2008 Southwest Regional (Houston, TX) Spring Rally - Being Planned...

jayc

Legendary Member
Just a quick note-I've got another rally scheduled at Rayford Crossing this coming weekend and this park's popularity is growing rapidly! They're full already.

That being said, if you would like to come to the Spring Rally, please sign up soon because April will be upon us before we know it!

We're going to have another blast, so come on down to Houston.

bellnapb

jayc

Hi Jay,

We just made our reservation at Rayford crossing for the Rally. It will be our first Landmark Rally, so we are looking foward to it. We live in Kingwood, which is pretty close to the Woodlands. We are going to be in site #52. Look forward to the event. Regards, Bill and Loretta Bellnap

jayc

Legendary Member
I added Jim and Sheila Gratz who sent me a PM about coming to the rally in April.

jayc

Legendary Member
Rally meals

How about cold cut sandwiches, chips and dips on Friday night when many will be arriving. That way they won't have to worry about cooking something or going out to get something to eat after arrival and set up.

Saturday morning breakfast of pancakes and bacon ($3.00 per person) will be prepared by the park.

How about a Saturday night potluck dinner. Everyone can just bring enough for 4-6 people and we'll share!

Meat dishes
1. Coffman-barbecue sausage
2. Sims-spiral-cut ham
3. McGee-King Ranch Chicken
4. Weidig-Italian macaroni thing
5. Hullinger-Lasagna

Vegatable dishes
1. Coffman-Tater tot casserole
2. Gratz-scalloped potato-green bean casserole
3. Bellnap-baked beans
4. Talley-mixed vegatable casserole
5. Smith-salad
6. Wunderlich-veggie tray
7. Diamond-green salad

Desserts
1. Gratz-dessert surprise
2. Oreo cookie cheesecake
3. Hershberger-Blueberry cobbler
4. Wunderlich-birthday cake

Last edited:

jayc

Legendary Member
Jim Beletti contacted me and said that he and his wife are coming to the rally in Houston too, although they won't be bringing their new trailer. We will be looking forward to seeing Jim and Nancy again.

He also said that the club will pay for Friday night's cold cuts, chips and dips, so everyone come on down to the rally, we've still got a couple of spaces left and possibly can get more if we need them.

osims

bsims
Jay, We will bring a spiral cut ham for the covered dish saturday night. I am going to call today and make resv. , It had some how been forgotten, which is no surprise. Bill

jayc

Legendary Member
Bill,
I put you on the list for the ham. It will be good to see you and Ornell again.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jay,
We will bring scalloped potatoes cassarole and a dessert (surprise). We will have just finished attending THE RALLY in Perry, Georgia and will be coming in from getting the Mor-Ryde suspension put on our Landmark so we should have some good stories to tell. Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Jim & Sheila Gratz
2007 Landmark Golden Gate
'99 Ford F350 w/banks system and air bags
+Frostie the Eskie and Penny the Yorkie

jayc

Legendary Member
Jim,
We will be looking forward to hearing about The RALLY and seeing how much better your Landmark handles with the Mor Ride suspension.

I got a private message from the Bellnaps that they are bringing baked beans for the potluck.

jimtoo

Hi Jay,

Well, we finally got things lined out, we will be at the rally for sure, DW's bad knee and my shoulder and all. She just limps and I can't carry anything except a drink in one hand. But by rally time,, I might be able to carry one in each hand.

We will be bringing King Ranch Chicken Casserole.

Jimtoo,,,JimM Jim2 (the other Jim)

jayc

Legendary Member
Jim,
I'll bet you're able to carry a whole tray of drinks by the time we get together in Houston. Glad you're going to be able to make it.

I'll add your King Ranch chicken to the list.

jayc

Legendary Member
Sadly, Steve and Diana Kilby had to cancel. Hopefully we'll see them at another rally in the future.

That opens up one of our sites, so if you want to come, sign up and come on down! We can probably get more sites if more than one want to sign up.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The Woodlands is a great place for any rally! If you are coming in from the north, try to come in IH-45 like you were coming from Dallas. It's a pretty drive and the easiest route that won't take you through Houston. And, if possible leave via the same way.
You really don't want to be anywhere near Houston on a Friday afternoon with a 5ver. It's nothing to see IH45 backed up from Houston to Conroe

Coming in from W-IH10 take the Sam Houston Toll Road to IH45 North. There's a $3 or $4 toll...but, that $4 will keep you out of the traffic congestion.

I would do anything I can do to keep from going through Houston from the east or south on any late afternoon or evening unless you come in very late. There are other backroad ways to get you to the rally that will allow you NOT to get involved in Houston traffic. Check them out and take your best shot.

I'm hoping to make the fall Houston Rally. I'll be coming in from Virginia and plan on going via Dallas. Houston was my home since 1949...trust me I know these things.

jayc

Legendary Member
Lefty, you're exactly right about the Houston traffic. We'll be looking forward to seeing you in the fall at the rally.

Jerry and Diane Talley signed up to bring a mixed vegatable casserole and an oreo cheesecake dessert to the spring rally. Yum Yum.....

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Thanks, JC. I didn't want to sound like the voice of doom...but, that can be one tough place to get around in with a trailer. Shame it could have not been held further out, like in Huntsville or west of Houston.

But, that's easy for me to say...I didn't have to organize or find a place for a rally. I know of about 4 campground around the Houston area...and, given the area, somebody is almost always gonna have to eat the traffic to get to any of them.. Plenty to see and do in that area. Pretty good seafood and BBQ. The Woodlands/Conroe area is nice, period. Lake Conroe is not too far away. Fishing is good too. 3 or 4 campgrounds around Willis if anyone wants to hang around after the rally and fish.

v92c

Texan
Jay
I am sorry to say that Brenda and I wont be able to make it this time. Some friends are getting married in Lousiana.

But the good news is, we met some Big Country owners last week at a campground and they had never heard about the Heartland owners forum or the rally, but now that they have, maybe they will attend in our place.

We wish everyone a good time and we will catch the next one
Thanks Tony

jayc

Legendary Member
Lefty,
I think you'll find Rayford Crossing to be one of, if not the best, park you've been to! There is plenty to do in the area and the freeway just north of the park is now open, so it's clear sailing now.

Tony, we're sorry to see that you can't make it, but there's always the fall rally. Hope to see you then.

Stacy and John Smith are bringing a salad to our potluck dinner.

Last edited:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Lefty,
I think you'll find Rayford Crossing to be one of, if not the best, park you've been to! There is plenty to do in the area and the freeway just north of the park is now open, so it's clear sailing now.

That's good to know! The road from Houston to Huntsville was a REAL mess the last time I went thru there with the old Airstream. So the road out of Houston is complete now? I know they really improved I-10 west...and were still working on I-10E. They have been working on the Gulf Freeway since I was a kid. It was one of the longest projects in Texas history. The town kept growing the I-45S kept changing. One guy went to work on the Gulf Fwy when he graduated from college...he retired after 30 years working for the same company on the Gulf Freeway.

Hope the Friday traffic has improved...the 105 exit into Conroe used to back up for miles and miles.

Hope to see you guys in the fall.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Jay
Pat & I will bring Sweet Potato Pone, this is a family dish.

Also how many are going to stay until the 21st. We had planned to leave on the 21st but have to meet a friend in Borne on Sunday afternoon.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Anyone play Mexican Train..