EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IN, Shipshewana - 5/8/2014 to 5/11/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
A Little help here. I will be coming North on I69 and thought maybe I would cut across 20 instead of coming all the way up to 80/90 and then coming back down to the campground. Any thoughts on what route 20 is like?

Kbvols

Mark
20 is the best way into Shipshe from 69. A lot better then taking 6 to 9 or 33. Toll road would be longer and other than 20 being 2 lane the road is better than toll road. It's only about 30 miles from Angola over to Shipshewana on 20 so not too far. Plus 20 comes in on the south side of the town and campground is only 1/4 mile or so from intersection so would avoid traffic thru town which can be slow at times.

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
Barb. Your on the list. We have quite a group for the Blue Gate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I would like to go to Lolly's and Yoder's and who knows where else to shop for fabric on Saturday if anyone else wants to tag along...

Kathy

Nancy is already planning on going there also she knew you would want to go to the fabric stores and can't hardly wait. Don't worry I will take care of Ken until you get there. We won't do anything more than in the past when we have been together in this area.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Coming from the Detroit We take 20 from Toledo whenever we head that way. Other than the first couple of miles at 475 it is a nice ride with very little traffic. I have never bothered with the turnpike.

kkamshop

Nancy is already planning on going there also she knew you would want to go to the fabric stores and can't hardly wait. Don't worry I will take care of Ken until you get there. We won't do anything more than in the past when we have been together in this area.

Glad to hear that Nancy wants to shop, but I am worried that if you and Ken spend a couple of days in Elkhart Co that there will be no money left for fabric (or for property taxes which are due May 12 :(:( )

mrcomer

Mark
20 is the best way into Shipshe from 69. A lot better then taking 6 to 9 or 33. Toll road would be longer and other than 20 being 2 lane the road is better than toll road. It's only about 30 miles from Angola over to Shipshewana on 20 so not too far. Plus 20 comes in on the south side of the town and campground is only 1/4 mile or so from intersection so would avoid traffic thru town which can be slow at times.

Good to know. Thank you for the info. See you there.

kkamshop

Dennis I found a place in the area that has aluminum wheels to fit my dually. We will have to check it out. :)

mrcomer

OK, I changed my arrival date to the 8th but I wont get in until around 9 or 10 that evening. Cindy at the campground says I am now on lot 96

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
I would like to go to Lolly's and Yoder's and who knows where else to shop for fabric on Saturday if anyone else wants to tag along...

Kathy
Most certainly I would love to go fabric shopping. I have a simple bag pattern to share and if anyone else has any hobby ideas to share bring them along. We all enjoy new ideas. Mary

jbeletti

OK, I changed my arrival date to the 8th but I wont get in until around 9 or 10 that evening. Cindy at the campground says I am now on lot 96

Call me when you're close and we'll round up a posse with flashlights to help you into your site.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

mrcomer

Call me when you're close and we'll round up a posse with flashlights to help you into your site.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks Jim. I may get antsy during the day at work and leave earlier but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.