2008 Southwest Regional Fall Rally Date/Location is set!

JimandSina

Well folks for all of you who attended, Sina and I thank you for a wonderful time, it was great meeting all of you and we are already looking forward to the spring rally.

On a different subject I want to caution everyone who attended to carefully check your vehicle license plates to be sure they are on your truck and RV or anything else you may have driven to the rally.
When I performed my walk around inspection at the storage facility a short while ago I discovered that my front license plate on the truck had been removed while at the park, I know it was on when I arrived, but did not notice this morning while hooking up, but, I try to always check for them when I get ready for a trip and when I arrive. I know it was removed because it was bolted on with stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers, and they are not on the bumper so it had to be removed by someone, I did park near the pool this weekend instead of by the rig so that may have provided the opportunity needed, I have contacted the state of Texas, highway patrol so they can at least watch for it.

Hopefully I'm the only victim, but as some of you may know a wrong minded person will switch plates several times for their deceptive purposes so just take this as a heads up and make sure your tag number is the one you own.

Regards to all,
Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Jim
Sorry to hear that you had your plates stolen. Thank you for letting us know. I went out and checked mine and they are both on my truck and trailer..

Let us know how things work out..

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Rayford Rally

Jim;
Sorry to hear about your plate. Thanks for the heads up, I checked ours and we were okay.

The rest of the rally was really great and Marti and I had a fantastic time. It was truly an experience and we are looking forward to the next one.

ya'll take care,

Tom and Marti

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It's Over

Well another Rally has come to an end. Lin & I had a great time and it was great to see all the folks we met last year again. I spent a couple bucks with 3G and got a Verizon air card and an antenna so now we'll be "connected" most of the time. I hope everyone that wanted a screen door opener got one. I think installed 5 of them this morning. Jay & Stella, thanks for all your hard work. Rick and Dee thanks to you too. Great job on the Hot Dogs on that fancy grill. We'll be heading out tomorrow for Rockport, then if our site is available in Corpus I think we'll call it a trip and park it for a while. I'll be working on the get together for anyone in the Corpus area that may want to spend a day at the beach. So Long!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Beautiful Site..

Well it has been great. It has been my pleasure being with the lot of you. So I am going to show you a few beautiful views.

View #1
DSC_2340M.jpg

View #2
DSC_2341M.jpg

View #3
DSC_2343M.jpg

And the most beautiful of all..

DSC_2352M.jpg

Travel Safe and may God Bless each and every one of you.
BC

jimtoo

Thanks to everyone for posting about the rally. I am sorry we could not make it this time, but will try for next spring.

Bob, thanks for the pictures, they were great.

Jim M and Bette

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have more pictures.. About 140 +/- and am trying to find a way to upload to the HOG under Rallys. Jim is checking things out for me. Will make a post when I upload them.

jfrench

Thank you I need that.

I just wanted to say thanks again for letting me come. It was a blast and the food was great as always. I always love getting out of the office and hanging out with great people. Please let me know if there is anything I can help anyone with (Even if you did not buy your RV from camping world). I hope to see everyone at the next one (as long as jay lets me come back WINK! WINK!)

Your friend
Joe French

TexYa

Hi,
It's interesting to hear about the missing license plates. :eek: We live in at Rayford Crossing and just after fleeing from Ike, I noticed that our front plate was missing. It's not much of a cost to replace it but we'll probably never know just when and where it went or why. Guess I'll go inform the office.

Wow, this was our second Heartland rally and we sure did enjoy it! Hope we have even more fun folks at the next one here in April. :)

Thanks Jay, you're a super Wagon master and a really great guy.

Thanks to Ray for being here from Heartland, the round table was very informative.

THANKS so much to Joe French and his tech (Dean) from Camping World. YEAH!!!!! :D
We've never had service come right to our rig before. They were really wonderful and we can't wait till a Camping World comes closer to Rayford Crossing.

Also thank you to Alex Sain for coming to our rally. I love my door prize (travel router) even though I haven't taken it out of the box yet.

Heartland owners we look forward to seeing everyone again in the Spring and I'm going to take that Saturday off!

Cary & Emmett Hall

jfrench

Oakmont

I know many of you where very disappointed that I did not have an Oakmont at the rally. As well as Ray and I, Again I’m sorry Ray and I had some wires cross but I have good news. I will have one on Thursday. If you are still in there area, you are more then welcome to stop by and take a look. But fair warning! Not sure how long it will be here since it is a great floorplan! I hope everyone that wants to see it can.

Thanks your friend
Joe

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'm sorry to have heard of the missing license plate, it's the first report that I've ever heard from Rayford.

I'm glad that so many folks had a good time, as we did. I've been here for over a week and could easily get used to living like this!

The thanks go to the many cooks that prepared so much good food, Ray Robinson for coming down from Oklahoma City for the rally, Joe French for coming over to the rally and showing us the Pinehurst trailer and especially for having Dean, the service tech come over and work so hard on the rigs. I noticed in Bobcat's picture #2 that there is a picture of Dean's red truck parked beside one of the coaches. He worked until almost 10 o'clock on Saturday night and made sure that everyone that needed help got attention. He came by our fire to make sure that he got everyone done before he left for the night. Now that's Service!

Tom of Ypsi

As usual another fine rally put on by our wagonmasters Jay and Stella. Thanks to everyone who helped put food on the table and for the seminars we had. We are still at Rayford Crossing and this is what you get if you stay too long, surrounded by Prevost's at their rally.

Attachments

• A Rose among the Thorns.jpg
    A Rose among the Thorns.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Prevost Rally.jpg
    Prevost Rally.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 28

JimandSina

Jay,
Couldn't agree more in the remark about Dean, I admit in the past to having difficulties with their service, I can tell you that Joe and especially Dean erased that, I was taken back when Dean walked up to the campfire Saturday night looking for more work...
nothing but praise for his work ethic, and you are right sir, "THATS SERVICE"
Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hi all,
Once again the Rally organizers did a great job. Jay, Stella, Rick and Dee as well as all the others that helped. One thing I must say about this group is everyone pitches in to get done what needs to be done.

On another note, I had the surgery on my neck (disc replacement) on Wednesday morning. It went very well and as it turned out the Doctor did not have to replace the disc, as he found a number of bone spurs on the bones and when he took care of that he found the existing disc to be okay. I went home several hours after surgery and am home now eating hydrocodine so it don't hurt. LOL. Really it was not as bad as I thought and am hoping recuperation is smooth.

Thanks again for a great rally, and if I must say, we are much more at ease with the Heartland group than the stuffy Prevost folks. I even have a docking center like the Prevost.

Later folks............

jbeletti

Jim,

Glad you had a great time. Wish I could have made it.

Sorry to hear you needed surgery this week but sounds like it turned out better than planned. I hear you on "eating hydrocodone" this week. Had surgery for deviated septum and breathing issues on Tuesday. Feel like crap. Hydrocodone takes away all pain (albeit makes me sleepy) - If I could only breathe!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hi Jim,
I guess you and I are druggies for awhile. Sorry to hear about your surgery. We did miss you and Nancy. There were also several Yorkies at the Rally you missed. Hurry up and recover.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jim G,
We're glad to hear that you didn't have to have the serious neck surgery. Hope your recovery goes well.

Jim B, Stella had some nose surgery a few years ago and I remember how much it hurt her. Hope your recovery goes well too.