Slide Out Coming Out While Driving!!!

jamesrockwall

BigHorn Owner
My husband was recently driving down the road with our Bighorn 3640RL when he noticed in his side mirror that the top of the living room entertainment slide was angled outward. :eek: When he stopped, the slide was back in place however one of the ceiling fan blades was broken. We haven't taken it in to the dealer for service yet because we are concerned about driving it down the road and the slide falling out of place again. Is this common and how do we go about having it repaired?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It certainly isn't normal but I have no idea why it would do what you described. In order to travel I would suggest cutting a couple of 2X4's to fit snuggly on top of the slide out between the wall and the slide out frame. You may want to tape them to the roof of the slide to keep them from moving around. This should get you to your dealer.

davebennington

As understand the system the only way for the slide to move in or out by itself lies in 2 areas. Leaking fluid in the valve, or bad internal rings in the cylinder for the slide letting fluid seep past. I had just the opposite problem my slide would slowing creep in after sitting for a while (bad rings in the cylinder).

Dave