Worried about fresh water tanks freezing!!!

Colree23

We have a Torque 325 and we dirt bike race and always have to dry camp. This weekend the temps are going to in to the 20's! Should this be a concern and what can I do to prevent this?

danemayer

Hi Colree23,

Depends on how cold it gets, whether you have a sealed and heated underbelly, and whether you have heated water tanks/Yeti Package.

If you do have a sealed and heated underbelly, another consideration is power. Running the furnace in cold weather puts quite a load on the battery. If you have a generator to recharge, you might get through the weekend. If not, you might run out of power before the weekend is over.

You might want to take a look at our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide.

HappyKayakers

Lots of variables here that we still don't know. There's a big difference between dropping to 21 for 10 hours and dropping to 29 for 2 hours. For the former, I would definitely want the furnace running. For the latter, I would just get up early and run some water. Don't forget to leave cabinet door open under the sinks.As Danemayer pointed out, a generator (and plenty of propane) should relieve your worries.