Will All Road Warriors Please Stand Up! Represent Your Warrior!

TxRoadWarrior362

2015 RW305 and F250 Platinum

91cbc0a8c5c10b5aad55aaa1c668defb.jpg

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Very nice rig! Thanks for posting.

TxRoadWarrior362

Well, I dropped the Warrior off for some warranty repairs, and I'm going thru withdraws! Lol

Question for ya'll. Do you see any items on my "to do" list that are alarming to you? Are these typical repairs that one might find on any new 5er?

Bathroom vent latch broke
Middle ac unit won't cycle off, and some air is coming out of garage ac registers with middle ac on.
Livingroom slide- when closed the fender not flush
Roof is badly stained by all three ac units. (Doesn't seem fresh of slick like ac oil, looks like it was that way from the factory. We didn't notice at purchase.)
Auto level works like it should, but Warrior is not level after auto level.
Kristy and I swear that one front jack bleeds down a little overnight

Thanks,
Tim

nfa1eab

AC cycling could depend on temp setting. If too low, no cycling.
Fender one slide not flush is normal, weird looking, but normal.
Stains from condensate, normal.
Auto level has calibration procedure in manual.
Jack bleeding down, not normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

hboy1

In our RW all 3 a/c are centrally ducted. So when the living room A/C is on, it's blowing into the bedroom and garage by design.

When you say the a/c is not cycling off, are you sure? Silly for me asking but there is a fan setting for 'auto', 'low', 'high'. If the fan is set to auto then the blower will shut off between cycles. If the fan is set to low or high it will keep blowing while the a/c compressor is on or off.

I noticed heavy staining on our roof from all 3 a/c. it's a green color that made me think mildew or something. I tried to wash it off, but it aint commin off. I've come to peace with that. I'd be interested to know what you learn about this after warranty repair.

When the slides are in, the fenders do not line up by design. The side profile looks normal, but there is an offset.

They will probably re calibrate the auto level and there is a fix for the ram that bleeds off.

Hope it all gets resolved to your satisfaction.

IronJ

Well, I dropped the Warrior off for some warranty repairs, and I'm going thru withdraws! Lol

Question for ya'll. Do you see any items on my "to do" list that are alarming to you? Are these typical repairs that one might find on any new 5er?

Middle ac unit won't cycle off, and some air is coming out of garage ac registers with middle ac on.
Roof is badly stained by all three ac units. (Doesn't seem fresh of slick like ac oil, looks like it was that way from the factory. We didn't notice at purchase.)

Thanks,
Tim

Heck if that's your whole list your golden!!

Fender not flush is normal.

Stains from ac condenser drain normal

Air from all ducts normal (they are all ducted together)

I noticed my auto level is off now too.(i had a hydraulic jack replaced )can be recalibrated..

Heck really your only prob is the vent...!!..lol...and that's easy fix..congrats!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

TxRoadWarrior362

AC cycling could depend on temp setting. If too low, no cycling.
Fender one slide not flush is normal, weird looking, but normal.
Stains from condensate, normal.
Auto level has calibration procedure in manual.
Jack bleeding down, not normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply nfa.

TxRoadWarrior362

Hboy1 and IronJ-

thanks for the information. The middle ac is set on auto and temp is 72. Even at night with cooler temps than 72 it never shut down. I could hear what I thought was the compressor cycle off, but the fan still runs, and yes, it's on auto. The front and rear ac' cycle off until they need to come back on. I don't think that's normal. The fan running all the time is annoying as ----!

The stains from the ac's look like chocolate milk stains that won't come off. Remember this 5er is a 2017 and about a month old. Stains have rolled over the side and look bad. We didn't think to look up during the walk thru, our bad.

The dealer will call soon, I hope, with what they found and what Heartland said. I'll keep everyone posted.

We have a trip scheduled and reserved to Concan over the Thanksgiving break. I'll be an unhappy camper if it's not ready by then, or at least in a state to take it and bring it back.

tim

Rhyph

2016 Road Warrior 420 pulled by a 2014 Ram 3500 @ Cherry Hill in Maryland:

4910899331a53e54000186ca8bd69486.jpg

We are quite the showstopper wherever we go lately, both at Cherry Hill and Fort Wilderness. Everyone going by stopped to look, point, ask questions if we were out. When we packed up to leave, that evening someone came by to show the rig off to someone else; we heard "awe they put it away", as we had closed up the patios and awnings for our morning departure. We haul our smaller smokers with it (big green eggs, traegers, etc), the itty bitty committee (3 shih tzus), our bicycles, sometimes the Mother. :rolleyes:

Night shot from Fort Wilderness:

91f9f4d36d6b1a512d52edc105cfdd84.jpg

Attachments

• e7e19ba5d3be80db977ce7cb0f911fa1.jpg
    e7e19ba5d3be80db977ce7cb0f911fa1.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 44

Nbomar

2014 RW415 and 2015 GMC 3500. Love our RW and even more now that I had the level up installed. So easy to setup now.
2f445ee86a76bcd18cff16e9d81a6443.jpg
791c0c4c5de611a00f3f505a259ff711.jpg
565b3cfd75d55ce0e9b637748a7b1217.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxRoadWarrior362

