Summer Camping Plans

Hudson

Trip to Maine

[I thought I posted this last night but I don't see it now...]

We are going to Maine for a week in late August. The temps should be wonderful and the lobsters cheap and plentiful. The CG is Hadley's Point CG in Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park. Acadia is the second most visited N.P. in America.

Who else wants to go? We've already got another HOC family we met at the Spring Rally bringing their Cyclone on this trip.

Anyone have any ideas/tips/warnings about Bar Harbor and/or Hadley's Point CG?

Jim & Harriet

Maine & Tennessee

we were in maine last summer - great trip. lots of lobsters! bar harbor is very nice. much to do and see. we stayed with family in damariscotta. we plug in to their electric, water and sewer! my brother built his house there with his rv-ing family members in mind.

this weekend's trip to nashville was verry soggy! the planned music fesitval was cancelled,
and...
one of our slide outs would not slide via electric switch ... :(
but... we were able to use the hand crank to make it work :)

so this will be our first interaction with hartland's owner support. we will try to get it in for repair this week. hope it won't take too long. it is a new 2009 sundance camper, just got it in november and this was only our third trip (the second was the rally and all was working at that time.)

anyone else ever had slide issues? please let us know.
thanks.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Just got back from a fabulous five days at Ocean Lakes CG in Myrtle Beach, SC. It's crowded there, but the proximity to the beach (and Camping World) makes it a good location. Weather was terrific and the water wasn't too bad - I would say it was a little cool, but tolerable :rolleyes: since the daytime temps were in the low 80's with lots of sunshine:). Came back to VA to cool, rainy conditions - bummer:(. Next trip is to Beth Page (Urbanna, VA for the Virginia Good Sam Samboree - May 14-17. I know Don and Cynthia Massengill are planning on being there. Anyone else?

Hudson

Just got back from a fabulous five days at Ocean Lakes CG in Myrtle Beach, SC. It's crowded there, but the proximity to the beach (and Camping World) makes it a good location. Weather was terrific and the water wasn't too bad - I would say it was a little cool, but tolerable :rolleyes: since the daytime temps were in the low 80's with lots of sunshine:). Came back to VA to cool, rainy conditions - bummer:(. Next trip is to Beth Page (Urbanna, VA for the Virginia Good Sam Samboree - May 14-17. I know Don and Cynthia Massengill are planning on being there. Anyone else?
Hey Gus, glad you had a great time. Coming back to gray weather is one of the things that makes up appreciate our RVs more!

While you were gone we had another signup for the Fall Rally ... maybe two, depending upon the last message you saw.

Vis the Urbanna trip: I noticed the president of the VA Chapter of Good Sam lives near my old neighborhood, and I saw two VA Chap Good Sam equipment hauling trailers the other day in Strasburg ... but I didn't know about their rally ... I lost the URL, do you have it?

cjhicks

Hey Gus Welcome Home! We will see you in Urbanna,ariving on Thursday the 14th. Calvin and Judy Hicks

boatto5er

Hey Gus, glad you had a great time. Coming back to gray weather is one of the things that makes up appreciate our RVs more!

While you were gone we had another signup for the Fall Rally ... maybe two, depending upon the last message you saw.

Vis the Urbanna trip: I noticed the president of the VA Chapter of Good Sam lives near my old neighborhood, and I saw two VA Chap Good Sam equipment hauling trailers the other day in Strasburg ... but I didn't know about their rally ... I lost the URL, do you have it?

Hudson - here's the VA Chapter URL: http://www.vagoodsam.org/

boatto5er

Just got back in and unpacked from the Virginia Samboree at Beth Page Campground near Urbanna. We had a terrific time. Met Calvin and Judy Hicks who came over from Maryland in their Big Horn. Found out they're off the Maine for a month! Boy, are we jealous. Also introduced ourselfs and the owner's club to the Grissoms who were there in their Big Country (the rear kitchen model - can't remember the number). There were over 250 rigs and more that 500 Good Samer's at the Samboree. I highly recommend you attend at least one of these if you've never been before. Picked up a few good ideas for our next rally. Just trying to figure out where we can park 250 rigs:eek:.

Clark

Re Creekside Campground at Edinburg:
Jim and Hudson, I wanted to get back to you on this campground. Yes, it is small, but very friendly. The weekend that we were there we shared the campgound between our "Foot Hill Campers" GS Chapter and the Southern Maryland GS Chapter. We shared dinner Saturday evening and Mothers Day breakfast on Sunday Morning. There were actually two BH3055RL's in the campground, including mine. Edinburg is a very old town just a short walk across a small bridge and very interesting. If you get there DO NOT MISS a meal at the "Garden of Eden" cafe. WONDERFUL meals for a very reasonable price. The proprietors moved there from Louisiana after Katrina and set up the business.
Clark

Hudson

Creekside

Wow, I wished I'd been paying attention to the calendar. I would have loved to stop in for a visit.

It's funny you said "if you get there [Edinburg]" ... I live in Edinburg ... Creekside is a stone's throw (literally) from where I get my mail in town every day. It is also kind of funny that you ate at that new restaurant before I did though.

boatto5er

Debra and I are off to American Heritage Campground near Williamsburg next Thursday (Jun 4) through Sunday to visit with old friends from Alabama that we haven't seen in over 6 years. Then we're returning to American Heritage CG the next weekend with our local Good Sam Club chapter. If you're in the area either weekend, stop by and say hello.

itsbeertime

I'll be spending as much time as I can again this Summer at the Thousand Trails Chesapeake Bay Preserve. Any other members here? I've always got a cold beer to share. :)

Also will be at Richmond the weekend of June 27 for the Indy car race as well as Richmond in Sept. for the Nascar weekend and Martinsville in Oct. for the Nascar weekend.

Hoping to get down to NC to visit some friends sometime over the Summer, too. They live around the Raleigh and Greensboro areas if anyone knows of a nice place to camp around there it'd be appreciated.

camperjohn08

Totally Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy and I are totally Jealous................. Our travel trailer has been parked in the back yard since the April Rally. Sad to say.... work, family matters in New York, Southern Cruisers Motorcycle rider club fund raisers, and this darn rain...has put a damper in our camping plans. Hopefully we will venture out next month... Until then, we'll just admire everyone else's fun times.

Can't wait for the September Rally though.:rolleyes:

John & Nancy Latham

"Mini-Moble Pup tent on Wheels"

Hudson

Outer Banks in July

We just scheduled a trip to Outer Banks from Tuesday, July 21 through Tuesday, July 28.

We were supposed to go to Sanibel Island, FL in June but I got the flu and canceled that trip.

Anyway, anyone who is jonesing for beach time can join us. Reply here or send us a private message if interested.

The weather projections are for almost no rain, highs in the low 80's, and low in the low 70's. I cannot imagine better weather.

boatto5er

Debra and I will be at the Fredericksburg KOA this weekend (Jul 17-19)with the grandkids. Arriving late Friday afternoon/early evening and leaving Sunday noon. If any of you F'burg area residents are so inclined, stop by and say hello. We'll be on site 55.

Gus