PDA

View Full Version : Summer Camping Plans

boatto5er
04-10-2009, 10:25 PM
In case anyone is interested, here are Debra and my current plans for trips thru early summer. We would love to have anyone who would like to join up with us for all or part of any of these trips:

Apr 29-May 3, Ocean Lakes Campground, Myrtle Beach, VA
May 15-17, Virginia Samboree, Beth-Page Campground, Urbanna, VA
June 5-7, American Heritage Campground, Williamsburg, VA

We'll probably also sneak a weekend at the Fredericksburg KOA in there somewhere (I'll post that when we decide the date)

If you have trips planned and would like to share them with other chapter members, post them on this thread. It would be nice to have little mini-rallies every now and then.

Gus and Debra

trdeal
04-11-2009, 05:16 AM
:D:DWell,this weeek we are at Green Mountain CG in Lenoir ,NC.So far the Landmark is working well for our first trip of the season.We have had some sunshine,some warm weather,some cold weather,wind,snow and some rain.We are supposed to have sunshine and warm today and tomorrow.Gonna have our kids and my wifes mom and dad up today for our Easter dinner.Looking forward to that. Planning on coming back Memorial day weekend and then to Ocean Lakes over the 4th of July.Probably plan some trips to Bandits Roost CG on Kerr Scott Lake,In Wilkesboro,NC also. We would also like to go to the Gatlinburg,Pigeon Forge,TN. area before the summer is out.And BTW I saw a Bighorn headed north on hwy 421 near Wilkesboro,NC on Thursday the 9th. If you are in these areas this summer give us a pm and maybe we can catch a Mt.Dew and a pack of cheese crackers.Everyone have a Blessed Easter and remember Easter is about more than hiding eggs.Terry and Renee

RnRCycloner
04-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Our first trip of the season will be Memorial Day week May 25 - 30 at Bandy Creek CG at Big South Fork National River & Recreational Area just north of Jamestown TN.

camperjohn08
04-13-2009, 09:41 PM
In case anyone is interested, here are Debra and my current plans for trips thru early summer. We would love to have anyone who would like to join up with us for all or part of any of these trips:

We'll probably also sneak a weekend at the Fredericksburg KOA in there somewhere (I'll post that when we decide the date)

If you have trips planned and would like to share them with other chapter members, post them on this thread. It would be nice to have little mini-rallies every now and then.

Gus and Debra
Do you mean Myrtle Beach, SC ?? We may be interested in one of your dates...

boatto5er
04-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Do you mean Myrtle Beach, SC ?? We may be interested in one of your dates...

They moved Myrtle Beach to South Carolina??!!??:eek: That's awful!!:rolleyes: Seriously, I think it was a freudian slip. That's a long drive and I was thinking short trip! But, South Carolina it is. Takes us around 8 to 8 1/2 hours to get there. That includes stopping to eat and one stop for fuel (-$$$$$).

jmaguire
04-14-2009, 02:12 PM
We are planning a trip in june to the Hagerstown area. We are thinking KOA, but if anyone has any suggestions we would be interested. Also in July we will be at Tall Pines in Sanford Va. and maybe earlier in July at Elk Neck State park in Maryland.

camperjohn08
04-16-2009, 08:09 PM
They moved Myrtle Beach to South Carolina??!!??:eek: That's awful!!:rolleyes: Seriously, I think it was a freudian slip. That's a long drive and I was thinking short trip! But, South Carolina it is. Takes us around 8 to 8 1/2 hours to get there. That includes stopping to eat and one stop for fuel (-$$$$$).
I WAS WONDERING jUST HOW BIG IS YOUR GAS TANK?:rolleyes:

boatto5er
04-16-2009, 08:23 PM
I WAS WONDERING jUST HOW BIG IS YOUR GAS TANK?:rolleyes:

I don't know John. I've never been able to afford to fill it completely up!:eek:

cjhicks
04-18-2009, 12:08 AM

Gus and Debra
We will see you at Beth Page just made plans to attend the Samboree

boatto5er
04-18-2009, 09:08 AM
We will see you at Beth Page just made plans to attend the Samboree

That's terrific! A couple of other chapter members will be there also. See you there.

