Heartland Owners Club - Flag (3'x5')

jimtoo

Jim,

Some of us, like me fly smaller flags. 12" X 18" Could they make this size for some of us? I already fly the USA and TEXAS flags, but in the 12X18 size.

Jim M

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
JIM ,I was thinking maybe a wind sock we had one for our SOB just gave it away this week end to some one who that trailer. It was cool to hang off the awning. The flags are really cool too. Can you sleep on it and maybe in the future. Thanks Kathy:)

jbeletti

Kat,

I like the windsock idea. Printed on two sides. Cool.

Jim,

On the 12 x 18 flag, do you fly that on a flag pole? Are there 2 grommets in that size flag, one in the top and bottom of the left side of the flag?

Jim

jimtoo

Kat,

Jim,

On the 12 x 18 flag, do you fly that on a flag pole? Are there 2 grommets in that size flag, one in the top and bottom of the left side of the flag?

Jim

Yes, just like a regular flag, only smaller.

Jim M

rick_debbie_gallant

Kat,

Jim,

Jim

JIm:

When you have these flags made, make certain that you put in the flag spec's to include "This edge is up" don't want to have another "distressed" flag raising. :eek::cool:

Probably best to have a sock. Them don't matter which end is up.:D

Reminds me of a story about a crew laying sod...............

bighorn3370

I like the flag too. I will also be looking for a flagpole. I just need something cool to put me over the edge. Just joined: can't wait for the plaque.

dieselsweetheart

Bighorn 3370 (hmmm...wonder what rig you own?? LOL) Hello and welcome to the club..from the Pa Chapter...you will love your plaque when it arrives! Welcome to the forum!

jbeletti

Thought I'd add this here in this thread as it's relevant.

When I bought my flag pole, I tried to work out a "deal" with the supplier. They didn't want to deal. I moved onto another supplier of the same brand of flag pole kit. No response from them.

I have since found the manufacturer (I think) and they sell retail direct and at a better price than I paid.

Check out this 22' kit in their online storehttp://stores.homestead.com/RacewerksInc/Detail.bok?no=24

That's the ladder mount kit. They have other styles and lengths as well.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Interesting. I could give my sister my 12 foot pole and get that one. Wonder if it would hold my 5 x 8 retirement flag, as well as the HL flag? And I tell the wife to lay off the credit cards :eek:.

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
Jim, try flagpolebuddy.net , Nice fiberglass poles that will hold three 3'X5' flags. Mounts on ladder. God Bless ya, Al

jbeletti

Jim, try flagpolebuddy.net , Nice fiberglass poles that will hold three 3'X5' flags. Mounts on ladder. God Bless ya, Al

Al,

That's who I got mine from. They are who I wanted to negotiate a special rate for Heartland Owners Club members. Didn't work out. That is why I sought out their supplier - or whom I think is their supplier. Price is nicer too :)

I tried to get Martin Marketing to become the Indiana dealer for that brand but that didn't work out, cost-wise either.

Jim

jbeletti

Nate,

I had Martin Marketing have these made up so they do the retail side of this. Give Brad Martin a call. He should have these in stock.

Jim

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
Jim B, One other place to try for flag poles is www.vistaflags.com. Nice units, cheaper than flag pole buddy and very easy to hoist,lower. Have a 25' that will take 3 3'X5' flags. Best wishes and God Bless ya, Al W