2009 Ohio Heartland Owner's Rally

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Camground map

I added a scan of the campground map on the 1st post and I will add it with this one also. I am not sure how old it is. I do know that they have redone some of the sites to open them up some with the advent of slides on trailers.

Attachments

• img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    795.7 KB · Views: 20

Pulltab

You're message box was full and not accepting any more messages so I will just post here.

I gotta tell ya that I called and made the reservations for the rally and was shocked at their prices. I called back 15 minutes later and canceled. Almost $110 for 2 nights camping in these economic times is unreasonable and I believe in all our years of camping that is the most outrageous price we have ever been charged. So sorry but we won't make it :(

mrcomer

Tab,
I understand. I have had that discussion with the owners there and submitted my opinion. They listened to what I had to say but obviously have not changed their prices. I actually did this many years ago when I first met them. They had just taken over as the new owners and I expressed to them how much we like their campground but just cannot afford to frequent them. We then joined Thousand Trails and have spent most of our time there.

Sorry we won't see you there but look forward to seeing you in Goshen.

Mark

Last edited:

kfarms

I am new to all of this and was wondering if it would be ok to show up at the last minute? I farm and can not make reservations this far out.

mrcomer

I am new to all of this and was wondering if it would be ok to show up at the last minute? I farm and can not make reservations this far out.

I sent you a PM. By all means if you can make it please do.

Mark

mrcomer

Wine and cheese social

Good news for those interested. The KOA is having a wine and cheese social the weekend we are there.

mrcomer

Hey everyone it is getting closer and closer all the time. Anyone else gonna be able to make it?

kkamshop

We are still planning to come, but we are leaving our LM in Elkhart on the 18th for some warranty work and for installation of slide toppers.
I am sad to report that we still have some water leaking into our basement :( but hopefully the crew at RV Capital can come through for us!!!
If they don't finish in time, I will be an unhappy camper...

kkamshop

Well, we left the LM in Elkhart yesterday, they thought they would be done later this week - I hope they are right!!

We will be bringing our 4 year old grandson Corey with us - will the pool be open?
He likes swimming, playgrounds, camping and computers. :B

mrcomer

This KOA typically has their pool open by Memorial Day weekend. This is also a very kid-friendly KOA, lots to do. They will have hay rides every night that go all around the park and even throug the creek a bit.

Mark

mrcomer

It's not too late

Hey everyone,
It's not too late to make it to the Ohio Heartland Owner's rally. John and I will be there on Thursday evening. I have to work Friday but John will be there during the day.

Come on over and visit for the day if you can't make it for the weekend.

Mark

mrcomer

Aw come-on everyone, 1,600+ views of this thread and we only have 7 reservations. :confused::D

kkamshop

I spoke with Randy at RV Capital today and he assured me that our trailer would be ready on Thursday for Ken to pick up. I work Thursday night, so we won't be arriving until Friday.
Can we bring something to the Friday night dinner?
I think we will bring a salad and maybe some meatballs on Saturday night.

mrcomer

kkamshop,
Whatever you want would be great. See you Friday.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

"Aw come-on everyone, 1,600+ views of this thread and we only have 7 reservations. :confused::D "

Mark, have you taken a bath:eek: lately????:D:D:D

Don't worry Mark, they are just testing you. :D

Jim M

kkamshop

Bad news Mark, we have to cancel due to our camper not being ready.

I am deeply disappointed, will have to wait to meet you all in Goshen.

mrcomer

Well I guess it's time to take that bath. Soon I will be smelling goooooodddd, Oh Ya!

Well it's a bummer kkamshop cannot make it but yes we will meet you in Goshen. Let's get your camper fixed first.

Good luck,
Mark