Gus

jmaguire
04-19-2009, 04:28 PM
CJHICKS, we are in Eden. Where do you guys camp? We spend a lot of time around Milbourne down to Cherrystone and to Kiptopeke.

camperjohn08
04-19-2009, 06:39 PM

Gus and Debra
What section @ Ocean Lakes do you all have reserved? And If we attend the Jamboree, what section should we ask for if we can??
John & Nancy Latham

cjhicks
04-19-2009, 06:41 PM
CJHICKS, we are in Eden. Where do you guys camp? We spend a lot of time around Milbourne down to Cherrystone and to Kiptopeke.

jmaguire, We are just down the road in "Oriole" on Saint Peters Creek [ off of Deal Island Road ]. We dont do much local camping , going to Maine for the month of July.

Calvin Hicks

jmaguire
04-19-2009, 08:19 PM
We do a lot of local camping, but are venturing outthis summer. Good luck in Maine.

boatto5er
04-19-2009, 08:35 PM
What section @ Ocean Lakes do you all have reserved? And If we attend the Jamboree, what section should we ask for if we can??
John & Nancy Latham

John, We're in section 2000 at Ocean Lakes at the end of this month.

For the Samboree at Beth-Page in May, you have to download the registration form from the VA Good Sam Club WebSite and mail it in. If you decide to go, write a note at the bottom of the form asking to get a spot near the Funderburgs. That's the only way I know of to get near us. We did that to try to get close to some friends we have that are going. Hope to see you on both trips if possible!

Gus and Debra

Jim & Harriet
04-19-2009, 08:47 PM
hey gus,
sounds like you are working on plans for the summer. any word yet on a fall rally date for the virginia group?
we are off to nashville in a couple of weeks - for a bluegrass festival -wonderful music!
enjoy your travels - be safe!

boatto5er
04-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Hi Jim,

I think Hudson has narrowed it to three places, but still working on the final selection and the date. He's checking with the campgrounds on availability, costs, etc. We'll post a notice on the forum and I'll get an email out as soon as we get things finalized.

Have a great time in Nashville. We love it there, but have never camped there. We are planning on attending the Heartland Rally there next summer.

Gus

Jim & Harriet
04-20-2009, 08:24 AM
it would be fun to have a virginia group at the nashville rally next year. i'll have to check that date.

Jim & Harriet
04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
can you post the dates for the heartland 2010 rally in nashville - i could not find it via the forum. thanks

boatto5er
04-20-2009, 08:41 PM
I believe it is July 8-11. Don't believe that is "official" yet.

RnRCycloner
04-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Well I guess I have put a kink in my camping for a little while.. While doing yard work at home base I fractured my right foot. Didn't fall, trip, or drop anything on it. Just dumping some debris, had good footing, felt and heard foot pop then the pain... I should have been camping...

Lessons learned:
Yard work can inflict injury, even if it is not very strenuous.
When ER puts you on fast track, does not mean fast.. (6 hours there)

So now I have my driving foot fractured, could use my spare... On crutches and yard work is still not done.... I should have been camping....

I'm really not complaining, I'm too blessed to be depressed...
I'll see the doctor tomorrow for follow up.. Recovery time shouldn't be long...

Happy camping

jbeletti
04-20-2009, 10:11 PM
can you post the dates for the heartland 2010 rally in nashville - i could not find it via the forum. thanks

Here's a link (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=9279) to the 2010 Rally announcement.

It's a done deal.

Jim

boatto5er
04-21-2009, 07:39 AM

Gus and Debra

Hi, just added the following to our "planned" list: Aug 13-16, Pennsylvania Chapter HOC Rally.

fordtech 2008
04-21-2009, 01:50 PM
our first trip out will be may 1-3 at the race in richmond,then memoral day weekend at holiday trav-l park in va beach,then in june 19-27 disney world,fortwilderness campground,fall rally on the outer banks sept. 25-27.

dbylinski
04-21-2009, 03:21 PM
FORDTECH where are you camping at Richmond? At the track or at a local campground? We are going but we stay at Hidden Acres Campground in Bowling Green. It's about a 20 minute back road ride to the track. They also provide bus transportation to the speedway. This allows us to sleep well and enjoy the weekend.:D

Clark
04-21-2009, 06:17 PM
We will have our Bighorn down in Virginia during mid-May, at Creekside over the weekend of May 8th and 9th. Then on Sunday the 10th we will pull over to the Outdoor World preserve at Williamsburg until Sunday the 17th. Creekside will be in company with our Maryland Good Sam chapter, the Williamsburg week will be just for us. Be nice to see a Heartland in there somewhere.
Clark

superduty08
04-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Other than a few few friends meeting with us to camp at our farm in Selmer Tn. we only have one trip planned to Petit Jean State Park near Morrilton Arkansas May 8-9. Our big trip is in Sept. to Camping on the Gulf in Destin Fl. I miss the beach.

