PDA

View Full Version : Houston Fall 2009 rally

jayc
04-07-2009, 04:34 PM
The Heartland Fall rally will again be held at the Rayford Crossing RV Resort. This is the nicest park in Houston and the State of Texas. It is one of two, 10-10-10 parks in the United States. Everyone that has attended one of our previous rallies at this park has raved about it.

The rally will be a 4-day event to be held on Thursday October 15th thru Sunday October 18th, 2009. Rally activities are to be announced near the time of the rally.

The sign-up procedures are changing slightly. Guests are now asked to contact the park directly, either by telephone at
281 298-8008 or by email at rayfordcrossing@sbcglobal.net (rayfordcrossing@sbcglobal.net)

When contacting the park, please be sure to mention that you are coming to the Heartland rally and then contact me by posting your message on this forum or by sending me a PM or email. This way, there will not be any confusion of who is coming and which site they will be in.

The rally rates will be determined at a later date and can be extended two days prior to the rally and two days after the rally ends.

We have reserved most of the front section of the park, 41 sites, but remember we had 39 at our last rally.

1. Jay and Stella Coffman #74
3. Bill and Ornell Sims #95
4. Bob and Pat Curry #77
5. Berry and Janet Sanders #54
6. Ricky and Dee Cobb #97
7. Tom and Marti Mangum #57
8. Jerry and Diane Talley #82
9. Jim and Sheila Gratz #81
10. Bob and Christina Seaman #37
11. Billy and Anna Holt #99
12. Jaime Gallegos #52
14. Don and Bonnie McGee-SOB and Billy Holt's uncle #78
15. Tom and Judy Atkinson #80
16. Charlie Harris #79
17. David and Susan Gondron #
18. Tommy and Jackie Sims #96
20. Kevin and Susan Rutledge #100
21. Randy and Jan Wheiles #75
22. Bob and Sue Lawson #58
23. Buddy and Maureen Riddle #101
24. Dick and Gayle Savoie #102
25. Ruth Fauss and Charles Bland
26. Joe Grundmeyer

KENNY COCHRAN
04-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Jay - great job doing the spring rally. We really had a good time. Just did not get to meet everybody there. Too much shopping on our list. Remind me a month before the fall rally and i will see if i can get you some door prizes.

We have a home football game that weekend and will have to miss the fall rally.

Ps - change your signature to the new fall rally!
Kenny

jayc
04-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Kenny,
It was nice to meet you and we are sorry you will have to miss the fall rally.

I got the sig changed and thanks for reminding me.

TXBobcat
04-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Hay Kenny..
I know what the problem is.. going to the ball game then driving from New Jersey. :rolleyes:

Was nice to meet you.. We will hang a string of beads on the site so you won't be forgotten..:D

BC

djmeisel
04-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks for including us last weekend, Jay. We signed up for October, but don't know yet whether we will be arriving on Thursday or on Friday...will advise you and the park by 8 Oct.

Don and Judy Meisel

jayc
04-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Great Don, you're the first to sign up! I'm planning to line up some seminars for full timers on Friday and for everyone on Saturday.

osims
04-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Jay
Please sign us up for the fall rally, we haven't missed one yet .
Bill

TXBobcat
04-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Well I guess that you guys will have to put up with us again..
We have made a reservation for the Oct Rally.
We have requested site #77, arrive Oct 12 and leave on Oct. 19.

We will be looking forward to seein you all again.

BC

Edd and Janet
04-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Count Berry and I in for the Fall Rally at Rayford's Crossing. I've already signed up.

jayc
04-19-2009, 10:58 AM
I've finally found the time to make a post here letting everyone know that I've added their names. I've been so busy at the rally and now that I've been on the streaming video, I've got to spend some time doing my makeup before going back over there LOL.

I also added Ricky and Dee Cobb, who used to live at the park.

I'm working on some speakers for this rally. I was thinking about two (one for the guys and one for the girls) for Friday, mostly aimed at full timers, or full time wanta-be's and then another visit from Alex from the 3-G store to help all of us out with our Internet connections on Saturday. If anyone has an idea or a suggestion, please let me know.

