Wipe seal installation do it yourselfer.

rem44

I am currently looking at replacing the wipe seals on my 2017 heartland wilderness 2750RL slide out. trying to sort through all the videos and such. I have found only one place that has a wipe that looks good to me as want to go with a bit better quality seal than the orginal. The ones that have failed are only 4 years old. I have found a good looking seal at (steelrubber.com) anyone had dealings with this seal that they sell looks like a bit heavier than the one that failed.
rem44@grm.net. any input appreciated.
Screenshot 2021-10-26 10.17.43.pngDSC03342.JPG20211025_140638.jpgDSC03339.JPG would like some input. the seals on my unit appear to be press in. the manual that came with the camper does not show the same.

SLO

Seems like I remember Heartland telling me that Steelrubber was their oem seals. I ended up buying AP Products to use something different than oem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyBigHorn

I have a Bighorn 3970 and the wiper seal is cracking in the bedroom slide and I can't see how to replace the wiper it is the " L " shaped one just like rem44 has shown, it's the metal strip holding it that I don't know if it needs to be removed.IMG_3338.jpg

Routemaster

I just got my shipment as in top picture today from steelrubber.
My BigHorn is your slide out in the center of the of the opening? It concerns me that some of mine tearing could be the offset condition I have.
Den.

Last edited:

Routemaster

Is anyone have any tips on installing this wipe as above, I am having a problem getting the underside to shut off on the metal frame also I think the leg length on new is not the same as old one?
Den.

Routemaster

I am having the biggest problem getting in these wipes. This right-hand side of the slide is touching that trim at the bottom and at the top it is so far over, see the size of the hole for the wire. I have the same problem at the left top as well, this slide is a parallelogram. What to do? that new wipe would get wiped out when on the inwards move.
Den.

Attachments

• Hole size.JPG
    Hole size.JPG
    399.7 KB · Views: 45
  • out rt.JPG
    out rt.JPG
    403.1 KB · Views: 45

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe you could notch the wiper in that little area where there is no room between the slide trim and the wall.
At least it wouldn't eat the seal.

Peace
Dave

MyBigHorn

I just got my shipment as in top picture today from steelrubber.
My BigHorn is your slide out in the center of the of the opening? It concerns me that some of mine tearing could be the offset condition I have.
Den.
I have a tear in the middle of the wiper apart from both top and bottom ends.

Routemaster

I am thinking the way Drew-Z repaired his wipe is a better way to go, but I still don't know how to deal with the out of squareness of the room yet.

RoadJunkie

The seal replacement may be the easiest repair I have done on my rig. REM44 is exactly on track with the right angle replacement. The old one just pulls out of a channel and your slip and press the new on in it's place. Use 3M rubber adhesive to reattach the cable seal.

Routemaster

I got the wipe in and there is absolutely no clearance for the flip.

Attachments

• Bottom right.JPG
    Bottom right.JPG
    367.5 KB · Views: 49

carl.swoyer

Are you saying the slide box is out of square or are the slide cables causing the Box to come out Cock-eyed.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Routemaster

Yes Help, the slide does move in and out ok. The side walls lean to the left by a 1.00" over the 72" inside, also from the Bal frame edge has an offset measurement of on left 2 1/2' and 1 3/4' on the right looking from the outside wall at the floor line moulding strip. at the top the moulding strip is scraping paint off. I am not sure how to fix. Looks to me that that headboard wall was cut wrong and assembled like a pushed over box. Make sense?
Thanks. Den.

carl.swoyer

Yes Help, the slide does move in and out ok. The side walls lean to the left by a 1.00" over the 72" inside, also from the Bal frame edge has an offset measurement of on left 2 1/2' and 1 3/4' on the right looking from the outside wall at the floor line moulding strip. at the top the moulding strip is scraping paint off. I am not sure how to fix. Looks to me that that headboard wall was cut wrong and assembled like a pushed over box. Make sense?
Thanks. Den.
Maybe some more pictures

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Routemaster

Does this help?
One can see the BAL Accu frame behind the facia looks plumb. I used the "D" rail outside as a datum that is plumb.
See top left wipe squashed same as bottom right. side table up gap is smaller as I could not reach floor. Inside bottom left wipe tore up.
I am thinking about taking the facia and back up plate off and see if there a I can cheat to make it better, I have thoughts of perhaps shimming up the roller if or possible or a strip under the floor outside decreasing in size to create a taper and enlarging the space on the righthand wall?
By the way this slide has been so drafty.
What any of reckon?
Den.

Attachments

• Bot 4.812.JPG
    Bot 4.812.JPG
    339.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Whats with the hole.JPG
    Whats with the hole.JPG
    398.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Top 5.687.JPG
    Top 5.687.JPG
    359.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Side table up.JPG
    Side table up.JPG
    434 KB · Views: 33
  • Level.JPG
    Level.JPG
    495.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Lean lt top.JPG
    Lean lt top.JPG
    449.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Inside bottom Left.JPG
    Inside bottom Left.JPG
    457.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1187.JPG
    IMG_1187.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 35

Routemaster

So how do I square up this box please? My inside wipes are all torn up as well as seen in bottom left corner.
Den.

Attachments

• Scan_0006.jpg
    Scan_0006.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 33

lynndiwagoner

I don't have that slide system, but on my hydraulic slides I can use the bolts underneath to make adjustments. Surely it's sliding out on some kind of rails? Do the rails have big bolts on them to adjust things with? If it's mounted on sliding rails maybe you can shim it up somehow. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but I would think there has to be a way to adjust the thing from the bottom. Go underneath when it's slid out and look around. Good luck to you.

Roller4tan

Is this the bed slide? If so, I would remove the mattress and top wood platform and check in there for anything out of place or broken. The rollers should be visible from the outside bottom behind the flapper seal.