Jim & Harriet
04-21-2009, 08:27 PM
if anyone might be camping in the area, there is an all day bluegrass festival on saturday, may 2nd in portland, tn. we will be there...:)
it is an all afternoon - evening event. bring a lawn chair and your own picnic. let me know if you are interested and i can send the exact location.

cdbMidland
04-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Saundra and I will be attending the National Rally in Goshen 6/8-6/15, then the next trip will be to McGregor ON on 7/1-7/5 for the Ontario Rally, then finally to St. Ignace on 8/27-30 for the Michigan Rally. We will probably work in a camping trip to Ludington MI and Harrison MI sometime during the summer.

Then, it's back to Tiki Village in Lakeland FL for the winter.

Go Detroit Tigers!

Hudson
04-22-2009, 08:29 AM
We will have our Bighorn down in Virginia during mid-May, at Creekside over the weekend of May 8th and 9th. Then on Sunday the 10th we will pull over to the Outdoor World preserve at Williamsburg until Sunday the 17th. Creekside will be in company with our Maryland Good Sam chapter, the Williamsburg week will be just for us. Be nice to see a Heartland in there somewhere.
Clark

There's going to be a rally at *Creekside* ... you mean in Edinburg? That's like a couple of miles from my house. And I've heard that it is very tight ... and that from people with a smallish trailer. I'd love to see a Big Horn get into there. But if you do get it you are in a beautiful location, right on the creek and right in town.

Jim & Harriet
04-22-2009, 09:04 AM
that is a small campground, but the location is very nice. when we visited there were one or two big rigs and a large coach. i wondered how they were able to get in the space, but they managed...

any new info on a fall rally for the virginia group yet?:)

tkrejdl
04-22-2009, 09:49 AM
We will be camp hosting in Chadron State Park in Nebraska the first 2 weeks of Aug. If you are in the area stop by and say Hi.

Clark
04-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Jim and Hudson, Thanks for the tip. I passed along your comments about Creekside in Edinburg, VA to my Chapter Wagonmaster. They have a 5W about the same size as my BH3055RL and had been to Creekside last year. They didn't feel that they had any problems with size, so I'll give it a try. Appreciate the tips thought and I'll pull in to the CG with my eyes open.
Clark

Hudson
04-27-2009, 03:05 PM
We are going to Sanibel Island in Florida for a week early June. The CG is not on the water but is nearby. If you aren't familiar with Sanibel this is a place to hunt for shells. Also the sand is supposedly so fine it's like talcum powder. I've heard that it is so white (and since it is so fine), it is not as hot to walk on as regular sand.

June is the beginning of their off season so it will be warmer but we don't care really.

Along the way we will make two over night stops in each direction to keep the driving to less than 8 hours per day. We will stop at South Of The Border in each direction for sure since it is such an excellent value. When going to Disney we usually make our other stop in Jax but this time we might try for something a little farther south (at least on the southbound trip) to maximize our time at Sanibel.

If anyone is interested, please send me an email or a "private message" and I can fill you in on the details.

Oh, and if you know anything interesting about Sanibel Island that I might want to know, please let me know too.

boatto5er
04-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Debra and I are off to Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC Wednesday morning for five days:). We'll be celebrating our 33rd anniversary:D there on May 1st. Looking forward to the camping:), but not to the 8 hour drive:(.

cjhicks
04-28-2009, 08:11 PM
We are going to Sanibel Island in Florida for a week early June. The CG is not on the water but is nearby. If you aren't familiar with Sanibel this is a place to hunt for shells. Also the sand is supposedly so fine it's like talcum powder. I've heard that it is so white (and since it is so fine), it is not as hot to walk on as regular sand.

June is the beginning of their off season so it will be warmer but we don't care really.

Along the way we will make two over night stops in each direction to keep the driving to less than 8 hours per day. We will stop at South Of The Border in each direction for sure since it is such an excellent value. When going to Disney we usually make our other stop in Jax but this time we might try for something a little farther south (at least on the southbound trip) to maximize our time at Sanibel.

If anyone is interested, please send me an email or a "private message" and I can fill you in on the details.

