2009 Oregon Rally Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamingknitter

Larry and Debbi - Glad to have you as neighbors!! Keep the pressure on Stacy and Butch. It would be really great to have all the terrific people from the Central rally at the Oregon one. Look forward to seeing you then.

Marybeth

bigredtruck

The Friday and Saturday plans sound great. We have a ladder golf set and a bean bag toss (cornhole) in the way of games if folks are interested.

flamingknitter

Kristy - have you thought of fund raiser type games or raffles? Gotta pay for the drinks and paper products you buy. Teresa had some good ones from the Central rally and we did turn a little profit for the next one I think.

Marybeth

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Marybeth,
That is something to think about. I know Teresa did a couple of those types of things and thought I would look back at them when we got closer to the date. Any suggestions as to which ones were liked best? Or maybe someone has some ideas about others we could do that she didn't do?

I figure a trip to Costco will happen before the rally to pick up supplies. Unless we go to the RVer's second home (Walmart) instead.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Happy Holidays Everyone!

Just wanted to remind everyone that Winchester Bay isn't holding spots for us. They will try to keep us together as much as they can, but you might want to check with them, if you are thinking about coming and haven't made your reservation yet.

I plan to call them after the holidays to see how things look and I'll post what I hear on this thread, but you might not want to wait that long, especially if you want a waterfront site.

Only 6 short months to go! It won't get above freezing here for at least a week! I can't wait for summer!!!!
Kristy

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi everyone,
We will be hauling ourselves all the way from San Clemente to the Oregon rally in June 2009 at Winchester Bay and many people have asked us our route, in case they would like to join us as a caravan during any of this trip, which so far we have reservations at 4 campgrounds. We haven't decided where to go from there so all suggestions would be appreciated. We would like to continue south up the coast of Oregon, cross east thru Idaho, into lower Northwest Montana, maybe hit Wyoming and somehow drop down to Zion and Bryce National Parks in Utah, sweep thru Nevada and back into sweet CA. Any outstanding suggestions for a different route, or the best campgrounds along the way would be appreciated including RPI, Coast to Coast, Happy Camper,NACO, Colo River Resorts, and any other discount deals.

Anyone kool can join us and leave us at their convenience and the only criteria would be to be mechanically and electrically inclined LOL. Our itinerary reserved so far is as follows:
June 5-6 RV Lakes Resort, Chowchilla, CA (suggested by Tess).
June 7-8 Durango RV Resort, Red Bluff, CA (suggested by Mgr of RV Lakes)
June 9-11 7 Feathers RV Resort, Canyonville, OR (Mgr. of RV Lakes says they are cooperating on an association with 7 Feathers.
June 12-16 or the 18th Winchester Bay RV Resort, OR (Oregon Rally)
and from there we are open to suggestions. Like to make this around a 3-4 week trip.
Picking up a new Garmin this week at Costco, as its returnable anytime no limit, and the Microsoft Trips software as well per DtVista's suggestion, so we can plan this trip
to see as much as the west side of the country has to offer.

dtvista

Good to here from you again. Have sent you a PM about the Streets and Trips file we were working on.

Dave

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Ok, we're official! Ray finally got vacation approved and we made reservations for site # 60. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Kristy, please call or email with anything I can help with.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hey Deb!
Glad things finally got approved. What dates will you be there?
You were talking about 1 or 2 SOBs coming with you. How is that working out or do you know yet?
Kristy

PS You know I'll call you if I need help!:D

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi everyone,
We will be hauling ourselves all the way from San Clemente to the Oregon rally in June 2009 at Winchester Bay and many people have asked us our route, in case they would like to join us as a caravan during any of this trip, which so far we have reservations at 4 campgrounds. We haven't decided where to go from there so all suggestions would be appreciated. We would like to continue south up the coast of Oregon, cross east thru Idaho, into lower Northwest Montana, maybe hit Wyoming and somehow drop down to Zion and Bryce National Parks in Utah, sweep thru Nevada and back into sweet CA. Any outstanding suggestions for a different route, or the best campgrounds along the way would be appreciated including RPI, Coast to Coast, Happy Camper,NACO, Colo River Resorts, and any other discount deals.

