Ordered a new truck today - 2012 Ford F450 with Hauler Bed

porthole

Retired
Thanks everyone!

Duane - no air ride. AirLift springs only, for releveling.

Was looking forward to taking a ride in your air ride truck!

What do they use for the air control? The AirLift wireless control is a bit pricey but a great way to control the bags.

I haven't decided yet, but there will be either bags or the Firestone kit on my truck, hopefully by the time the season starts.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Jim B im just curious, did you order a F450 cab and chasis or is classy chasis taking an F450 truck apart for you?

jbeletti

Wesley, CC is ordering me a standard F450 truck with bed. They will reuse several items from that bed, on the new hauler bed.

Jim

Vtxkid

Glad to see you finally decided to get the new truck... Can't beat the Classy Chassis upgrades, we have enjoyed ours alot! Congrads Jim!!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just curious ... what do they do with the bed they remove? Just thinking maybe you could sell it on ebay.

porthole

Retired
Just curious ... what do they do with the bed they remove? Just thinking maybe you could sell it on ebay.

While in Goshen I was interested in the conversion for our truck right up until I mentioned that I would drive the truck out without the bed, figuring I could sell it locally.

Was told - oh no, that price included CC keeping the bed.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
While in Goshen I was interested in the conversion for our truck right up until I mentioned that I would drive the truck out without the bed, figuring I could sell it locally.

Was told - oh no, that price included CC keeping the bed.

New Bed "take offs" fetch a nice price in our area. My brother-in-law works at a tire shop and the factory "take off" rims and tires go for an incredible $$.

By the way Jim B. What color???

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
I ordered a 2012 dodge Laramie Quad cab for a new service truck. I am going to have a service body and lift gate installed on the truck.
I am going to receive more money for the pickup bed from the bed dealer than I would have saved by ordering just a chassis.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

jbeletti

CC has someone that pays a decent amount for the truck beds. Probably also the running boards. I know they do remove and reuse on the hauler beds, the backup sensors, the backup camera and maybe a couple other things. They do bake into the hauler bed pricing, the value they'll receive for the take-offs. Still, it's an expensive proposition and one must really want a hauler bed. Having used mine 52 months, I LOVE having the hauler bed.

Jim

merlinb

Retired
Jim, was there a particular reason(s) why you chose the CC hauler bed this time rather than the Chariot, or did you just come across a deal that was too good to turn down? I had the opportunity to have a detailed tour of the Chariot plant several years ago and I was very impressed with their stuff. I have not had a close look at the CC. Just curious, thanks.

jbeletti

Merlin,

To my knowledge, Chariot is no longer doing trucks. That plant seems to be moth balled (the one up on the hill at the end of Paul Drive). Last I knew, they were still building a handful of Super C motorhomes.

Jim

On edit: Their website is still online and shows haulers. Maybe they are doing them in the Super C plant where their headquarters is.

merlinb

Retired
Thanks, Jim. I have not been in Elkhart in several years so I was not aware they had closed down. I suppose the recession has affected them just as it has some of the RV makers. That's too bad because they built some really nice stuff.