Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Had to clear the cobwebs off of this thread.

I was lucky enough to be given the "Cheap Heat" by some very generous people. Ken and Dedra B. Thank you guys so much.

Well with all of this spare time I decided to tackle the project. Spent half a day yesterday and half today to do the install. A few call to Larry to make sure I was on the right track and all was a success. Just in time for summer :)
Here's a few pics

f110184650049181188c8040f4ddcbec.jpg

9c02d8c3b2ad88771213814a810f313f.jpg

81dca42779074ea42500250824557883.jpg

27f853bb1230bd8dc19595dda248cda5.jpg

7cc2c2748f4c58472c6e53bae84b915f.jpg

6bc1cc160032fff00fd092160cba01a4.jpg

\

dbf29ca13c7768604600d09225788a68.jpg

6bc4ede7f6a1c062b25304a397c2fbdd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jbeletti

Looking good Jerrod. Nice chatting with you tonight.

Getting down to 44 tomorrow (Friday) overnight here in the DFW area. My CheapHeat will keep the tiny-trailer toasty :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You didn't use Wago connectors at the furnace?

Dan I'm a bit rusty, forgot I had them.

Looking good Jerrod. Nice chatting with you tonight.

getting down to 44 tomorrow (Friday) overnight here in the DFW area. My CheapHeat will keep the tiny-trailer toasty :)

Jim wish we could be there right now. Hope to see you somewhere soon. Have Nelly send me some of her Nelly muffins mix
smile.png

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jared, how did you tie the Cheap Heat in to power? I just about have it all installed except the 120 voltage.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jared, how did you tie the Cheap Heat in to power? I just about have it all installed except the 120 voltage.

I had 3 extra spots in my original breaker panel. This mad it very easy to slap in a double 30amp breaker.

fa538932f9055f37cfd546f726217f6a.jpg

68d5c2232748fe4020e55cc2f56ba6b6.jpg

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Nice. I dont have that option. Was thinking about tiring it in at the power monitor.

danemayer

I think Larry mentions the shore power side of the transfer switch (if you have one) as a choice. I didn't have space in the breaker box, so I went with the transfer switch.

And there's another thread that's active now where it was tied into the main 50 amp breakers - but if you choose that, you might give Larry a call first to get his opinion.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I think Larry mentions the shore power side of the transfer switch (if you have one) as a choice. I didn't have space in the breaker box, so I went with the transfer switch.

And there's another thread that's active now where it was tied into the main 50 amp breakers - but if you choose that, you might give Larry a call first to get his opinion.

Dan,

My installer called Larry and he walked him through installing mine into my main breaker box. I have been using mine now for quite a while without any issues.

Rod

danemayer

Dan,

My installer called Larry and he walked him through installing mine into my main breaker box. I have been using mine now for quite a while without any issues.

Rod

Rod, in the thread I mentioned, the tie in was directly into the 50 amp breakers along with the main power wires, rather than by adding additional branch breakers. Is that how yours is?

I'm not sure, but electrical code for putting 2 wires under the screw of a breaker may require a breaker that's rated that way. I'm not sure how that differs electrically from 2 wires under the screw in the transfer switch, but there could be some difference.

2psnapod2

Yes I have the transfer box, but that also controls my power for the 3rd AC. So I'm not sure how to go about adding it. I have fused the wiring down stream.

danemayer

Yes I have the transfer box, but that also controls my power for the 3rd AC. So I'm not sure how to go about adding it. I have fused the wiring down stream.

Usually, shore power goes into the transfer switch, as does generator power (or just the wires), and comes out of the transfer switch, then on to the circuit breaker panel where it goes into the two 50 amp breakers. That being the case, I don't understand your comment about the 3rd AC.

Here's the page from the CheapHeat install guide showing the power connection coming off the shore power side of the transfer switch.

Cheapheat high voltage wiring transfer switch.jpg

2psnapod2

We have a box that does the generator switch, that also controls the legs to insure no more than 2 ACs start at the same time. At least that is what I am understanding.

danemayer

We have a box that does the generator switch, that also controls the legs to insure no more than 2 ACs start at the same time. At least that is what I am understanding.

Best I recall, toy haulers with 3 A/C units, early on used a manual switch to control which 2 A/C units could be used at the same time. I don't think that approach was ever used on Landmark.

Later, when 3 A/C units were offered on Landmark 365, they came with Precision Circuits Systems (PCS) load management that automatically managed power consumption, shedding loads when necessary. That system has a display panel, along with several components within the main circuit breaker panel.

Best I recall, Landmark 365 units all also came with generator prep and should have a transfer switch behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage. That transfer switch may also have some EMS protections built in. That transfer switch is intended to switch power between generator and shore power, automatically.

Btw, your profile still shows a 2011 Landmark, but perhaps you upgraded to a Landmark 365. If not, and if you added a 3rd A/C unit after purchase, it may be wired completely differently.

2psnapod2

No we upgraded to a 2019 LM Lafayette. I was thinking that the PCS was all built into the transfer switch. Am I wrong? I just assumed so since that is all I see as far as anything electrical.

danemayer

jbeletti

Let's do it Jim
A lot of our Wineries out here are having Virtual Wine Tasting to keep things rolling. We haven't tried it yet.

I don't know when, where or what it will look like - but we will "ride again". Might have to fly to Cali or meet you in Vegas. We'll see!