Larry,
I can't really suggest anything for your trip route other than warn you about Zion NP. We went down to Lake Powell a few years ago with our boat. Following MapQuests directions, we ended up towing our boat (6000lbs worth) on a very hot day through the middle of the park. The road was very narrow, steep, and busy. On top of that, we ended up having to pay an extra $30 or so to get through a tunnel. They charge everyone with any kind of trailer that extra fee because they have to stop traffic through the tunnel so the trailer can drive down the middle of the road. That's the only way there is enough clearance to get through!

Coming home, we found another way that looks longer on the map, but takes a lot less time and money. BTW people in Utah drive like like a bat out of h*** even if they are pulling a huge trailer. You might be used to that coming from SoCal, but we weren't!:eek::eek::eek:

Kristy

Larryheadhunter

Hi Ziggy,
Thanks for the info on Zion NP. Fyi, I was hoping to find a kool campground outside Zion or Bryce and unhitch and take day trips into the parks. Using the Google US map, we are trying to find the best route. Unfortunately, when you get off the interstate hwys you never know what you will encounter, but that's what RV adventuring is all about.

I am curious how many of our rigs are staying at 7 Feathers, so we could possibly caravan to Winchester Bay on June 12th.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are several campgrounds around St. George, Utah. We stayed at a Western Horizon park there. It was nice but cramped quarters with side by side hookups.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Larry,
I sounds from previous posts like there will be at least 6 or 7 of you at 7 Feathers before the rally. It could be quite a sight to see so many traveling together.

Kristy

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Hey Larry & Debbi, we just made our reservation for 7 Feathers. Will be coming in late on the 11th. Ray decided he could drive another 50 miles rather than stopping at Valley of the Rogue. I think there are several that are staying there. We might make an impressive sight with a caravan. We're up for one.

shovelguy

We just made our reservations for Winchester Bay. We are in space 67, June 12th and 13th, see you all then.

Larryheadhunter

Deb and Ray,
Saweet! Probably not worth unhitching as we will be heading two hours down the road to Winchester Bay on the 12th! Talking about a caravan. Nice for us and great advertising for Heartland.
Ziggy,
You might want to update the RV and people count and site locations for Winchester Bay. Sounds like we are using alot of this park, curious what the count is up to and should be a great rally.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome Dean and Jodi! I've added you to the list at the top of this thread.

Larry - As of 1/30/09 we have 12 Heartlands and 4 SOBs confirmed.

I tried to call Winchester Bay today to find out how many sites they have left and how many of those are waterfront, but I must have called at the busy check-in time because I got their voice mail. I'll try again later or sometime this weekend.

I'm working on a map of where we all are in the park to hand out to all of you when we get there. I will also have a list of names (real and member names) which I will send to Dale. He has volunteered to do the name tags for us. I'll also need to have Jim B. send a banner for us to hang up and all sign.

We'll see part of you in Oroville in March. The rest we can't wait to meet in June!

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Update!
All oceanfront sites are gone, but there are pull throughs available. These sites are just one row in from oceanfront. A couple of people have already booked into this row because they are more comfortable with pulling through instead of backing up.

So, its not too late to get a site and join us!

Kristy

dtvista

Moving toward Wincherter

Looks like the Oregon Rally should be lots of fun. Reading some of the posts, many of us will be seeing each other along our route to the Rally. Some are stopping in the Redding/Shasta area, and some in Canyonville (Seven Feathers) Looks like the caravan will grow as we get closer to Winchester. Just to start a discussion, we with Troy and Carol (SOBs) in tow, will stop at the Mountain Gate RV Park north of Redding on Tuesday June 9. Then it’s off to Seven Feathers for Wednesday and Thursday, before we head over to Winchester. It’s sure going to be cool seeing a long line of Heartland Rigs moving along the highway over to Winchester. Does anyone have golf ideas None for either that Thursday at Seven Feathers or at the Winchester Rally?

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.