Aluminum Steps

JamesnCat

I'm buying a 2015 Bighorn 3875FB and was told bt service department that the aluminum steps that stow into doorway won't fit my 5er because of a flang in the doorway. Is this true to just the model I have? I would think most Bighorns doorways are the same, does anyone here have them installed and what brand did you use? . Thanks to all in advance.

jbeletti

If the upper deck stairway comes into the doorway, that’s a no go. If by “flange”, the Dealer means the threshold, that shouldn’t be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I'm buying a 2015 Bighorn 3875FB and was told bt service department that the aluminum steps that stow into doorway won't fit my 5er because of a flang in the doorway. Is this true to just the model I have? I would think most Bighorns doorways are the same, does anyone here have them installed and what brand did you use? . Thanks to all in advance.

When we bought our rig we asked about those steps and were told no by the dealer. I am not sure why they wont fit, we really like them.

justafordguy

I put the Morride "step above" steps on my Gateway. Took less that 15 minutes to install. They are the more stable rv steps I've seen yet. We love them.

2017-07-13 17.41.00.jpg

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Here's another vote for the Glowstep Revolution stairs. We've used them for about a year now on two different Landmarks and love them.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Glowstep will work on most any, you just have to measure. They easily replace your current steps and stow in the same location. Adjust to any terrain, and landing gear make them extremely stable. No more bouncing the rig when going up and down the steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Mark, does that step stow up into doorway. Is your opening 30”?

The GlowStep is installed where your current OEM steps now reside. Remove the OEM and install the GlowSteps. Take measurements of the current step width and the height to the ground and then order. They come in three and four step versions. To see which part number to order look at this web page and scroll down to measurement and them down to the step part number the fits the measurement. Tweeties, PPL Mororhoms, etrailer, and others sell them. If spacers are needed for mounting, they sell them as well. I didn't know that I would need them. When I installed the steps and found that I needed the spacers. I used aluminum bar stock that I had on hand and a step drill to make the spacer. Took about 15 minuets to set up the drill press, cut the bar stock to length, mark the hole locations, and drill out. The steps are an easy to do project to install.

justafordguy

I'm going to show this to the DW but how did you get the steps on the rear bathroom? I thought that door was too small.

You're right, they don't make one narrow enough for the rear door so I had to modify it. I took it apart, cut it to fit, and welded/riveted it back together. Worked like a charm and you can't even tell it was modified. ;)

2017-07-13 17.41.15.jpg

Essy

How did you make out on your step install?

I had a set of Glowstep Revolution steps installed yesterday on our 2016 Bighorn 3875FB! No problem! Took our dealer 25 minutes to install! I love the flexability of the steps!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I put the GlowSteps on my Prowler last year all by myself.

Took me about an hour or so to figure it out, and less than a half hour to install!

2 screwdrivers and 2 socket wrenches were the only tools needed!

And maybe five or six swear words instead of the usual 20 or 30! :p

In the 3rd shot you can see what the screwdrivers were used for.

ProwlerGlowStep1Old-P3160576.jpg ProwlerGlowStep2-P3160579.jpg

ProwlerGlowStep3-P3160582.jpg ProwlerGlowStep4-P3160584.jpg

ProwlerGlowStep5-P3160596.jpg ProwlerGlowStep6-P3160590.jpg

ProwlerGlowStep7-P3160624.jpg ProwlerGlowStep8-P3200628.jpg

Mark-Roberta 051995

Very nice indeed. Now, were those phillip or straight edge screwdrivers (insert sarcasm). Did you happen to scuff down the rust once you removed the old steps and then repaint?

We are going to look at these when we hit the rally at the end of the month in TN. with folks that have them installed. I want to wait for the "zero" gravity MorRyde steps to become available to the public but it may be next year.

Anyways - thanks for sharing.

Mark

avvidclif

When I change I'm going with the Glow Step. Main reason is they are not in the way of the door. We are always putting last minute items or an ice chest in the door to be put up when we stop. Can't do that with that step in the way. I can open the door without putting out the steps for access to the RV.

My 2 cents worth.