Dicor Roof

While doing the annual roof inspection I put my foot on the roof and it stuck. I noticed the cracking and touched the roof. The Dicor material has started to slide off. It’s very sticky and cannot walk without sliding and sticking. Has anyone ever had this happen to their roof? I’ve tried to call Heartland but they said contact Dicor. Of course they are not easy to get In touch with.

Attachments

• 71511466205__D5CE7A22-E436-49FC-85EA-AC572BF701DF.jpeg
    71511466205__D5CE7A22-E436-49FC-85EA-AC572BF701DF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20

Piperflyer

Alejandra Rousculp

Aftermarket Customer Service

Dicor Products, a Division of AIRXCEL

2965 LaVanture Place

Elkhart, IN 46514

574-264-2699

www.airxcel.com

This is who I was in contact when my roof did the same thing from Dicor

oldelmer1

My camper is 43 feet, it was $8k.

I took the camper to York, PA, but now they have opened a shop in Newark, De.

While doing the annual roof inspection I put my foot on the roof and it stuck. I noticed the cracking and touched the roof. The Dicor material has started to slide off. It’s very sticky and cannot walk without sliding and sticking. Has anyone ever had this happen to their roof? I’ve tried to call Heartland but they said contact Dicor. Of course they are not easy to get In touch with.
Did you ever get this resolved? We are having the same issue. Went up for routine maintenance check and it's all gummy and chalky and coming off. We haven't contacted anyone yet, just figured this out today so came here to find some possible answers. Please let me know. Also if there is a warranty on it (12 year apparently?) why would they not cover all of it, including labor? ** that question was for anyone else who might read this as well. Thanks!

david-steph2018

Did you ever get this resolved? We are having the same issue. Went up for routine maintenance check and it's all gummy and chalky and coming off. We haven't contacted anyone yet, just figured this out today so came here to find some possible answers. Please let me know. Also if there is a warranty on it (12 year apparently?) why would they not cover all of it, including labor? ** that question was for anyone else who might read this as well. Thanks!
Because the roof is installed at the factory, not Dicor. The individuals working at the factory probably have not been trained by Dicor, so the technique used that day to install could be different than wanted by Dicor. Dicor does not any control over how the material is installed at all of the different factories.
Generally, the warranty is 10-years, material only.

Heartland refuses to pay anything on this issues. Dicor will not warranty due to the fact I am the second owner.

Piperflyer

Dicor offered to give me the material to install a new roof, but would not pay any of the labor charges stating my RV was 8 years old. If they have a 10 or 12 year warranty it must be limited to what it covers.