Where would you go on your first trip?

gpcvg

We are planning our first big trip in our Bighorn for this June. We live near the Cincinnati area and will start there. We have had small couple day practice trips but nothing 2 weeks or longer. We thought we would work our way up to the longer trips. I hope that is a good way to do things. We are thinking of camping on some of the Blue Ridge Parkway. We are thinking of starting in Gatlinburg and work from there.Any thoughts on different trips or where we should stay or see along the Parkway?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lou_and_Bette

Bighorn...Any thoughts on different trips or where we should stay or see along the Parkway?
Thanks in advance.

Two suggestions, if you mean the Blue Ridge Parkway when you say "Parkway," there are places on the road you won't fit; and avoid US 129 at all costs-ask Roadbuster on this forum what the Tail of the Dragon is like towing a big rig.

kowAlski631

Second avoiding parts of the Parkway while pulling. The Tail of the Dragon is fun on a motorcycle or in a sports car, I would never consider pulling our BH through it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
What everybody else just said. If you want to see the BR Parkway or Skyline Drive find a base camp in the valley and tour it without the camper. We've done both liking the Skyline Drive best. The Parkway gets old after a few hours of all the turns and really not much to see. IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk