Tire Life on Power King Tow Max STR

Carol and I own a 2010 Big Horn 3385RL. I was wondering how many trouble free miles one can expect to get out of a set of Power King Tow Max STR Tires. The tire size on our unit is 235/80/16. Anyone have any recommendations for good replacement tires. I seem to only find Goodyear Marathon in my tire size.

Ted Carol and Terra our German Shorthair Pointer

2005 Chevy Duramax

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I can't tell you how many miles you will get out of your Tow Max tires, but I would not recommend Marathons. If you want to change out tires to a Goodyear brand then I would look at the Goodyear G-614"s. They are a commercial truck tire. Be certain that your rims will support 110 psi for these tires.
Others will weigh in with their oppinion, as tires are a popular subject here on the forum.
Try and do a search for 'Tow Max', 'Marathons'.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
To add to Cookie's comments, I really haven't seen a high failure rate for tires on the forum lately. Either everyone has swapped out their tires or Heartland has finally found a tire that lasts a while. The main thing is to watch your pressures and regularly inspect inside and out for any bubbles or cracks on the sidewall or in the tread.
Maxxis makes a decent tire in your size if you feel the need to replace yours. Some have used Michelins but most move up to the Goodyear G614. Your existing wheels should be capable of the higher pressure and weight capabilities of the "G" rated tire. It's best to verify by finding the rating stamp on the inside of the wheel.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tire life is unpredictable. But count on them to fail, and set money aside. A lot of folks here have rims that aren't recommended for use with the high pressure of the G 614s, and instead have gone with Maxxis M8080s. Many happy folks with them so far.

E

GOTTOYS

I took my Tow Max tires off when they were almost new (500 miles) I like to think of them as display and delivery tires. My concern was when, not if, they fail they do a lot of damage to the side of the trailer when they blow. I replaced mine with B.F. Goodrich Commercial TA tires in the 235/85/16 size. They are a LT designation tire and are a total of 1" bigger in overall diameter. They fit just fine. Don't let anybody tell you they won't work. I have over 8,000 trouble free miles on mine. Maxxis is another good choice as is the Goodyear G614 if your wheels can handle the increased tire pressure....Don

mlburst1

We have put a little over 20,000 miles on our Power King Tow Max STR 235/80/16 tires the last two years with no problems (knock on wood).

Every travel day starts with each tire pressure checked and we utilize a PressurePro tire monitoring system.

Rest breaks include a walk around to visually inspect the tires.

The tires have performed well so far....

Mike