KENNY COCHRAN
04-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Hey jay - aren't you the one that was between 2 prevosts at rayford. Guess what, we were at buckhorn lake resort in kerrville, tx., this past week. They are having a prevost rally there. They will have 49 of those there. Talk about some awesome rigs. The paint job on the one next to me must have cost more than my bighorn and truck combined. Wife asked if i was going to lock the door when we took a walk to gawk at some of them one day, i told her to leave the door open, i don't think i had anything the prevost people would want!
Also i would rate buckhorn lake resort as the best park we have ever stayed in. Makes the #1 rayford crossing park look really 2nd rate. This place is really great. Kenny

jimtoo
04-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Kenny,

I really have to agree with you on the rating of Buckhorn Lake RV Resort. They are above #1 if that is possible. Rayford Crossing is very nice, but the sites are not level and overall is just not as good as Buckhorn Lake. We have been holding the Kerrville Sweetheart Rally there for 7 years now and you cannot beat the room that is avaliable for use and service if you want a catered meal or just the use of the cooking area.

I am not putting Rayford Crossing down... but I think Buckhorn Lake RV is tops.

Jim M

jbeletti
04-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Been to both places this year with my RV (Jim's RV/net rally and Jay's Spring Heartland Rally). Each resort has it's own charm. Loved them both.

Jim

jayc
04-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Kenny, you may be thinking about Tom, who was parked between the Prevosts in October after our rally (a rose among thorns). The week after our rally, they had 55 Prevosts in the park.

I agree that Buckhorn is a very nice park. We've been there several times, although we've never had their catered meals. We are planning to come to the Sweetheart Rally next year, and will be more careful where we buy our fuel before we go.

TomMar
04-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Jay;
Please go ahead and sign Marti and Me up for the Fall Rally. We will be coming back from Eureka Springs Arkansas that week so we will not get to Rayford until Friday. Do we need to go ahead and contact Gwen to get our spot reserved? Looking foward to another great rally.

Tom & Marti:):cool:

jayc
04-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Tom,
I'll add you and Marti to the list. Please do contact the park to make your reservations.

talley
05-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Jay, please sign Jerry and Diane Talley for the Fall Rally. We will be in;

Site #82 arriving on Wednesday October 14 ...out on Monday. Already contacted Rayford Crossing.

You are doing a great job, thank you for your efforts.:):)

Jerry

jmgratz
05-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Jay,
Please put Sheila and I on the list too. We are arriving on Oct 14th and leaving on the 19th. We have reserved site 81 with Rayford Crossing. See you in Goshen

jayc
05-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Jerry and Diane & Jim and Sheila, I got you down.

We're gonna have another blast!

talley
05-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Jay... FYI, the Houston fall rally is not shown on the Forum Portal page where all other rallys are listed. Just thought it might be an oversight. Everybody is busy!!!:):)

Jerry

jbeletti
05-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Taken care of. Thanks Jerry.

Jim

jayc
05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Jerry-thanks for noticing. Jim-thanks for fixing the problem.

jayc
06-09-2009, 07:27 AM
I signed Bob and Christina Seaman up here at the Goshen rally. It was good to see them again and it will be even better to get them back to Texas for our rally.

Bad News: Gene Robyler has left Camping World, so we are on our own for the meals. I am planning to work on some sponsorship from the Houston dealers to furnish some of the food.

osims
07-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Jay
Please sign up Tommy and Jackie Sims for the rally. This is our son and daughter in law , they will be coming to there first rally with there Northtrail. I will call Rayford this week for resv. , Ornell is trying to get the whole week off and should find out in the next couple of days. We are looking forward to another outstanding rally.
Bill

jayc
07-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Bill,
I'll be glad to add Tommy and Jackie to the list. We're looking forward to another good time at Rayford.

We're planning to arrive on October 8th and will stay all month.

I've been talking to EVDO Alex to get him to come down and give another seminar on Internet on the road for us. Its still kind of up in the air, but I'm hopeful it will work out.

jmgratz
07-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Jay, Lone Star RV is a Heartland Dealer now. They are on I45 just north of AirTex. Maybe they would like to get involved with our Rally.

jayc
07-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Actually Jim Lone Star RV donated a nice recliner to the April rally and I expect them to help out with this one too.

There are two other new dealers in Houston, Terry Vaughn and Ron Hoover. I hope to get both of them to help out. I'm already working with Joe French from Camping World. I can't say right now what we've talked about them doing, but everyone will like it.

goodtruck
07-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Jay please sign up kevin and susan it will be our first Rally and are looking forward to it.We contacted the park 2 wks ago.Can't wait to meet everyone.

jayc
07-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Kevin,
I added you and Susan to the list. It will be good to meet you in October.

