Where should we hold the 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJnVA

Re: Close to a decision on where to hold the 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally

37.47 miles to Urbanna in 2014 versus 736.40 miles (2-day trip) to Goshen in 2013 for us. BethPage is awesome campground - beautiful setting, too! So, we are definitely the fortunate ones in 2014!

dalspot

My two cents on rally dates... Monday - Thursday/Friday. That way one has two weekend travel days coming and going. It was a stretch getting Monday off this year for a second day of travel home. Fortunately the VA rally is 214 miles, easily a day-drive :)

If we get the dates we want, they will be:
Pre-Rally: Sunday, June 8 through Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Rally: Thursday, June 12 through Sunday, June 15, 2014

Remember - we DO NOT yet have a contract so this is all very tentative. Hope you can make it.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Looks like a nice place.. But $74.95 for a seasonal site.... Doubt they will bring the price down where it is in my price range even for a rally.

We have been planning to go to Alaska for a number of years and have been looking very hard at going next year if things go right. Looks like we will have to wait for another rally in 2015 if we are still kickin..

BC

jimtoo

Looks like a nice place.. But $74.95 for a seasonal site.... Doubt they will bring the price down where it is in my price range even for a rally.

We have been planning to go to Alaska for a number of years and have been looking very hard at going next year if things go right. Looks like we will have to wait for another rally in 2015 if we are still kickin..

BC

I'm with you on this one Bob. Their prices are a little out of my range, unless they really reduce them a whole lot for the rally.

jbeletti

Site costs will be nice for the rally and will be included in the rally cost. The rally site night cost will be honored for the pre-rally days too.

Last edited:

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
We are ready for the 2014 National Rally drive, be it Urbana or North Carolina. But first, let's get ready to ramble up in Goshen, Indiana. Can't wait.

Gaffer

Looking at the map, it seems like about as far as you can get from previous rallys is southern California or Las Vegas.
Hey all,

Everyone even numbered year, we hold the North American Heartland Owners Rally "on the road" somewhere in North America. I'd like to get some feedback on where we should consider to have our 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally. Use this thread to give your feedback and generally chat this up :)

Past and planned North American Rally locations
  • 2006: Goshen, Indiana
  • 2007: Goshen Indiana
  • 2008: Branson, Missouri
  • 2009: Goshen, Indiana
  • 2010: Nashville, Tennessee
  • 2011: Goshen, Indiana
  • 2012: Gillette, Wyoming (future event)
  • 2013: Goshen, Indiana (future event)
  • 2014: To be determined
  • 2015: Goshen, Indiana (future event)
  • 2016: To be determined
  • 2017: Goshen, Indiana (future event)
So here's the criteria I try to use when considering a location and venue for the "on the road" North American Heartland Owners Rally:

Timing

• Mid-April to mid-July, based on weather

Geographic Boundary

• Within the U.S. or Canada

Specific Geographic Location

• Where we have not previously held this event
  • In a region where up to 1,000 Heartland rigs exist, where can attract up to 200 of those rigs

Venue

• Caters to rallies
  • Has 300 or more sites
  • Has availability during our time-frame
  • Is a "destination" or has enough attraction on either side of it where attendees may use the rally as one stop on their vacation
Map showing past/planned locations (click here to interact with map)
View attachment 14170

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not thinking for the 2014 but maybe 2016. How about somewhere around Utah? Not really sure if there is any venues that could work but as far as geography goes, really looks like a logical location. And with all the National Parks in Southern Utah, there definitely would be plenty to see and do.

TXTiger

Las Vegas and Phoenix would be good locations but may be a little too hot in the summer. Los Angeles, San Diego or some where in between would be good and good weather. San Francisco Bay Area is good also.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Since the 2014 rally seems to be pretty much set, shouldn't the thread title be changed to reflect a discussion about where the 2016 rally will be held? Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tracks

I don’t believe the 2014 National Rally location has been finalized at this time. Unless you have inside information!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don’t believe the 2014 National Rally location has been finalized at this time. Unless you have inside information!

Please see Jim's post #107.
It seems to be down to no more than two finalists.
Therefore any discussion beyond those two locations, (which much of this is), seems irrelevant for 2014 and should be directed towards the 2016 National Rally, IMO. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Gaffer

This is the quote from Jim..."Just wanted to update you on the 2014 rally.

I have decided that the 2014 rally will be held generally in the east.

That said, I have 2 finalists for 2014:

• North Carolina State Fairgrounds in Raleigh, NC
  • Bethpage Camp Resort in Urbanna, VA

I plan to make a decision by April 15th."
Trace is right. We need a thread for the 2016 National Rally on the west coast.

Thenomads

We are sorry to hear the 2014 Rally is probably going to be on the East Coast. My husband and I were planning on calling the 2014 Rally our Anniversary gift to ourselves if it was going to be held in the Western third of the United States. Looks like we will celebrate elsewhere, unfortunately. Hopefully the 2016 Rally will be in the West, that is what we are voting on. Even Goshen is too far, we both work and cannot go that far on our limited vacation time and still have some vacation for other trips during the year. We look forward to retirement when we would be able to take these long extended trips, but unfortunately it going to be at least a few more years. Love our Big Horn and look forward to attending Rally's that are reachable from our California home.

Corey and M'Lissa

jjriker

Jim,

Any idea yet when this 2014 rally will be? Strange as it sounds, starting to look ahead at next summer and we really would like to make this one. :)

dbbls59

It was reported at the Goshen Rally that it will be at Bethpage Camp Resort in Urbanna, VA in early June. Don't remember the exact date but some time in the first two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.