2016 Road Warrior 420 pulled by a 2014 Ram 3500 @ Cherry Hill in Maryland:

4910899331a53e54000186ca8bd69486.jpg

We are quite the showstopper wherever we go lately, both at Cherry Hill and Fort Wilderness. Everyone going by stopped to look, point, ask questions if we were out. When we packed up to leave, that evening someone came by to show the rig off to someone else; we heard "awe they put it away", as we had closed up the patios and awnings for our morning departure. We haul our smaller smokers with it (big green eggs, traegers, etc), the itty bitty committee (3 shih tzus), our bicycles, sometimes the Mother. :rolleyes:

Night shot from Fort Wilderness:

91f9f4d36d6b1a512d52edc105cfdd84.jpg

Great pics!! I bet you get comments! I want to tour a warrior with the side porch. The light show is awesome! Got any pics of the interior?

- - - Updated - - -

2014 RW415 and 2015 GMC 3500. Love our RW and even more now that I had the level up installed. So easy to setup now.
2f445ee86a76bcd18cff16e9d81a6443.jpg
791c0c4c5de611a00f3f505a259ff711.jpg
565b3cfd75d55ce0e9b637748a7b1217.jpg

ok. I thought all folks from AK slept in tents! Lol. Very nice set up! I like our level up system. I hope we can get it calibrated right and find the reason for the left front leak down over night. The dealer has had since last Wednesday and they just started looking at our punch list yesterday. It would be cool to have a bunch of us Warriors meet up sometime. Maybe even in AK, so you can prove me wrong. Lol

Nbomar

Woops AR. Guess I'm the one in the tent!

Woah! I want to see Alaska one day but not sure I have what it takes to live there. I'm in Arkansas. I've only had my level up installed for a couple months. I went back to goshen and had lippert install themselves at their facility. I wish I could help with your issue. Good luck hope to cross paths one day.

TxRoadWarrior362

Thanks,
Tim

Update on repairs. Heartland approved three new ac units and a roof replacement due to the staining. I'm not real happy with the news since it only a month old. Should I have some concerns with a replacement roof being installed?

Thanks, Tim

IronJ

What??..what caused stains??..that roof is expensive!!

hboy1

I think before the concern I would want an explanation as to what the specific issue is with the original a/c and why the roof needs replaced...

I would just want to know what caused the staining, why the a/c needs replaced, and how the staining effects the roof. What happens if the new a/c (which could be the exact same as OEM) stain the roof again?

I guess I would want to know is this a repair that they were able to get approved, or if this condition is defective and 'needs' replaced.

TxRoadWarrior362

I talked to my dealer and asked if Heartland had an explanation for the staining and repairs. I was told that pictures were sent to the ac manufacture, Domestic USA and without hesitation they authorized three new ac units and the roof replacement. They didn't give an explanation as to why, that will come tomorrow when my dealer, Explore USA pushes for answers. I'll update when I hear more tomorrow.
Tim

Rhyph

Interesting, same thing with that staining happened to our Big Horn. They did nothing for us on it. I'd maybe feel good about having a new roof put on, IF it's being done right by someone super competent. Factory quality/production line roof vs aftermarket replacement and having it done right could win in my book. Of course there's all sorts of caveats you can attach to that stance in either direction. The downtime sucks and prospect of it is scary though.

IronJ

I looked at mine and it has some minimal brown staining....unless its impacting the life/quality of my roof, no way i would think of getting it redone...

Even if dometic covered it, it would not be worth the downtime nor potential other issues on a roof that is 100% leak and tear free....

If memory serves me right, there were stains last year and my detail guy got it all white again??..hes REAL good but i doubt he replaced roof!! Lol..

TxRoadWarrior362

Moving forward with the repairs. Ac units are at the dealer, and the factory roof is in route. No word from Dometic on what leaked out of all three units yet. Explore USA and I had to get Heartland involved with the claim after Dometic declined to pay for the the roof. At first they said yes, then no, because the damage to the roof is consequential damage.

Explore USA has done an excellent job, and pushed to get everything covered. Anthony Roberts from Heartland did us a solid and agreed to pay for the roof and go after Dometic for the cost.

The staining on our roof is severe, and looks like used motor oil that has soaked into the rubber. Not slick, just nasty. Dometic has left Heartland, Explore USA, and me in the dark as to what the staining is so far.

Canceled the Thanksgiving trip to Concan. I miss my 5er!!!

Good news, I received my Snap Pads today! Just need a trailer to put them on. Lol

Any of you Warriors camping over Thanksgiving? I can live vicariously thru you! Send pics

Tim

Rhyph

Good luck and I'd be real meticulous on doing inspections of the roof install as it proceeds, if you can. I'd try to get a look at it immediately after the old roof is off which gives you a chance to see any post-factory install damage. Then, after the new roof is on and sealed but before the appliances are installed, lastly a final inspection before accepting it. I know that's a whole lot, but it would probably go a long ways to knowing and seeing any problem areas before they crop up later, plus satisfying in my mind the job was done right for the long term.

We're going to AWS in Vegas (flying) for work related stuff. We haven't had the beastie out since our last trip to DC/St Augustine/Fort Wilderness, August-September and we're already suffering withdrawal. We go back to Fort Wilderness for 10 days in December.