Who really turns the water faucet off after every wash - Ariston Washer

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There are four valves that need to be opened in order to get water into our rig. Three are accessible from the outside and the fourth is locked in the UDC. When we're gone for extended periods, I shut them all and open a faucet to relieve pressure inside the rig. I make it a habit to periodically run my fingers over all accessible fittings while we're at the rig, checking for any moisture/leaks.

So far, since 2009, we've only had four leaks. One was actually at a plastic PEX elbow in the basement, just a small drip found while dewinterizing. Another was my fault for not properly winterizing the washing machine. The third was the bathroom faucet and the way it was constructed, allowing water to run back through the housing and down the supply lines (took a little to figure that one out). And the last was when the (insert expletives) anti-siphon valve in the black tank flush line broke up it the wall behind the toilet (no access panel) while I was flushing the tank following dumping.

ksucats

We don't, and couldn't if we wanted to. The shutoffs are behind the unit (stacked Splendide set) so not available to get to. This is one thing that surprises me -- that manufactures put the water connections and drain at the back of the area.