Where should we hold the 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Re: Close to a decision on where to hold the 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally

April 15th ?? of 2014 ?? Or did you mean May 15th? Looks like I will be driving east again next summer!

I did mean April 15. Until I have a signed contract though - I have nothing "official" to to announce. The contract is being negotiated with Bethpage Camp Resort (website) in Urbanna, VA (map). So there's the "unofficial", hopeful location.

When we have a contract, I will make this official. Now where's that cat at? I seem to be holding an empty bag :)

Jim

FiremanBill

Re: Close to a decision on where to hold the 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally

SWEET! 42 miles from my house! I think we can swing this one. lol

Seriously though, if you need anything done or checked out face to face let me know. I'll be happy to help out!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
2667 miles from mine. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

olcoon

1126 for us, there go your averages! Still planning on going though!

Last edited:

Eddhuy

2841 for me. I have driven to Portsmouth many years ago and just as far to Tampa but I was in the Military and did not have to drive back right away, big difference.

Thank goodness for Regional Rallies.

Miller0758

300 miles for us so certainly doable. Now, we just have to wait for the dates and worry about conflicts with the kids missing school.

davebennington

I will jump in and help with keeping the average down 140 for us.

jbeletti

SWEET! 42 miles from my house! I think we can swing this one. lol

Seriously though, if you need anything done or checked out face to face let me know. I'll be happy to help out!

Thank you Bill.

jbeletti

300 miles for us so certainly doable. Now, we just have to wait for the dates and worry about conflicts with the kids missing school.

If we get the dates we want, they will be:
Pre-Rally: Sunday, June 8 through Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Rally: Thursday, June 12 through Sunday, June 15, 2014

Remember - we DO NOT yet have a contract so this is all very tentative. Hope you can make it.

jbeletti

2841 for me. I have driven to Portsmouth many years ago and just as far to Tampa but I was in the Military and did not have to drive back right away, big difference.

Thank goodness for Regional Rallies.

Jack and Evelyn,

Thank you for your comment. You make a very good point. With 1 North American Rally annually, the Regional Rallies become significant when you are 2 or 3 thousand miles away from the North American Rally.

At this time, we do 3 Regional Rallies (North East, South East and Pacific West). One day, we may see a Regional Rally in the Mountain, Central and Canada Regions.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Camped there before. Great area with lots to see and do. Sure hope it "comes to pass." Jim, same as with FiremanBill, we are less than 100 miles from Urbana, so any "pre-rally" leg work you need done, just ask. We'll pitch in where ever you need help. Keith & Carol

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Count us in. Not sure where we will be, but I am sure we will make the drive. Looks like a really nice place.

olcoon

As far as the national rallies go (many other things also), the nice thing about living in MO is that we are in the middle, so North, South, East, or West, we can do it all. Especially now that we are on permeant vacation!!! Foot loose & fancy free, have Heartland RV, will travel!!!

jnbhobe

I guess I should jump on the band wagon Its a 500 mile trip for us but its only 75 miles from my daughters right down Rt.17.

hcriddle

1460 for us but we will make the trip. Too much fun to pass up!

Status
Not open for further replies.