Summer Camping Plans

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
OMG Fort Wilderness is our absolute most favorite place to camp. We are Disney lovers at heart. We have 17 months before we go again. We are taking our son for his 2nd birthday. Have a great time!!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
OMG Fort Wilderness is our absolute most favorite place to camp. We are Disney lovers at heart. We have 17 months before we go again. We are taking our son for his 2nd birthday. Have a great time!!

Same here. I would rather be at Disney than most other places.
Are you guys DVC members?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Withdrawal Pains!

Had to loan my truck to the kids because their car broke down the night before a week long trip to Myrtle Beach. Left us unable to go camping last weekend or this coming weekend. Looks like the PA Rally may be the next time we're able to get out. Bummer - we're definitely suffering. To add insult to injury, our home AC unit went out on the hottest weekend of the year:eek:. It has not been a good weekend:mad:.

jbeletti

Gus,

You should have paid for a rental car for the kids instead of loaning them the truck :)

See ya soon.

Jim

boatto5er

Loaning out the truck was DW's idea:). It was a done deal before I ever knew about it. It is her truck - she just let's me drive it occasionally. I'm still trying to figure out how they were going to get everything they took into their car. We took out the 5th wheel hitch and they filled up the bed of the truck. Good thing I have a Retrax cover:D. Oh well - anything to keep the grandkids happy!

timdebs

Debbie and I are going to put "De L.E.May" (that is what we have named our Pinehurst which is also our dog's name) down at White Oak Shores in Stella, NC August 1-9th. Dog has more rights and priviledges than I do, even gets a camper named after her, but nothing like getting put in the DOG HOUSE. August 19th we leave for Bristol until August 23. We will be camping at Race Day Campground (right across street from race track). If anyone is going to races you are more than welcome to come by and hang out. Let me know and I will give our site number. Then in Sept. it is off to Camp Hatteras for our FIRST RALLY!

timdebs

Looking forward to grillin, chillin and some exciting racing. We are going to the Modified Race and Truck Race on Wednesday night. I have watched Truck Race on TV, never seen the modified race. Thursday night is the hauler parade, Friday night is Nationwide and of course Sprint Cup Saturday Night.

boatto5er

Finally get the pickup back tonight. Hope it's still in one piece:eek:! Have to remount the hitch - that's a two person job (son and DW:D). Next trip will be next Thursday. We're off to the Pennsylvania Chapter Rally at Twin Grove KOA north of Harrisburg. Should be loads of fun. It's always great to meet more Heartland owners from around the country:).

Hoping to schedule a trip somewhere in early Sept. Not sure where yet, but Chippokes Farm State Park is looking good right now.

Happy Camping!

timdebs

Chippokes is one of our favorite camp grounds. Let us know and maybe we can go if you don't mind.

boatto5er

Forgot about a Good Sam get together in Fredericksburg KOA the weekend after Labor Day and of course there's the big rally at Camp Hatteras the last weekend in Sept (I probably should attend that:D). May have to slide into October, but definitely interested.

boatto5er

Debra and I will be at the Fredericksburg (Massaponax) KOA this weekend (Sept 11-13) with our Good Sam Chapter. Stop by if you're in the area. (We'll be down past the office, on the right side)