In Elkhart Oct 31 - Nov 2nd

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I will be in Elkhart for the weekend and heading to the factory on Monday Nov. 2nd to get a booth dinette installed. My brother-in-law will be with me as we expect to do alot of running around and checking out the surplus stores. I will also give him a tour of the factory if they let me. Looking forward to seeing the guys up there again.

Mark

mrcomer

Well I ended up getting here Friday afternoon. Just couldn't wait to get here. My brother-in-law and friend are on their way here Saturday morning. Should be arriving around 8:30. We'll meet at the Lux Cafe for breakfast then off to the surplus stores. If anyone is in the area let me know and maybe we can get together for a drink or lunch or dinner

Mark

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Have fun in those surplus stores but be very careful, you can get into trouble in there. It's pretty easy to spend the hard earned savings ya know.

Mikemm62

Mike & Suzanne
Lunch/ dinner

Well I ended up getting here Friday afternoon. Just couldn't wait to get here. My brother-in-law and friend are on their way here Saturday morning. Should be arriving around 8:30. We'll meet at the Lux Cafe for breakfast then off to the surplus stores. If anyone is in the area let me know and maybe we can get together for a drink or lunch or dinner

Mark

Mark,
Mike hear in Michigan ... if you want to get together for lunch or dinner Sunday let me know if this fits your plans or not...

iniki@iniki.us

269-628-4616

Mike Markus

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Oh dont let Duane hear you are going to the surplus stores!! Just kidding Mark but boy did Duane get some great items there and just wish one was closer to us.. Just remember to think outside the box.

mrcomer

Check this out--we did it

I took my brother-in-law and other friend over to the farmers market in Elkhart and there was a helicopter there. we walked over to take a look and we saw the sign, "$10 per person" so my friend and I said "we're in". We gladly handed over the cash and was promply lead out to the helicopter and strapped in by the pretty daughter of the pilot. We didn't tell him that though. I do not know much about helicopters but this one was pretty small and we were a bit cramped in there but I am not complaining. The pilot said this was the second time he has done this. He is also a trainer at the Goshen airport and offered to give us lessons. He intends to come back in the spring so maybe some of you can get your turn then.

Mark

Attachments

• 100_0364.JPG
    100_0364.JPG
    461.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_0366.JPG
    100_0366.JPG
    406.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_0367.JPG
    100_0367.JPG
    443 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_0368.JPG
    100_0368.JPG
    476.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_0369.JPG
    100_0369.JPG
    480.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_0370.JPG
    100_0370.JPG
    466.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_0371.JPG
    100_0371.JPG
    501.8 KB · Views: 20

mrcomer

Mark,
Mike hear in Michigan ... if you want to get together for lunch or dinner Sunday let me know if this fits your plans or not...

iniki@iniki.us

269-628-4616

Mike Markus

Hey Mike,
Sorry I couldn't get back to you. We ended up being a lot busier than I expected. We were going non-stop since 9:00 Saturday morning. I will be coming back on Friday to pick my unit up. They found a couple of things that I hadn't seen and also needed to send it to the paint shop because of the replaced storage doors. I certainly did not want to rush them so i decided to return home Monday evening and will go back Friday afternoon.

Hopefully we can try another time.

Mark

mrcomer

Hey Jon,
Well the long and the short of it is yes, I did upgrade to the slam doors. After talking with Jim F. and Dave J. it seemed to be the best way forward. Wasn't something I was ready for financially but I figured who better to install them and since the unit had to go to paint regardless it was an opportune time to bite the bullet. After the initial sting is gone I know it will be the best and I am very anxious to see them.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Hey Jon,
Well the long and the short of it is yes, I did upgrade to the slam doors. After talking with Jim F. and Dave J. it seemed to be the best way forward. Wasn't something I was ready for financially but I figured who better to install them and since the unit had to go to paint regardless it was an opportune time to bite the bullet. After the initial sting is gone I know it will be the best and I am very anxious to see them.

Mark....I got to see Jon's , they are well made and very nice. I am sure you will be well pleased , they did a fantastic job on his.....Kenny