12 volt electrical system

j4key1

Need assistance....Have Bighorn 3400RL, been idle for the summer, been plugged in to 120 volt AC all three months, when I unplugged I have NO 12 electrical system, even when plugged to the truck. Is there a switch or circuit breaker? I've checked all the basics but nothing happens. No 12 volt lights anywhere. Anyone steer me in the right direction...Thanks

:confused:

beardedone

Beardedone
Check the water level in your batteries first and see if they boiled dry while you were hooked up to a/c. Also check to see if you have a battery disconnect switch on your unit and if so, is it switched on.

j4key1

12 volt

Thanks for a response Gerry & Rose,
Checked the battery, fine. My brother-in-law has a Landmark and has a battery disconnect switch, but the Bighorn, if I have one, have not been able to find it. Completely baffled.
Jerry

jnbhobe

Check for a bad fuse or circut breaker in the battery compartment. Also do you have 12v supply at the truck? But that sould not effect the lights if you have battery power.Ues a 12v probe and follow the power from the battery.

j4key1

12 volt system

Could not find fuse or circuit breaker in the battery compartment. Even if I connect to the truck, I still have nothing...Will check with 12 volt probe, Thanks for the input. Appreciated all that have tried to help.
Jerry

jnbhobe

Jerry, follow the 12v + battery cable there sould be a fuse or more likely a circut breaker in the right side battery compartment.tThe breaker may even be resetable. I don't have my 5er at home right now or I could look to tell you for sure. Good luck, Jon.:confused:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check the voltage on the battery first. See if your battery is charged or it may have gone dead. If you have voltage on the battery then go to the 12 volt fuse box and see if you are getting power to the fuse box. If not you have an open circuit between the battery and the fuse box. If you have power at the fuse box then you have either a blown fuse or an open circuit elsewhere.