Willi from Kentucky!

Willi

After several wet camping trips my wife "encouraged" me to buy a camper lol

I only had a 4 cylinder Nissan Frontier so we purchased an R-Pod 2 weeks ago, it was about 15 under our max tow cap so we thought we were good. Taking it home proved that the 4 cyl just wasnt big enough. Traded it in that night for a different truck.
I had to go into our RV dealership to pick up a key and our salesman saw us driving the new truck in. He mentioned that the new truck opened us up to a whole new selection of TT's. Long story short he gave me full money back and sold us a Trail Runner SLE 22 this past Saturday. Very happy in our decision, although somewhat backwards.

We live in Northern Kentucky, have a son in college and we cant wait for our first camping trip this weekend in our new TT.

jbeletti

I only had a 4 cylinder Nissan Frontier so we purchased an R-Pod 2 weeks ago, it was about 15 under our max tow cap so we thought we were good. Taking it home proved that the 4 cyl just wasnt big enough. Traded it in that night for a different truck.
I had to go into our RV dealership to pick up a key and our salesman saw us driving the new truck in. He mentioned that the new truck opened us up to a whole new selection of TT's. Long story short he gave me full money back and sold us a Trail Runner SLE 22 this past Saturday. Very happy in our decision, although somewhat backwards.

We live in Northern Kentucky, have a son in college and we cant wait for our first camping trip this weekend in our new TT.

Welcome Willi! Hey, I'm in the state of Kentucky right now. A bunch of us are in Cave City for the Heartland Owners Club Kentucky Chapter Rally. Went to Mammoth Cave today, plan to tour the Corvette plant and museum later.

Join the club and see what a lot of Heartlander's do :)

Willi

Welcome Willi! Hey, I'm in the state of Kentucky right now. A bunch of us are in Cave City for the Heartland Owners Club Kentucky Chapter Rally. Went to Mammoth Cave today, plan to tour the Corvette plant and museum later.

Join the club and see what a lot of Heartlander's do :)

jb, what is the club ? I thought thats what this was lol

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired

Hey Willi, My name is Ken Hyde and I am the Chapter leader of the Kentucky Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club. Contact me and I will give you all the information. Krhyde1945@gmail

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We had a Trail Runner for 2 1/2 years before we upgraded to our current 5th-wheel!

We loved ours . . . and you will love yours!

As others have said . . . join the owners club and go to some rallies.

You'll have a blast!

olcoon

Congratulations on your purchaces! Sounds like you did this like I do sometimes!!! But looks like you came out on top of things, especially, since you got aq Heartland product!!! Definitely check out club membership, that's when things come full circle, I'm sure you won't regret it. If you can head over to the rally, if just to check things out for the day. There'll be a great group of people there!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congratulations on the R-Pod Willi and Family! Hopefully you will join the Heartland Owners Club and join us a some rallies in the future! They are a blast and you will meet some great like minded people.

Rod

Willi

For20hunter, we owned an RPOD for 4 days and traded it in for a Trail Runner...and so glad we did !!

So we took the TR for the first time this weekend and couldn't be more thrilled. Was amazing waking up dry and warm on a very dewy and cool morning on the Ohio River.

We were able to sleep 8 people (wife and I, 3 adults and 3 kids), not a single tent on our two sites. We would normally have 4-5 tents. We didn't feel crowded and the kids loved the bunk beds.

First time draining, it was a breeze but need to get a coupler and another hose, 10' is just not enough.

Towed fairly well but backing up my side yard hill, through the gates and onto the concrete pad is a pain, felt like my brakes were on...odd.

Wish I it had counter space, the TR has none. Wifey bought a big resin cutting board we put over the stove and also slid it over the sink when needed.

No TV stations at all, missed the game....talked and drank beer instead :)

Love the awning and built in LED lighting !!

Gotta get a spring for the screen door...flies everywhere.

Stereo is so-so...going to replace the balled up antenna with a whip antenna and mount to the outside. Also purchased two marine speakers and will install on the outside. Need to figure out where wall studs are.

Hot water is HOT...need to adjust if there is a thermostat.

Kinda bummed it is going to be the only time we can use it before winterizing...can't wait for Spring.