BobSue
08-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi Jay,

Sue and I will be at the October rally in Spring.

Looking forward to another relaxing weekend. Coming in on Friday.

It has got to be cooler than it was up at Lake Livingston!!!:eek:

See you then.

hcriddle
08-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Jay

Would you please add Maureen and me to the Houston Rally list. We are new to the Heartland family and looking forward to meeting and learning from all the great people I have been reading about on the different forums.

I will be contacting the park tomorrow to make our reservations.

jayc
08-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Bob,
It was good to see you at Livingston. I'll add you and Sue to the list.

Oh no, another retired cop!! Buddy and Maureen, I'll be glad to add you to the list.
Welcome to the Heartland family.

jayc
08-13-2009, 08:11 PM
There have been several people that have signed up for the rally and have been added to the list. We still have plenty of sites left, so come on down.

I have been in contact with EVDO Alex and have learned that he will not be coming for the weekend due to not having a cabin for him to stay in. I tried to sell him on the idea of the company buying him an RV, specifically a Heartland but I don't think thats going to happen. He did say that he may be able to drive over for the day depending on his family committments.

TXBobcat
09-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Jay
To update your info.. We have reservations at Rayford Crossing starting on Oct 5th and will move to our site #77 on Oct. 12th. We still plan to leave on Monday Oct. 19th for Livingston.

Look forward to seeing you all this October..

BC

jayc
09-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Bob,
We'll be into Rayford on October 8th in site #61 and will move into our rally site on the 13th.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

jayc
09-06-2009, 11:09 AM
We've had a couple of cancellations, Don Meisel had to cancel due to a conflict of scheduling and James Arthur got transferred to England by his job. We've still got plenty of spaces left, so come on down and have a good time with us.

RhondaandDoug
09-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi, Jayc,
Just wondering what goes on in a rally. Also, does one miss too much if arriving Fri nite & leaving Sun AM?
Thanks.

jayc
09-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Rhonda and Doug, no you won't miss a thing except some of us sitting around and visiting. Come on down!

TXBobcat
09-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Breakfast Friday Morning... Site#77..

Chef Bobcat

jayc
09-13-2009, 07:23 AM
You got it Bob, we'll be there!

Bob makes the best breakfast tacos for those that don't know, so if you can make it, they're great.

Thanks Bob

Tom of Ypsi
09-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Bob

Do to health reasons we may have to take a rain check on the breakfast and the rally until we can make it down to the "Valley". Maybe we can have a breakfast then, here's hoping.

jayc
09-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Tom,
I do not want to remove you and Judy from the rally list until the last minute. I'm sure that you will make it if you can so I'm giving you every chance to make it. See you soon.

Tom of Ypsi
09-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Jay,

Thank you. We are hoping we can make it. We have had fun and met some great people at every Texas rally.

For all of you debating on going to this rally sign up soon you will not regret it. Jay (wagonmaster) and Stella ( the boss) have a great rally twice a year. and the park, Rayford Crossing, is a 10 10 10 park.

jayc
09-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Tom, you're welcome. You and Judy have been to all of our rallies so far, so I'm gonna give you every chance to make it this year.

We are going to have to cut the registration off at some point. I will keep it open until the 1st of October, and then have to turn any open sites back to the park.

We still have plenty of time and plenty of spaces left, so come on down to Houston for a good time with friends.

TXBobcat
09-15-2009, 11:42 AM
:eek:Jay.. Sorry to disappoint you.:mad:.. I am not making Tacos.:confused:... Sorry

Just Breakfast burritos.:cool:.. There is a difference.. You need both hands..:D.

BC

osims
09-16-2009, 11:27 AM
We will arrive on 10-9 and stay till 10-19. Decided to make it a 10 day rally for us.
Bill

jayc
09-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Bob, I'm sorry I misspoke about your breakfast treats and know how good they are. I remember them from Goshen and can't wait to have more.

Bill, we're glad that you and Ornell will be able to make it this long.

Those not signed up are going to miss a good time with Bob's delicious breakfast and the great times we'll have at Rayford Crossing.

