Where is the slide lubed??????????

RanCarr

We read the booklet that came with the TT and all it had was one paragraph that didn't apply to the 28BRS. We lubed the cable but see no rails to lubricate. All we see are plastic rollers... what part is lubricated on the 28BRS? :confused: Where are the rails and how do we reach them?

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
RanCarr,

Lubing not only applies to what we call gears, pullies, rails and cables. I lube my rubber seals, inside and out, all around all of my slide outs with a specific rubber seal spray on lube. I then lube all visible rails and mechaincal parts, when slides are open or extended, that the slides run on with another product that is a dry lube specific to this appllication. If it is not visible when extended I don't go looking for it. Multiple products are out there and a periodical spray is all that is needed. Don't forget the visiual inspection for large particles of dirt, pebbles, twigs and any other items that can get caught and cause problems. Hope this helps.

RanCarr

RanCarr,

Lubing not only applies to what we call gears, pullies, rails and cables. I lube my rubber seals, inside and out, all around all of my slide outs with a specific rubber seal spray on lube.

We've already done that with a seal lube from CampingWorld.

I then lube all visible rails and mechaincal parts, when slides are open or extended, that the slides run on with another product that is a dry lube specific to this appllication. If it is not visible when extended I don't go looking for it. Multiple products are out there and a periodical spray is all that is needed. Don't forget the visiual inspection for large particles of dirt, pebbles, twigs and any other items that can get caught and cause problems. Hope this helps.

There are no rails visible when the slide is in or out. All we can see are what looks like white nylon rollers.. whatever they roll on is inside and under the slide and not visible or reachable to lubricate. I have to assume there is nothing under our slide to lubricate. :confused: Nothing can get under there either, such as twigs or nuts.... maybe a small animal such as a squirrel. Geeze, I hope that never happens. :eek:

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
RanCarr, Lubing not only applies to what we call gears, pullies, rails and cables. I lube my rubber seals, inside and out, all around all of my slide outs with a specific rubber seal spray on lube.

Many owners do this with satisfactory results however, the recommendation of the seal manufacturer is not to lube the rubber wipes. HERE is a previous thread on the issue.

RanCarr

Many owners do this with satisfactory results however, the recommendation of the seal manufacturer is not to lube the rubber wipes. HERE is a previous thread on the issue.

That's OK with me. One less thing to worry about. He's already put the silicone on them and they do as they're supposed to.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If you fold down the seal at the bottom of the slide, you should be able to see the slide rollers. If so, you can put some lubricant on these.