winterizing a grand canyon 2012

I currently own a 2012 landmark grand canyon. The directions tell me to drain the water lines at the lowest point before introducing antifreeze to the lines. My problem is I do not see any drain points other than the fresh water holding tank. Could someone please tell me if there are other drain points that I have missed? Thanks in advance...

hoefler

Re: winterizing a grand canton 2012

On our Landmark, the low point drain is the door side outside shower.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Dave, Those directions are fairly generic. Unless your rig is significantly different in the plumbing setup (and I don't think there are any differences), the only drain you have is the Fresh Water Tank drain. I winterize by first blowing all the lines out with compressed air @ 25psi approximately, then use the winterizing system in the UDC to pump RV antifreeze through all the lines (open each cold and hot line until antifreeze is flowing out). It takes 4 gallons to do mine, but that includes one gallon for the washing machine.

thanks Gus thats what I thought. i was reading the directions on the basement door yesterday when i saw they referred to low point drains. My last 5th wheel was a cedar creek and it did have low point drains and it got me thinking. I appreciate the quick response. We have been camping in southern florida and plan to head home in March. Take care...Dave

FordMan1966

I have a Grand Canyon ordered and I enjoy reading these articles. How do you winterize the ice maker in the freezer?

Willym

Check your fridge manual, (one should have come with the trailer) it should give instructions. If you need clarification or help, just ask here.

I have a Grand Canyon ordered and I enjoy reading these articles. How do you winterize the ice maker in the freezer?

hoefler

I installed an in line filter behind the fridge with a shut off valve, the valve that was installed from the factory, is inaccessible way back in the basement under the shower. Besides, the handle broke off the first time I tried to use it. I shut the water off at the filter, remove the filter, with the system pressurized with anti freeze, turn the valve on until it runs anti freeze.