Who has upgraded to the MORryde pin box..?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
JD, I love the ride of the Trail-Air pinbox. My only complaint is the air bladder loses pressure. I bought a small inflator from Wal Mart that takes care of this problem.

bh3585

Speaking of the MORryde pin box. I'm trying to find my VIN# of my 2018 Newport that is normally stamped on the pin box but it's not there. Does the MORryde system cover it up? Thanks in advance

danemayer

Speaking of the MORryde pin box. I'm trying to find my VIN# of my 2018 Newport that is normally stamped on the pin box but it's not there. Does the MORryde system cover it up? Thanks in advance

Look on the side wall, not the pinbox. Off-door-side.

ILH

With regard to the airbag style pinboxes (RE trail-air) - my previous trailer was a Road Warrior - I had a BD3 Hitch in the bed of the truck which had twin air bags. When it was set to the proper air pressure, it was a beautiful ride. Now that I have the Landmark, it came with the MORyde (and I have a 30K RAM hitch)- and I can honestly say the ride is pretty smooth. However, the Landmark does have a much better suspension system - so I'm not sure if that's a major part of the equation.

bh3585

I'm aware of the sticker on the off door side. I'm trying to find the one that is stamped on the unit because I live in wonderful Kansas and it has to be inspected by the Highway Patrol since it was an out of state purchase to make sure it's not stolen, (even though I have a title and bill of sale and lien release from the previous owners bank from the dealership). In order for them to complete the inspection they need 2 matching VIN's. the Federal sticker on the off door side is one they can use but they need another one. On my past 5ers there was always a VIN# stamped on the pin box. Sorry for not explaining why I'm l needing this info. Any ideas?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Check for a yellow sticker on the entry door jamb.
You might find the VIN there.

Peace
Dave