2009 Oregon Rally Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Updated!

Hi,
I talked to Winchester Bay today and discussed our space requirements with them. They are being very helpful.

Even though Mark and I have a large lawn around our site, its not really big enough for the 47 of us registered so far. We are going to use another bigger piece of lawn near the putting green as our meeting area. They offered to move picnic tables into that area for us to use on Friday and Saturday. Its OK for us to set up the EZups over the tables as long as we don't use long spikes to anchor them. I told them I could get people to bring some gallon jugs to fill with water (or sand since there is a lot of that around!) to help hold the tents down. We can also tie them off to the tables.

I'm working on a backup plan for the potluck location in case it pours down rain, not that it ever does that at the coast!:D

:):):) Update .... Bad Weather Backup Plan ... The Community Hall in Winchester Bay is within walking distance of the RV park. We can use a room there Friday and Saturday, including the chairs and tables, for $100. I booked them, since I don't have to pay until we get there, and that is pretty cheap for a room for two afternoons and evenings.

So,
I would appreciate it if people could save clean gallon jugs and bring them to the rally. We'll still use the picnic tables and EZups to keep people out of the sun. I know we won't go through enough jugs ourselves between now and then, but we'll bring what we can.

Thanks!
Kristy

Last edited:

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
Hey I guess I never put down when we are leaving winchester. We plan on leaving the 15th. I saw a question mark by our name, sorry about that.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks. I'll make that correction.

We are a month away from the rally!!!! It will be here before you know it.

We have 23 rigs and 45-47 people, depending on whether or not the McKees can make it, so far.
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I just put the tentative schedule in the first post of this thread. If anyone is planning an activity for Saturday or Sunday and doesn't mind others joining them, let me know and I can add it to the list.

Kristy

kathyo

Rally

Kathy and Warren Feray will be at the rally. We will arrive on the 11th and leave on the 16th.

We have no cell service here in Klamath CA but we will reserve and then when we visit Crescent City we will call in our card number.
Warren and Kathy Feray
281-703-7632 (kathyo)
wtferay@hotmail.com

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
WOW! You are coming from a long ways if you started in TX. Welcome to the party. I'll email you my contact info in case you need to get in touch. You'll be getting to the park the same day we are.

Kristy

dtvista

Golf

Kristy said someone was putting together some golf on Saturday of the Rally. Does anyone have information on if people are planning to play golf on that Saturday, Sunday or Monday? I know Troy, John (both SOBs) and I would l want to play.

Thanks Dave

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
Hi Dave,

I think Dale & John were putting that together. They talked about it at the Oroville rally. Aren't all you guys golfing together while staying at Seven Feathers too?

Teresa

Kristy said someone was putting together some golf on Saturday of the Rally. Does anyone have information on if people are planning to play golf on that Saturday, Sunday or Monday? I know Troy, John (both SOBs) and I would l want to play.

Thanks Dave

dtvista

Teresa

Yes John said he set us up for a round at Seven Feathers. Not sure if John did anything about the Rally dates. Maybe someone is already working on a Rally site Golf course. I'll wait and see if someone replies to this post about playing golf at the rally.

Dave

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Dave,
The last I remember reading, Dale was interested in playing at the coast. Maybe he'll check in soon and you guys can get together.
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Latest Developments....

I got the name tags from Dale today. He did a great job and I want to publicly thank him for helping me out with what can be a tedious chore.

The sweat shirts arrived yesterday and I think those of you who bought them will be happy. The color of the shirt is true to the description and the embroidry is so detailed it shows each of the narrow color bands in the logo. It looks like the white background may even be a little reflective which would be a plus walking around at night.

Plans for a couple of people have changed so they will be unable to bring their EZup tents with them. We still have a couple that people have volunteered, but if anyone else has one they could bring, we could use it. Even if the weather is good, they would be nice for shade.

Bill and Deborah Knight have volunteered some weights to help hold tents in place since we can't really pound stakes into the ground without messing up the watering system for the park. We may still need a few milk jugs though just in case.

I don't know if the Oregon Chapter Banner will arrive in time, but we have the NorCal rally banner to display if we need it. We'll make sure to put it on the nose cap of JohnD and Lori's trailer so they fit in with the group.
:D:D:D:D

JimB is supposed to have headquarters send literature on the new model year coaches from different lines in case we have people with questions come through the park. Who knows, we may even sell one for them. Wouldn't that be cool?

So... its almost time to round up your raffle prize(s) to donate to the raffle, pack the trailer, plan your potluck dish for appetizers Friday and dinner Saturday, post those in the rally meals thread if you haven't yet, check the liquor cabinet, and get ready to head on down the road! Its only a three weeks away.

BTW JohnD will be our Master at Arms. It will be his job to make sure everyone is wearing their name badge at all times. If he catches someone without their badge, it will cost them a buck. Of course all profits will be put into the Oregon account for this and future rallies. I understand he is brutal when it comes to catching people, so be forewarned....:D I may be the worst offender. I'm horrible about wearing name badges!

Take Care Everyone,
Kristy and Mark

dbarnard

Dave,
There is a nice 9 hole in Reedsport that we can play. Reedsport is only about 5 miles north of Winchester Bay. I have not set up anything because of not knowing how many or when those that wish what to play. I figured we could do that Friday or Saturday, and then set up a tee time.

DaleB

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
One Week Away!

I just received confirmation that there will be a vendor presentation of possible interest to both men and women Saturday afternoon at the rally. I'm not at liberty to discuss who will be there or what the product(s) will be, but hopefully they will have something interesting to say and show us.

Of course this is an optional activity, but I wanted to let you guys know in case you want to arrange your golf game or other activities for the morning instead of the mid-afternoon. Its up to you.

See you all soon!
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Last minute updates and my mistakes.

I talked to the park today and told them that a lot of people would be coming in at about the same time on Friday. They will only have one person available to check people in that day, so ....

Here's the plan...

If you get there Friday and there is a line of people to check in, you may either wait while parked along side the road or you may go to your site, if you know the number. I have posted the site numbers in the list at the top of this thread as people gave them to me. Once you are parked in your site, you can go back over to the office to check in.

Dodi will be the lady checking you in and she just asks that you be patient. I warned her today about the bunch coming in from Seven Feathers. You guys in particular may want to go to your sites before checking in to the office.

A couple of small (but embarrassing) problems -

I had a bit of a meltdown in my spreadsheet where I have all of the records for the rally.

I believe we have birthdays to celebrate for Mark, Teresa, Brent, Ray, and Debbi Kuhn. Her BD is actually the 13th!! If I missed anyone or just completely screwed up, please let me know.

We have two anniversaries, a 29th and a 42nd. Chuck and Deb are you the 29th? I have completely lost the record of who is having the 42nd ann. on the 23rd. Please tell me who you are ... sorry.:eek::eek::eek:

I also made an ordering mistake on the sweatshirts and ended up ordering an XL when I should have ordered a large for someone. If you ordered a Large, but could wear an XL, and you don't mind switching sizes, please let me know.

Thanks for understanding.

See you very soon!
Kristy

bigredtruck

I'm glad to hear I am not the only one who messes things up, Kristy! You have done a great job, so don't fret. Things always work out!! See you all on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.