plug Bighorn 3055RL into 30 amp?

wyleyrabbit

Hi,

We are close to buying a Bighorn 3055RL. Have a quick question though...

I believe the unit has support for 50 amp power, but does it also have support for 30 amp then? Is it the same cord and plug?

Thanks,
Chris

jbeletti

wyley,

Welcome to the forum and best of luck on your purchase of a Heartland Bighorn. Hope you join our family.

Yes, the BH comes with 50 amp service and a 50 amp shore cord. And yes, you can use that service and cord to connect to 30 amp park power by using an adapter.

Here it is:
24497.jpg

Jim

Chuck Richard

Hi, Do not know if it was Heartland or the dealer but mine came with the adaptor Jim shows and another one for a 15 amp connection. I cam in a few spots that only have 15/20 amp service and as long as I only run the microwave or A/C separate I have had no problems.

wyleyrabbit

Thanks! That is exactly the information I was after.

I'm also glad that Heartland has made this great forum available so that information can be so easily exchanged.

Cheers
Chris

Clark

When operating from 30A just be careful what appliances you use. I could not use my electric W/H and the A/C at the same time in one campground. Might have been the campground power, but if I hook up to 30A power now I just use the propane on the water heater.
Clark

wyleyrabbit

When operating from 30A just be careful what appliances you use. I could not use my electric W/H and the A/C at the same time in one campground. Might have been the campground power, but if I hook up to 30A power now I just use the propane on the water heater.
Clark

What happened when you tried? Did you flip a breaker in your rig, or at the campground power source?