Woo Hoo, Sold it!!! / Woo Hoo Buying it!!!

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Sold our North Trail tt today!!!!
Had it on craigs list for 2 weeks and RV Trader for 2 weeks. Had one lookee loo and one scammer off RV Trader, 3 scammers and one buyer off of craigslist.
Waiting for our new 2014 Bighorn 3570rs to be built. Picking it up on June 18th and driving it straight to the rally the same day in Goshen.
Woo Hoo, we are two happy campers!:cool:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats, Bret!! Sorry you had to deal with scammers. Ruins it for legit folks wanting to find a way to get the word out to real potential buyers. Glad it's sold!!! Can't wait to see the new one. Gotta live vicariously through someone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Alright... Hurry up and meet up with us so we can see the new rig.. Now you will have to hit the road more often... When you selling the house???

BC

Kbvols

When you say scammers what did they do? Courious as I have a boat I am going put on CL. Congrats on selling NT.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Alright... Hurry up and meet up with us so we can see the new rig.. Now you will have to hit the road more often... When you selling the house???

BC

Bob... For sale sign goes in the yard Tuesday. Relaxing this week-end (sort of / sister and bil visiting). See you in Goshen.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
When you say scammers what did they do? Courious as I have a boat I am going put on CL. Congrats on selling NT.

Keith & Kim.. They are pretty obvious, they will buy sight unseen (all they need is your pay pal acccount id and personal info. so they can pay you quickly),
Their shipping agent will pick it up and don't worry about taxes the shipping agent will take care of. One said they needed more pictures and personal info., since they are all ready to drive from Florida to Texas just to look at it, etc. etc. I take cash only & check it with a counterfeit pen. I also made sure to make the transaction at the courthouse and accompanied them during the transfer of title and payment of taxes (local buyer obviously). There are plenty of legit buyers if you have it priced fairly, don't get in a hurry or greedy (if it's too good to be true, well you know).

Kbvols

Keith & Kim.. They are pretty obvious, they will buy sight unseen (all they need is your pay pal acccount id and personal info. so they can pay you quickly),
Their shipping agent will pick it up and don't worry about taxes the shipping agent will take care of. One said they needed more pictures and personal info., since they are all ready to drive from Florida to Texas just to look at it, etc. etc. I take cash only & check it with a counterfeit pen. I also made sure to make the transaction at the courthouse and accompanied them during the transfer of title and payment of taxes (local buyer obviously). There are plenty of legit buyers if you have it priced fairly, don't get in a hurry or greedy (if it's too good to be true, well you know).

Awesome thanks for the info. I really appreciate.
Keith

pegmikef

Other things I have run into are folks who are willing to actually pay more than the asking price because they want you to "hold" it until their agent can pick up . . . and as Bret said, this is sight unseen. In addition to pay pal information, I have had a couple of them request bank information so "their girl" can cut a check and transfer it into your account. To me they are blatantly obvious. And this isn't just on big ticket items. I have had it happen on small appliances, yard tools, and once on a lawn mower and a couple of other things. When I tell them cash only, they magically disappear.

Kbvols

Other things I have run into are folks who are willing to actually pay more than the asking price because they want you to "hold" it until their agent can pick up . . . and as Bret said, this is sight unseen. In addition to pay pal information, I have had a couple of them request bank information so "their girl" can cut a check and transfer it into your account. To me they are blatantly obvious. And this isn't just on big ticket items. I have had it happen on small appliances, yard tools, and once on a lawn mower and a couple of other things. When I tell them cash only, they magically disappear.

Peg and Mike,

Thank you for the great info. I was planning on doing the cash only. My wife works at a bank and tells me almost daily of fraudulent checks and just issues in general with checks. It's kind of sad that you have to be so cautious these days.
keith

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bret, Congratulations.
We will have to see it another time, as we realized the Goshen trip was going to cost us about $5K that we didn't want to shell out, so we had to cancel.
Have fun and travel safe. Trace

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Bret, Congratulations.
We will have to see it another time, as we realized the Goshen trip was going to cost us about $5K that we didn't want to shell out, so we had to cancel.
Have fun and travel safe. Trace

Trace... Once the house sells, we will be fulltime and heading West (SouthWest for the winter) hope to bump into you and pick up some tips.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bret,
Okay, have fun in Goshen. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2