closet sliding door

herefishy

Our sliding closet doors weren't locked closed, and something evidently got between them - cracked one, and I think they both broke off the nylon slide on the bottom. Has anyone ever tried to fix this situation? The pics are of the top fixture, which has a roller, but I think on the bottom, they are just little nylon "points" as I found a piece on the floor.

Speedy

Re: Need a new heading for Interior

I have been doing a lot of home remodeling this year and have been noticing similar hardware on the sliding closet doors I'm installing in my mother-in-law's house and the ones in our BC. They are the same as the ones you pictured in the other thread; with that said I would look at the closet hardware that Home Depot has in stock because I think they have the replacement parts that would work.

Sorry I have no pictures.

dbbls59

I think you would have to remove the door to get to the bottom and replace the broken part. Loosen the screw in the picture and this will drop the door down enough that you can lift the roller out of the track. Do this on both sides and the door should come off. I have not done this on the RV door but have on my bedroom door which looks the same.

herefishy

The hardware slides under a lip on the door, and the one screw I took out didn't release the fixture - can I just use extra force to make it pop out? I'll check the ones at Home Depot. And I'll ask them, if the fixture is similar. Guess it wouldn't hurt to mix 'n match if they don't look exact? As long as the hold would match up. Thanks for the help.l