2008 Southwest Regional Fall Rally Date/Location is set!

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Sign us up

Jay;
We are new to this also, but talked to Gwen at the park and now want to make the event in October.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Joe,
It's way too early to tell whether or not we'll have a potluck dinner or not, but there should be plenty of food anyway. We'll be looking forward to seeing whatever you bring to the rally.

Tom and Marti, I'll add you to the list and welcome.

TexYa

Joe,
Even if, for some very odd reason that, we don't have pot luck for the rally.... don't worry I'll bring something... OK?

It might not be like Thanksgiving or just like Mom used to fix but at least we won't go hungry. ;)
Cary

jayc

Another signup

I got a PM from JD Wigley that he and CJ are planning to make it back to Texas for the fall rally. We still have plenty of room, so come on down!

jfrench

Cary

Sound good to me :). Just to let everyone know I'll be back in the katy store on the 3rd. I cant wait to get home.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jay, If I haven't already let you know, Lin & I will be at the Fall Rally. I'll call Rayford to get a site. See you in October. Probably a day or two early.

osims

bsims
Ray
I am glad you and Lin will make it again this year. Jay has done agood job with this rally, Ornell and i really enjoyed the last one. It looks like there will be a good turn out.
Bill

cjbearden

Visitor
Reservations Made!

J.D. and C.J. have made reservations to arrive on Oct 15 and leave Oct 20 and have been assigned site 53. Looking forward to some more great fun.:eek:

Would appreciate it if someone would let us know where you get your wooden name signs that we have seen hanging from RVs or hanging on stands at your sites. Being full-timers, DH doesn't have all his tools anymore to make the signs himself. :(

Tom of Ypsi

JD & CJ, You can find these signs at most flea markets, big fairs, local sign shops etc. We got ours from my mother, she picked it up at her church fair and the guy hand painted our names on it while she browsed the fair.

jayc

Ray,
I'll add you and Lin to the list. We had such a good time at our first two rallies in Houston, and another great time in Branson at the International rally. We're looking forward to the next one!

Bill and Ornell, thanks for the kind comments.

JD, we bought our sign in Branson from a sign shop that is just around the corner from the KOA. He did a good job on the sign but doesn't have a website. I can get you his telephone number if you like.

BobSue

to attend fall rally

Jay,

Sue and I are planning to be at the fall rally at Rayford Crossing.

We have stayed there many times before.

Sue made reservations with CG last night. We are arriving on Friday afternoon and leaving on Sunday morning. CG assigned us a "public" space since they did not know if you had passed out all the rally slots allocated.

Looking forward to our first Heartland rally with our new(ish) Big Horn.

Thanks

jayc

Bob and Sue,
I added you to the list. We're glad to have you join us.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Looks like we are going to make the rally. Please add Pat & I to the list. We have made our reservation to arrive on Oct. 13th and leave on Oct. 20th. Have been assigned site #77.

Look forward to seeing everyone again.
BC

jayc

Bob,
I added you and Pat to the list. It will be good to see you again.

jayc

New members of our club Dennis and Joyce Young signed up by email and were added to the list.

jayc

I sent an email to joe French at Camping World in Katy to get him to notify his customers so that we can sign up some more new members of our club.

We've still got plenty of spaces left, so come on down!

jayc

How about having hot dogs or coneys on Friday night when most everyone arrives? That way, you won't have to worry about getting in, setting up and then either fixing something to eat or going out to eat. The club will pick up the tab, so there's no cost.

On Saturday morning, the park will do a breakfast, For $3.00 per person you get pancakes, bacon and either coffee or juice.

Lunch is on your own, or we can eat the leftover hotdogs.

Saturday night we can have a big 'ol potluck dinner. Just bring enough for 4-6 people, your drink of choice and we'll all share.

Tom of Ypsi

Jay,

That sounds like a plan at least for us. For us early birds, 10/14, maybe we can BBQ one of those Texas cows:D

cjbearden

Visitor
Sounds like a great plan Jay (and Tom for the early birds). We can make a crockpot of hot dog chili sauce if needed. (I am good with opening cans and pouring in a crockpot) :D

CJ

jayc

Tom and CJ, it sounds like we've got a deal! Tom can barbecue, CJ open the cans into the crock pot and I'll stand there watching.

Seriously, I'll be there a day or two early to help with the set up and buy the goodies for Friday night. Everyone, please let me know if there is anything special that you want on your hot dogs.