We drove 80 miles one way to see the 33BKSS and over 250 Miles to see a 32BUDS.
I was considering a North Trail 33BKSS. I ended up ordering a North Trail 32BUDS.
Here are things we liked and disliked about the 33BKSS
1. Slide-out kitchen is intriguing. However, We use the awning outside quite a bit and figured out that the slide-out takes up quite a bit of space under the awning.
2. Kitchen Slide-out has to be out to access the refrigerator.
3. Space under the sink is heavily wasted. You have a small cabinet there but the rounded ends have lots of wasted space. The island made things a bit more cramped
4. Big Pantry is really nice feature. It is deep and wide so you can store quite a bit.
5. Bathroom has two doors. The exterior door is nice so you can use/access the bathroom without extending a slide-out.
6. Bathroom loses quite a bit of cabinet space because of the exterior door. (Compare to the 32BUDS to see difference)
7. We liked the BIG windows by the dinette.
8. The Front bedroom door swings out towards the kitchen. It makes it a big awkward to enter.
9. The Door to the Rear bedroom is really a great feature as it offers some extra privacy and reduced light and sound for those in the rear bedroom.
10. The Mega dinette - Really only seats 3 people. It can be somewhat difficult to get in. Table is narrow and could be very crowded.
11. The Mega dinette - Lots of storage under the seats. However, to access any one compartment you have to remove a minimum of 4 cushions.
We ordered a bench dinette instead of the mega dinette. We keep much of the storage. But can seat four easily and have a 5th at the end of the table using an additional chair.
12. Front bed Rounded Corners on the cabinets and Finished nightstands with electric outlets on both sides of the bed.
13. Kitchen. Lots of counter space. By the sink, and the stove.
14. Kitchen. everything is in arms reach stove sink counter top.
I can keep listing more.......
Thanks for taking the time to write all that Silverado. That's a great point about the slide out taking up awning space. We hadn't thought about that. I drove 60 miles today to check one out and I agree with all the things you mentioned. I see what you mean about not being able to access the fridge with the kitchen slide out closed.
Great looking trailer though and the wife is in love with it. Dealer stopped at 38k out the door. Not sure if that's a deal since that was the first quote we got.
If you like the 33BKSS but don't need the slide-out kitchen/island, then Check out a 32BUDS very similar layout, one less slide and a very open kitchen.
As I mentioned earlier, you don't lose the space under the awing in the 32BUDS either.
Overall, I think the 32BUDS has equal or more storage than the 33BKSS also.
Good luck with your hunt.