Heartland Owners Club - Flag (3'x5')

dennis2188

I see on several advertisements where they attach the flag pole to the rear ladder on the trailer. Isn't this putting a lot of stress on the ladder and to where the ladder is attached to the trailer?

SilverRhino

I see on several advertisements where they attach the flag pole to the rear ladder on the trailer. Isn't this putting a lot of stress on the ladder and to where the ladder is attached to the trailer?

I have the same concern...what are the real life experiences with this??

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
We have had our panther fiberglass 25' pole for almost 10 months. We have 2 3'X5' flags at full mast most of the time. We have also had 3 3'X5' flags on occassion. There have been several days with winds at 15-20kts. We have had no problems with the ladder or the ladder mounts. The pole with flags attached weighs less than 10lbs. We can hear a bump ever now and then when the wind changes direction, but nothing serious. All in all, we are pleased with our pole. Best wishes and may God Bless ya, Al & Dee Weaver

kinzu

Hi Jim Have u checked out harbor frieght...they have a 16 ft pole for around $39 and a real nice 29ft for around $59.00 kinzu

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Thought I'd add this here in this thread as it's relevant.

When I bought my flag pole, I tried to work out a "deal" with the supplier. They didn't want to deal. I moved onto another supplier of the same brand of flag pole kit. No response from them.

I have since found the manufacturer (I think) and they sell retail direct and at a better price than I paid.

Check out this 22' kit in their online store

That's the ladder mount kit. They have other styles and lengths as well.

Jim
Hey Jim, got my new flag pole today. I think I'm really gonna like it. Thanks for the tip!!

Ladder mount - How does it work?

I looked at the picture and description of the ladder mount unit. It says that once the mount is installed you can slide the pole through the top mount and then put the bottom of the pole in the bottom mount so you never have to climb the ladder. So, my question is how do you get the flag on the pole if you don't climb the ladder? Do you put the flag on and push it through the mount also?

LTZ

California-N Chapter Leaders-retired
Hey Jim,
I already have a flag pole so put me on the list, that flag would look good at Pismo Beach CA. Bought the pole and ladder mounts from Vista Flags about three years ago with no complaints. In fact the wife told me If buy any more pirate flags she is going to make me walk the plank. I think she is teasing (lol).