TXBobcat
09-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Question... With all the controversy about Camping World, will they be at the rally like they were before. If so I will contact Joe French to have some parts delivered. If not I need to know about someone else…

BC

jayc
09-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Bob
Camping World will not be a part of this rally, so if you need some parts, there are other Heartland dealers in Houston that you may want to contact. Lone Star RV is a dealer that carries the Bighorn and is near the park.

jayc
09-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Thursday 10-15
Breakfast:TxBobCat has offered to make breakfast burritos
for us

Rest of day on our own

Friday night: since many will be arriving on Friday, supper will be on our own with campfire chat at my site #74

Saturday: breakfast at the park ($3.00 per person for pancakes and bacon/sausage)

Saturday afternoon: roundtable discussion of our rigs.

Saturday night potluck: everyone bring a dish to share
Campfire after potluck at my site

jmgratz
09-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Hey Jay,
I met a Ciff and Cindy McFarland (06 Landmark owners) here at Thousand Trails in Willis (Lake Conroe) yesterday. There were unaware of the Rally or the forum. I informed them about both and they may try to attend. Just wanted to give you a heads up if you hear from them. They also said their son owns a Sundance. We are still going to try and attend.

kakampers
09-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Ok...well we weren't sure we could make it...but we managed to work it into our schedule on the way back to the valley...Yippeee!!

Jay, put us down for site #56 coming in on the 13th!!!:D:D

See Ya'll then...

jayc
09-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Jim, I'm glad to hear that you're planning to make it and I'm glad you're still out there meeting people and inviting them to come. I met another Bighorn 3370 owner here in the park where we are but they've been gone much of the time since they arrived and I haven't had a chance to give them a Heartland card yet.

Ken and Kathy, we'll see you on the 13th! I'm trying to talk the CFO that I need the Level Up system.

Terry H
09-17-2009, 11:23 PM
"I'm trying to talk the CFO that I need the Level Up system."

How about a Level Up Demo for Saturday afternoon at the Rally with the group and especially CFO in attendance!

Sounds like a good plan to me..... :confused::rolleyes::)

kakampers
09-18-2009, 06:37 AM
Terry...it's on your "new" rig....when do you get that??:)

Tom of Ypsi
09-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Terry, Like Kathy said it is on your new rig. Maybe Jim can contact Trailair to see if they can retrofit it for the remote. I am pretty sure they can do that, just needs a little different wiring.

jfrench
09-18-2009, 11:00 AM
:( im am sad that I will miss this. The food was always good and the people always GREAT. Jay puts on some of the best I have ever seen and I have seen many over my time. Have a great time and Jay eat a plate of pot luck for me :)

TXBobcat
09-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Tom
Sorry to hear about the problems. If for some reason you don't make it I will make up for it when we get to mission. We plan to stay at Mission West also. Will look for you there.

kakampers
09-18-2009, 03:38 PM
"I'm trying to talk the CFO that I need the Level Up system."

How about a Level Up Demo for Saturday afternoon at the Rally with the group and especially CFO in attendance!

Sounds like a good plan to me..... :confused::rolleyes::)

Terry, I'm game for that...I love playing with this thing!!!!:D

Terry H
09-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Ken and Kathy,

We plan to pick up the Pinehurst about November 2nd. At this time we are only planning to TriGlide upgrade to the Trailair Pin. May do some other upgrades after use the Pinehurst for a year.

yondering
09-21-2009, 03:32 PM
JAYC, Had every thing planned to attend, looked forward to meeting new friends and especially ex and retired LE guys. Well , mr murphy reared his ol' head and my wife is going in for knee replacement 12oct2009. I don't think I could talk her in to riding in the rig that soon afterward. Maybe next time, or sooner in the course of travel. Thanks for the invite, have fun and God Bless ya, Al Weaver

jayc
09-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Al, sorry you can't make it but we all know how Mr. Murphy is.

Maybe next time.

meandg
09-24-2009, 12:56 PM
We are thinking about coming. Not for sure since our Friday is pretty booked up. We would love to meet fellow heartland owners. Is the registration still open until October 1st?

jayc
09-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Gary and Michelle,
Yes, the registration is still open and I will be glad to add you to our list. Come on down!

TXBobcat
10-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Ok Folks.. I am here waiting. There are two Bighorns here. I have met the folks in one but not the other. Will most likely do that tomorrow. The ones I met are going to be here for the rally.

