2009 Ohio Heartland Owner's Rally

kkamshop

You're right, getting the leak fixed should be our first priority...

I had very high expectations from RV Capital after reading their kudos on this forum.

So far our experience has been less than happy, first they left our unit unlocked and both televisions were stolen, leaving a 3" scratch on the top of our pretty dining table.
Then they ignored the major water leak problem - if we hadn't kept calling, I feel sure that they would not have even dropped the belly to remove the wet insulation, much less fixed the leak.
At this point I am hopeful, at least I know they have taken out the wet batts - I guess now they will keep it until we come up to go to the fairgrounds.
Anybody want to help install new flat screens at Goshen? :)

SmokeyBare

There should be a spare pair of hands at the Rally... :)

If the Missouri Mud ever starts to dry up....

Marv

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
You're right, getting the leak fixed should be our first priority...

I had very high expectations from RV Capital after reading their kudos on this forum.

So far our experience has been less than happy, first they left our unit unlocked and both televisions were stolen, leaving a 3" scratch on the top of our pretty dining table.
Then they ignored the major water leak problem - if we hadn't kept calling, I feel sure that they would not have even dropped the belly to remove the wet insulation, much less fixed the leak.
At this point I am hopeful, at least I know they have taken out the wet batts - I guess now they will keep it until we come up to go to the fairgrounds.
Anybody want to help install new flat screens at Goshen? :)

Ken and Kathy,
Sorry to hear they are not doing so well for you. I would hope that they would reinstall any flatscreen that you would get at not cost for labor and maybe even no cost from their insurance for the replacement of your flatscreens. Please keep us informed. I will be calling them as they are supposed to work on my rig on Monday the 8th for some warranty work. I will keep you informed.

Mark

kkamshop

Ok, here's the latest on the leak - they cannot find anything leaking in the plumbing on either the pressure or drain side, including holding tanks, black tank flusher, water heater, drains, vents, you name it...

So now they think the water may be coming in off the wheels when it rains. The tech said there is a hole in the frame where the slideouts arms are - they are putting a rubber boot in the area to see if that helps.

My thinking is if that is the case, why is there not water in everyone's basement.
Those of you with LM Augustas have you reached down into the basement through the furnace vent openings and found water?

Mark, I think if you stay with your unit at night, it will be ok. Apparently theft of TVs from unoccupied units is quite common in Elkhart these days.

jbeletti

I made it to Ohio! Since I was running alone, I decided to push all the way here from Sedalia, MO. Made for a long day but it also made sense to do if I was up for it. Arrived here at 8pm my time (9pm local) - so 10 hours of driving.

Met John and Myrna. And Mark stopped by the RV tonight to shoot the breeze for a bit.

Got on chat tonight for a while and chatted with Bob (&Patty) and Kenny (K1) a bit.

Time to hit the rack.

Jim

kkamshop

Hope you all are having a good time, I'm guessing it's almost happy hour :)

Ken is going to Elkhart Monday to pick up our LM, I think I might get a water detector to put in the belly!! Or maybe a sump pump. :D
I imagine we'll be shopping for new LCDs tomorrow...

mrcomer

Rally update

Well we've had some people cancel and one couple show at the last minute but we still have a nice rally going on. We have a total of (7), yes that's seven units and we are all having a great time. We got together for a small light dinner and sat arounfd the campfire. Did a little trailer touring this afternoon and saw a few modifications. We have also done some on-sight repairs. What a great group. We plan on having our potluck tonight and I am already to partake in that. Hungry just thinking about it. Trying really hard to pursuade some of the others to attend the Goshen Rally. Might have a couple more newbies coming so that is great to hear too. Weather is really cooperating. Cool and breezy.

Later,
Mark

Last edited:

kkamshop

Thanks for the report Mark. Wish we were there... instead we tackled a long-put-off yard chore.
We bushhogged and tilled a flowerbed that had turned into a jungle of unwanted brush and weeds.
Now I know why I would rather camp than stay home.

Tonight we are going shopping for new televisions. No check from the insurance yet, but we are going to buy them anyway, why wait right?

As for installing, we don't want to leave them in Elkhart - we're a little gun shy at this point. We will probably take them out if we ever have to leave it at a shop again.

Randy is redeeming himself in our eyes, he really seemed to tackle our leak problem once he finally realized that we needed a better resolution. :)

Have fun around the campfire, see you in Goshen!

mrcomer

Well we had a successful rally. We had a total of (7) rigs there. The weather couldn't have been better. It was just beautiful all weekend.
I just finished the left over Beef and Noodles that John and Myrna Bird made for the potluck. MMMMMMMMMM!
John also suprised everyone who attended with a marble hotplate in the shape of Ohio. That was really awesome. We were able to talk a couple of people to attend the Rally in Goshen so we're pretty psyched about that. I hope that Wes and Katrina can scare away those birds with their new hooter friend the owl. Can't wait to start making plans for next years Ohio Rally. Very nice to make so many new friends and have a meal together. I have to admit though that they were all real troopers while I incessively had to hook up my laptop to a projector and start showing pics from past rallies and factory tours to help entice those who have not been there before. Well as it happens I think some of them fell asleep. Even had one get right up and leave. :eek: John and I are planning on moving the venue to another campground next year.

Later,
Mark

Attachments

• 100_0150.JPG
    100_0150.JPG
    415.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_0151.JPG
    100_0151.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 13