$1,200 for External and Internal Sealing Treatment?

Vindex

Hello All,

We are going to purchase a 2014 Cyclone 4100HD this weekend and the dealer is trying to sell me on a internal and external sealing service that costs $1,200. They say this will keep the inside and outside nice and from chalking and sun fading as well as make it to where you can wash black streeks with normal soap and water for 5 years. Has anyone heard of this service and is it worth it?

Thanks,
Jeremy

danemayer

Hi Vindex,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. This is the place to get your questions answered.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of opinions on this service very soon. My own opinion is that it falls into the category of ADP (Additional Dealer Profit). You can probably do the same thing yourself with a little elbow grease and $20 of protectant.

Vindex

That's what I was thinking might be the case. Unless this stuff is really all that ...I might be better off getting slide toppers.

sandman

Hey Vindex, I had mine done on the outside when i bought it, but it was a waste of money. might be a different product ,but save the money, just my opinion.

Westwind

Don't waste your money - It's not going to help, you could have the trailer cleaned and waxed many times for that amount of money.

GOTTOYS

That's a HUGE waste of money. They will spray about $10.00 worth of Scotchguard or its' equivalent on the inside and they will apply a polymer paint "sealant" similar to Rejex, Nu-Finish or Simonize Ice to the outside. Usually they require you to bring it back annually for the to "reseal" it. Sometimes there is a charge for this. If you do have a warranty claim they just give you a refund....pro-rated of course. Having worked in the auto industry for years I've seen lots of these HUGE profit makers. They don't do anything you can't do yourself for about $20.00 worth of materials. In fact I dislike this type of thing so much I would probably re-consider buying from a dealer that tries to push this on me...JMHO..Don

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
That's what I was thinking might be the case. Unless this stuff is really all that ...I might be better off getting slide toppers.

Go with the toppers we have them and love it never have to worry about leaves building up. Also, I use scotchguard on my rugs and any fabric to protect them never had a problem not being able to keep them clean and I have two large Rottweilers. My hubby washes and waxes our rig several times in the season and always looks like knew. I wouldn't waste my money on that option. Good luck and welcome to the Heartland Family

oscar

Never ever paid for any of it on cars, boats and campers. Probably saved 25K plus in my lifetime. Never missed it either.

wiredawgchief

Vindex, I treat the roof with rubber roof protectant from Camping World once a year with storing mine inside and former RV twice a year that was outside all the time The Southwestern sun can be pretty harsh, but my former RV never chalked after 12 years of faithful service. I use car wash soap and wax entire unit once a year now that mone is stored inside. Hope this helps. Ron