We are looking forward to the rest of you all getting here so hurry up.
BC

osims
10-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Bob
We will arrive next friday and are looking forward to the rally. It has been longer than usual since we have been anywhere , we have had one thing are another every weekend for a while now.
Bill

jayc
10-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Bob and Bill,
We went to the Balloon festival this morning and will be leaving here on Monday. We should be there by Thursday.

I had to release the remaining open sites, so anyone still wishing to come have a good time with us can call the park directly to reserve a site.

TXBobcat
10-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Well it looks like you guys are just going to have to put it in HIGH gear..
Ruth Fauss and Charles Bland & Bob and Sue Lawson (1072) are here along with us. Haven't seen Bob & Sue yet but Ruth and Charles are here in their new 3600RL.

Bob & Sue and I may have to do some shuffling later.. I am in his assigned space and he is in someone elses..

See you all soon..
BC

jayc
10-03-2009, 06:02 PM
We'll do the Rayford Shuffle before the rally starts. We're experts at it.

KENNY COCHRAN
10-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Y'all don't have too much fun without us!
We have a mcneese state vs. Northwestern football game in lake charles, la. This weekend or we would be there. If you need a saturday night outing, drive over to lc and come to the ball game. We have a big tailgate area and start tailgatin' on friday at noon. Kenny c.

jayc
10-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Kenny,
The fun has already started. We had a nice grill to cook on, thanks to Bill and Ornell being in a premium site, and everyone sat around waiting for the cool front to come in. Unfortunately it must be held up on some of those pine trees in Lufkin because thats the last report of where the front was.

You shoulda been here man......

jimtoo
10-15-2009, 08:29 PM
We hope everyone has a great time, and we will miss seeing all our old friends and making some new ones.

Wish we were there. but just could not make things work out for us this time.

Have a great rally.

Jim and Bette

jmgratz
10-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Great get together this evening...great cookout plenty to eat, plenty to visit. Will be cooler tomorrow. Looking foward to TxBobcat cooking breakfast in the morning.

TXBobcat
10-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Well breakfast is over. I am glad to see all that came by. I enjoy making the burritos for everyone. Thanks to Ornel for chopping the peppers, onions and stuff.. and thanks to everyone that helped me clean up... It was fun...

For those that wanted a list of what I use in the Burrito here it is again....

Sausage Seasoning
1lb Ground Turkey 85/15 or Chicken
1 tsp Salt
tsp Thyme
tsp Black Pepper
tsp Red Pepper
1 tsp sage
tsp Nutmeg
tsp Cumin
Cook until well done.

We make a Breakfast Burrito with this sausage mix.
1 Jumbo Egg
Chopped:
Onion
Bell Pepper
Jalapeno
Tomato
Flour Tortilla Mission Medium Soft Taco size.
And anything else you might want.

jgallego
10-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Bob, Thanks for the list of what you used to make the burritos. Your breakfast burritos were delicious. We really enjoyed them this morning.

Jaime

TXBobcat
10-16-2009, 10:03 PM
You're welcome.. I enjoyed every minute.

jmgratz
10-16-2009, 10:28 PM
You done good Bob...thanks

TXBobcat
10-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Well we had a great time. All those of you that weren't here you miss a good rally....

Here are two that I asked if they enjoyed the rally..

Yep I had a great time when's the next one. Huh Huh Huh!!!!
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r27/ka5kmu/Pics/DSC_4520M.jpg

Oh it was very nice but all these new young people make it quite tiresome...
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r27/ka5kmu/Pics/IMG_0713M800.jpg

Well I guess you have now heard it from the experts...

Travel safe and God bless everyone....

BC
Trevor
Peanut

Tom of Ypsi
10-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Jay & Stella did a great job and we had a great time with a bunch of great friends at the rally. As usual the pot luck was fantastic, way too much food, but worth the few extra poiunds gained.

jmgratz
10-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Great job Jay and Stella. We had fun and appreciate all of the good wishes and prayers. God Bless and see yall soon.

jbeletti
10-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Trevor and Peanut! Love it :)

Thanks for sharing Bob.

Jim

hcriddle
10-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey gang,

Maureen and I had a great time and we really enjoyed meeting all of you. Sorry we missed the potluck but we will try to plan better next time. Look forward to seeing you all again real soon.

jfrench
11-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Sounds like you held another great rally Jay. Sorry I miss it and the food LOL. :)

jayc
11-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Joe, you missed a great rally and lots of good food.