Oh, and if you know anything interesting about Sanibel Island that I might want to know, please let me know too.
Hudson, If you are a member of Passport America, there is a Campground located on 95 before you get to South Of The Border, it is Bass Lake Campground, Dillon SC, $12.50 per nite full hookups . It is a small, but very clean Campground with new owners. It is easy to get in and out. Enjoy Fla. we will be heading for Maine for the month of July.

Calvin & Judy

Hudson
04-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Actually I'm not a member of Passport America or any other discount group (other than sometimes I buy a KOA or Good Sam card if it pays for itself on a trip).

But I have been thinking about it. So far this year I've got five full weeks of camping planned and am looking into a few three-day trips. I should probably join one of those half price clubs.

jbeletti
04-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Hudson,

Don't buy PPA yet! Your Heartland Owners Club Kit is shipping this week and in it will be a certificate to join PPA for cheap :)

Jim

MD Buck
04-30-2009, 12:14 PM
You might wanna try the Yogi Bear Resort near Williamsport. It is only about 5 miles to Hagerstown and is very nice. Live in the area and would recommend this one.

jmaguire
04-30-2009, 01:56 PM
I think thats where we are going to go. Thanks and I will let you know when we are going when we figure it out.

Hudson
05-02-2009, 09:08 AM
[I thought I posted this last night but I don't see it now...]

We are going to Maine for a week in late August. The temps should be wonderful and the lobsters cheap and plentiful. The CG is Hadley's Point CG in Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park. Acadia is the second most visited N.P. in America.

Who else wants to go? We've already got another HOC family we met at the Spring Rally bringing their Cyclone on this trip.

Anyone have any ideas/tips/warnings about Bar Harbor and/or Hadley's Point CG?

Jim & Harriet
05-02-2009, 09:45 PM
we were in maine last summer - great trip. lots of lobsters! bar harbor is very nice. much to do and see. we stayed with family in damariscotta. we plug in to their electric, water and sewer! my brother built his house there with his rv-ing family members in mind.

this weekend's trip to nashville was verry soggy! the planned music fesitval was cancelled,
and...
one of our slide outs would not slide via electric switch ... :(
but... we were able to use the hand crank to make it work :)

so this will be our first interaction with hartland's owner support. we will try to get it in for repair this week. hope it won't take too long. it is a new 2009 sundance camper, just got it in november and this was only our third trip (the second was the rally and all was working at that time.)

anyone else ever had slide issues? please let us know.
thanks.

boatto5er
05-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Just got back from a fabulous five days at Ocean Lakes CG in Myrtle Beach, SC. It's crowded there, but the proximity to the beach (and Camping World) makes it a good location. Weather was terrific and the water wasn't too bad - I would say it was a little cool, but tolerable :rolleyes: since the daytime temps were in the low 80's with lots of sunshine:). Came back to VA to cool, rainy conditions - bummer:(. Next trip is to Beth Page (Urbanna, VA for the Virginia Good Sam Samboree - May 14-17. I know Don and Cynthia Massengill are planning on being there. Anyone else?

Hudson
05-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Just got back from a fabulous five days at Ocean Lakes CG in Myrtle Beach, SC. It's crowded there, but the proximity to the beach (and Camping World) makes it a good location. Weather was terrific and the water wasn't too bad - I would say it was a little cool, but tolerable :rolleyes: since the daytime temps were in the low 80's with lots of sunshine:). Came back to VA to cool, rainy conditions - bummer:(. Next trip is to Beth Page (Urbanna, VA for the Virginia Good Sam Samboree - May 14-17. I know Don and Cynthia Massengill are planning on being there. Anyone else?
Hey Gus, glad you had a great time. Coming back to gray weather is one of the things that makes up appreciate our RVs more!

While you were gone we had another signup for the Fall Rally ... maybe two, depending upon the last message you saw.

Vis the Urbanna trip: I noticed the president of the VA Chapter of Good Sam lives near my old neighborhood, and I saw two VA Chap Good Sam equipment hauling trailers the other day in Strasburg ... but I didn't know about their rally ... I lost the URL, do you have it?

cjhicks
05-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey Gus Welcome Home! We will see you in Urbanna,ariving on Thursday the 14th. Calvin and Judy Hicks

boatto5er
05-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Hey Gus, glad you had a great time. Coming back to gray weather is one of the things that makes up appreciate our RVs more!

