Ordered a new truck today - 2012 Ford F450 with Hauler Bed

jbeletti

Pulled the trigger on a new tow vehicle today. Ordering via Classy Chassis, a 2012 Ford F450 with a hauler bed and a few other goodies.

Should have it in a couple months. Pretty exciting.

Looked hard at the Chevy 3500 too. Both great choices.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
So no Freightliner eh Jim?:) I think the F450 is a good choice. Probably a bit softer on the ride than the 550. Maybe less $$$ for plates, insurance etc.

jbeletti

Thanks Ray. I agree with you on all counts.

When I bought my current truck (2007 Ford F550 with Hauler Bed), I did not order the chassis, it was already on-site at the upfitter (Chariot). It had the XLT package. Nice truck and the upfitter added goodies and I added even more. The new truck though is being ordered just how I want it. Lariat Ultimate package. Really nice features. I'm sure we'll be really comfortable in it for all the miles we pull an RV around North America.

Jim

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Jim, You will not be disappointed with F-450. We love ours and as much time as you spend on the phone you will really appreciate the sync feature.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
So no Freightliner eh Jim?:) I think the F450 is a good choice. Probably a bit softer on the ride than the 550. Maybe less $$$ for plates, insurance etc.

I thought the Freightliner I sent him would have been a good choice. He could have added ALL Wheel Drive on the steer axle and maybe a little custom paint to match the LM...

jnbhobe

All right Jim !! You will like all the features the new Ford has to offer, we love ours lots of smooth power.

JJOren

Congratulations on the new Truck Jim! Understand you're headed our way for the Gulf Shores Rally at the end of April. Looking forward to meeting you and just maybe, seeing that F-450 then!!

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Hey Jim Congrats. I love my 2012 Lariat F350 you'll should enjoy yours especially with the Classy Chassis extras. The Laariat Ultimate package is great and the SYNC is even better. Good Luck can't wait to park your Beast next to my Beast.

gschaaf

Congrats Jim on the new ride. If you're gone be at gulf shores in april I'll get a chance to see it me and Fran are headed that way.

loafer

Jim congrats on the new rig.looking forward to see it in June at Gillette. You will have it broken in by then.

Bill

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Congrats on the new truck! Now just watch out for old smokey, you won't realize just how fast they go

tom

ihsolutions

Congrats, Jim! I pick up my new 2012 Chevy 3500DRW from Classy Chassis on February 13. Those guys are great. The local dealer they had me use, Smith Chevrolet, found me a bank with 2.15% financing for 72 months. I had no plans to finance it, but heck, at that rate you almost HAVE to borrow the money.

I really like the hauler beds, but still occasionally use my truck for other things around the house so I'm stuck with the standard bed.

Jeff

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
I was so hopes that you would step up in the world and purchase a Chevy. That way you could keep it longer. Good luck in your ventures, Jim and keep up the good work that you are doing for Heartland.