW there is no access behind this cabinet. I went back to the closet opening and took a long broom handle to push back the insulation and there it was wrapped in a plastic bag with tape to keep it coiled up. There was no possible way to reach the cable to unwrap the tape. I was more than a little bit annoyed. I had no choice but to cut a access hole in the back of the cabinet to undo the cable then fish it to the other side. What should have taken 10 mins turned into a 4 hour job. I have attached a photo of the cable and cut out. Seems it would be a lot easier the next time i do this but hopefully there will not be a next time. Just a QC from the factory would have saved me many hours of work.

IMG_1488.JPG