While you were gone we had another signup for the Fall Rally ... maybe two, depending upon the last message you saw.

Vis the Urbanna trip: I noticed the president of the VA Chapter of Good Sam lives near my old neighborhood, and I saw two VA Chap Good Sam equipment hauling trailers the other day in Strasburg ... but I didn't know about their rally ... I lost the URL, do you have it?

Hudson - here's the VA Chapter URL: http://www.vagoodsam.org/

boatto5er
05-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Hey Gus Welcome Home! We will see you in Urbanna,ariving on Thursday the 14th. Calvin and Judy Hicks

We will be looking for you there. We'll be parked in the Stafford Redwings area.

Gus

boatto5er
05-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Just got back in and unpacked from the Virginia Samboree at Beth Page Campground near Urbanna. We had a terrific time. Met Calvin and Judy Hicks who came over from Maryland in their Big Horn. Found out they're off the Maine for a month! Boy, are we jealous. Also introduced ourselfs and the owner's club to the Grissoms who were there in their Big Country (the rear kitchen model - can't remember the number). There were over 250 rigs and more that 500 Good Samer's at the Samboree. I highly recommend you attend at least one of these if you've never been before. Picked up a few good ideas for our next rally. Just trying to figure out where we can park 250 rigs:eek:.

Clark
05-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Re Creekside Campground at Edinburg:
Jim and Hudson, I wanted to get back to you on this campground. Yes, it is small, but very friendly. The weekend that we were there we shared the campgound between our "Foot Hill Campers" GS Chapter and the Southern Maryland GS Chapter. We shared dinner Saturday evening and Mothers Day breakfast on Sunday Morning. There were actually two BH3055RL's in the campground, including mine. Edinburg is a very old town just a short walk across a small bridge and very interesting. If you get there DO NOT MISS a meal at the "Garden of Eden" cafe. WONDERFUL meals for a very reasonable price. The proprietors moved there from Louisiana after Katrina and set up the business.
Clark

Hudson
05-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Wow, I wished I'd been paying attention to the calendar. I would have loved to stop in for a visit.

It's funny you said "if you get there [Edinburg]" ... I live in Edinburg ... Creekside is a stone's throw (literally) from where I get my mail in town every day. It is also kind of funny that you ate at that new restaurant before I did though.

boatto5er
05-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Debra and I are off to American Heritage Campground near Williamsburg next Thursday (Jun 4) through Sunday to visit with old friends from Alabama that we haven't seen in over 6 years. Then we're returning to American Heritage CG the next weekend with our local Good Sam Club chapter. If you're in the area either weekend, stop by and say hello.

fordtech 2008
06-15-2009, 06:33 AM
we leave for disney world on friday

boatto5er
06-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Sounds like fun! Have a great trip and let us know how it went.

Hudson
06-15-2009, 09:46 AM

Cool! Are you staying at Fort Wilderness (IMHO the best CG I have ever been to, even if not going to the parks). :D

SouthernNights
06-15-2009, 03:12 PM
We will be at Disney next week also. Going down on Sunday but will be staying at Old Key West. No camping this trip.:(

Where are you staying??

itsbeertime
06-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Wish I would have seen this earlier, I would have run by and said hi.

itsbeertime
06-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I'll be spending as much time as I can again this Summer at the Thousand Trails Chesapeake Bay Preserve. Any other members here? I've always got a cold beer to share. :)

Also will be at Richmond the weekend of June 27 for the Indy car race as well as Richmond in Sept. for the Nascar weekend and Martinsville in Oct. for the Nascar weekend.

Hoping to get down to NC to visit some friends sometime over the Summer, too. They live around the Raleigh and Greensboro areas if anyone knows of a nice place to camp around there it'd be appreciated.

camperjohn08
06-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Nancy and I are totally Jealous................. Our travel trailer has been parked in the back yard since the April Rally. Sad to say.... work, family matters in New York, Southern Cruisers Motorcycle rider club fund raisers, and this darn rain...has put a damper in our camping plans. Hopefully we will venture out next month... Until then, we'll just admire everyone else's fun times.

Can't wait for the September Rally though.:rolleyes:

John & Nancy Latham

"Mini-Moble Pup tent on Wheels"

Hudson
07-13-2009, 01:52 PM
We just scheduled a trip to Outer Banks from Tuesday, July 21 through Tuesday, July 28.

We were supposed to go to Sanibel Island, FL in June but I got the flu and canceled that trip.

