Window Awnings for Slide Room

Coyote

Has anyone added the window awnings on your two slide windows? Did a search but didn't find any info. My two windows in the main slide are 58 inches wide with slightly 6 inches between them. Wasn't sure if I could find something to fit.

DMitch

I have added the side window awnings. Where we spend the winter the sun beats on those windows pretty hard during the afternoon and they have made a great difference. They are nice also when it is raining you can keep your windows open. Glad I installed them. I have also seen people install a second awning on the slide that covers the entire slide.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes - we have added window awnings on the BC 3250 (see pic). On our new BC 3650, we added a full electric awning on the slide - sorry but I don't have any pictures. Window awning were great but the electric awning is awesome!
Edisto Beach 2010.JPG

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We adding one on ours. It is a Carefree and we got it at THE RALLY in Perry Ga 2 years ago. We love it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for the quick responses. I'll work on find an awning that will work over both windows.
Coyote, We ordered ours through camping world but you may find a better deal elsewhere. The one we purchased through CW came with all the necessary hardware, rivets and instructions for an easy DIY install. I purchased stainless screws to attach the awning rail though. CW had pretty high shipping charges added on.

Attachments

• Ray & Lin.JPG
    Ray & Lin.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 32

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I had my dealer put one on while it was in for service at the end of our first summer season. Great add-on to cut down on the sun load in the afternoon beating into the windows. It also adds a measure of privacy if the trailer next to you is relatively close.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We added a full slide awning to the door side and a window awning to the off door side. Your question seems to be is there enough room between the two windows for two separate awnings. I doubt it with only six inches but it would probably be cheaper to put them under one awnings.
028 (2).jpg010.jpg

Coyote

I did more research with Dometic and the length I need is a 126" and the vinyl is 121 1/2" which is exactly the distance from outside edge to outside edge of my two slide room windows. In that length it only comes with the metal wrap which makes it a little more expensive. In pricing around with the product numbers from dometic it's about $375 for the awning and metal wrap, $95 for the arms and $100 shipping. I checked on Carefree but when they get that long they only come in 1 foot increments so 11 feet is too long and 10 feet to short. Thanks again for the help on this.