Anyway, anyone who is jonesing for beach time can join us. Reply here or send us a private message if interested.

The weather projections are for almost no rain, highs in the low 80's, and low in the low 70's. I cannot imagine better weather.

boatto5er
07-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Debra and I will be at the Fredericksburg KOA this weekend (Jul 17-19)with the grandkids. Arriving late Friday afternoon/early evening and leaving Sunday noon. If any of you F'burg area residents are so inclined, stop by and say hello. We'll be on site 55.

Gus

fordtech 2008
07-19-2009, 03:31 PM
we are heading to kings dominion campground august 7th and 8th

boatto5er
07-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Great place for fun! Have a good time!

TanDumb
07-25-2009, 10:14 PM
OMG Fort Wilderness is our absolute most favorite place to camp. We are Disney lovers at heart. We have 17 months before we go again. We are taking our son for his 2nd birthday. Have a great time!!

SouthernNights
07-26-2009, 05:43 AM
OMG Fort Wilderness is our absolute most favorite place to camp. We are Disney lovers at heart. We have 17 months before we go again. We are taking our son for his 2nd birthday. Have a great time!!

Same here. I would rather be at Disney than most other places.
Are you guys DVC members?

boatto5er
07-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Had to loan my truck to the kids because their car broke down the night before a week long trip to Myrtle Beach. Left us unable to go camping last weekend or this coming weekend. Looks like the PA Rally may be the next time we're able to get out. Bummer - we're definitely suffering. To add insult to injury, our home AC unit went out on the hottest weekend of the year:eek:. It has not been a good weekend:mad:.

jbeletti
07-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Gus,

You should have paid for a rental car for the kids instead of loaning them the truck :)

See ya soon.

Jim

boatto5er
07-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Loaning out the truck was DW's idea:). It was a done deal before I ever knew about it. It is her truck - she just let's me drive it occasionally. I'm still trying to figure out how they were going to get everything they took into their car. We took out the 5th wheel hitch and they filled up the bed of the truck. Good thing I have a Retrax cover:D. Oh well - anything to keep the grandkids happy!

timdebs
07-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Debbie and I are going to put "De L.E.May" (that is what we have named our Pinehurst which is also our dog's name) down at White Oak Shores in Stella, NC August 1-9th. Dog has more rights and priviledges than I do, even gets a camper named after her, but nothing like getting put in the DOG HOUSE. August 19th we leave for Bristol until August 23. We will be camping at Race Day Campground (right across street from race track). If anyone is going to races you are more than welcome to come by and hang out. Let me know and I will give our site number. Then in Sept. it is off to Camp Hatteras for our FIRST RALLY!

boatto5er
07-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Bristol night race - sounds like great fun! Enjoy.

timdebs
07-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Looking forward to grillin, chillin and some exciting racing. We are going to the Modified Race and Truck Race on Wednesday night. I have watched Truck Race on TV, never seen the modified race. Thursday night is the hauler parade, Friday night is Nationwide and of course Sprint Cup Saturday Night.

boatto5er
08-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Finally get the pickup back tonight. Hope it's still in one piece:eek:! Have to remount the hitch - that's a two person job (son and DW:D). Next trip will be next Thursday. We're off to the Pennsylvania Chapter Rally at Twin Grove KOA north of Harrisburg. Should be loads of fun. It's always great to meet more Heartland owners from around the country:).

Hoping to schedule a trip somewhere in early Sept. Not sure where yet, but Chippokes Farm State Park is looking good right now.

Happy Camping!

timdebs
08-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Chippokes is one of our favorite camp grounds. Let us know and maybe we can go if you don't mind.

boatto5er
08-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Forgot about a Good Sam get together in Fredericksburg KOA the weekend after Labor Day and of course there's the big rally at Camp Hatteras the last weekend in Sept (I probably should attend that:D). May have to slide into October, but definitely interested.

fordtech 2008
08-25-2009, 07:19 PM
heading to holiday travl park in va beach for labor day weekend.

TanDumb
08-25-2009, 07:31 PM
heading to holiday travl park in va beach for labor day weekend.
My parents were there for Memorial Day weekend and will be there labor day weekend. It it a nice park. Have a great time!

boatto5er
09-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Debra and I will be at the Fredericksburg (Massaponax) KOA this weekend (Sept 11-13) with our Good Sam Chapter. Stop by if you're in the area. (We'll be down past the office, on the right side)