2009 Oregon Rally Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Dave,
We have adjusted our schedule to spend June 7th at RV Lakes in Chowchilla. Then we are going to make that long ride to Mountain Gate if there is room for the 8th and 9th. On to 7 Feathers on the 10th and to the rally in Winchester on the 12th.
We are already setting up a dinner with azbound and slmayor for possibly the 9th. Anyone interested let me know. Looking forward to a great time. My wife Debbi is celebrating her bday at the rally on the 13th. It will be nice to spend it with friends.
Peace and out,

Larryheadhunter

Another update: We are meeting for dinner on June 9th somewhere near Redding before we head out to 7 Feathers on the 10th. So far we have 10 incl better halfs coming. LOL. dtvista, (sob) Troy, azbound, slmayor, and us. Anyone else is welcome to join us. We have changed our schedule and instead of going east in the heat, we are heading up thru Portland, Couer d'Alene, ID, up to Glacier Natl Park, into Canada to Banff, Kamloops, back towards WA, down the 101, thru the Oregon Coast with stops in Fort Stevens, Newport, and Gold Beach before heading to Calistoga for some heavy wine tasting, Oceano, and home. whew. I can taste that Cabernet already.

dbarnard

Dave, John and I are going to play at a course just north of 7 Feathers and would enjoy having you join us. I also think Ray is going to bring his stix. Anyone else is welcome also. The more the better. There is also a nice 9 hole course just north of Winchester Bay a few miles at Reedsport.

Larryheadhunter

We are staying at RV Lakes on the 7th and Mountain Gate on 8-9th. We have 10 set for dinner on the 9th somewhere near Mountain Gate. Anyone else want to join us?
Then 7 Feathers 10-11, and Winchester Bay 12-15th. We are heading up to Rockaway Beach next then take 84 thru Portland, all the way to Boardman, OR. Then up to Coeur d' Alene, at Blackwell Island RV Park, in ID and on to MT to Glacier National Park. From there to Tunnel Mtn near Bannf, Canada and back thru WA to Lake Pleaseant, in Bothell, WA around Puget sound, back towards the coast of WA then coast of OR, and to Calistoga CA for some wine tasting. Anyone interested in joining us any part of the trip let us know. Love some company. Any ideas about campgrounds would be much appreciated. First long trip on our own, wish us luck LOL.

Chuck Richard

We will be there!

We just made our reservations at the park and can't wait! We are going to arrive June 11, leaving on June 15. We will be in site #73.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Chuck and Deb Richard and dogs Ira and Maggie
2009 3055RL
:D

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
That's great news Chuck and Deb! I've added you to the list at the top of the thread.

That gives us a few Debs and Debbies in the group. We might have to come up with some way to tell you all apart.:D

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hello Everyone!

If memory serves, we have a few special events to celebrate at the rally. I would appreciate it if everyone with a birthday, anniversary, retirement date, and/or another special event could PM or email me with the info. I'm thinking that we could celebrate all of the events at our Saturday night potluck/BBQ party.

I would also like to collect everyone's email address, if you would all be willing to give it to me. It would be easier to communicate to the whole group or small groups by email since there are limits to how many people you can email or PM at a time from the forum.

Web crawlers look for people's email addresses and phone numbers online which is why I won't write my email address or phone number in a post. If you send yours by using the forum link for PM or email, our addresses should be safe.

Thanks everyone! Its only 3 months away!!!!
Kristy

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
We are going to be at seven feathers the 10th and11th and on to winchester bay the 12th. Larry get in touch call my cell or the home phone, I'm pretty sure you have it.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Glad to hear you can come up! Yours makes the 15th Heartland registered! We have 19 rigs all together so far and there is at least one and maybe more still thinking about it.

Would you mind emailing or PM with your info like full name, cell phone, email, etc? Don't send anything you aren't comfortable with... It would just be easier to contact everyone at once if I at least have their email addresses.

Do you know yet how long you will be staying at Winchester? What site did you get? I would like to put you on the map I'm making to hand out at the rally so we can find each other.

We are looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in person!

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Info Please

Hi Everyone,
If you haven't sent me your email address yet, could you please email it to me or send it in a PM? I would really appreciate it. Be sure to include any special event like birthday or anniversary that falls close to the rally. I want to make sure I buy enough black balloons to go around!:D

And if you wouldn't mind, please send your info like full names, cell phone, etc? Don't send anything you aren't comfortable with... It would just be easier to contact everyone at once if I at least have their email addresses, and having the rest of it will make doing the name tags easier. The phone number is strictly optional. I don't know why I would need your numbers, but some people have sent them to me.

I plan to email everyone my cell as soon as I have everyone's address. That way you can let me know if something comes up while you are on the road and need help, directions, or who knows what.

I've started thinking seriously about what I need to do to make this a good weekend for everyone. I'm thinking about some fund raising stuff, the Sat. potluck, special event celebration, etc.

I've started a new thread to sign up for the dish you want to bring to the potluck. You can check that out and start thinking about what you might want to bring. Then just let me know and I'll keep the list updated.

I'll see some of you next week at the NorCal rally in Oroville!

Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Thanks,
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We just hit 22 rigs with the addition of the Knights (wdk450), Krulls (branson4020) and Kellermans (cliffbuilt). That makes 43 people so far!
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Announcement!

I just started a new thread with a poll to be taken by those attending the rally.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=9150

I have an idea about designing and selling rally sweatshirts and I need if you are interested.

The profits would be used to help finance rally expenses for this growing group of people.:D:D

I would appreciate it if you could check out the thread and submit your answers and posts as soon as you can. If enough people are interested, I need to get a design done and start taking orders and payment.

Thanks everyone!
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Supplies we need:

WARNING!!! Another long post from Kristy! lol:p:p:p

More people have confirmed! Mark and Linda Fell from SoCal will be coming to the rally so we are up to 45 people now!

While at the NorCal rally this weekend, we started talking about what to do if the weather on the Oregon coast is bad during the rally. Not that Oregon coast weather ever does that!:)

The park does not have a meeting room, so we need a back up plan just in case.

There is a large grassy area around our site and the sites near ours. It would be very helpful if anyone who has an EZ-Up tent, especially one with the zip on side walls, could bring it to the rally. With 45 people we will need a pretty large area to get people out of the weather. It could take 4-5 10x10 tents with walls, placed sided by side, to have enough room.

We also need a couple of tarps we can tie up as wind breaks, even if the weather is good.

We'll need a few tables to put food and raffle prizes on.

Naturally everyone will need to supply their own chairs.
If you can help out with one or more of these things, please let me know.

We have 23 rigs so far! Imagine the raffle if every rig donates one prize worth $10-$15. Please consider doing that to help out with the cost of holding this rally. Its our first year and we have no cash reserve to pay for supplies.

Also, please check out the thread about the possible findraiser sweatshirts. I need to know who wants to buy a sweatshirt and what size so I can see if it will be cost effective.

OK I'm done blabbing on for right now. Time to go to bed and recover from all the fun we had at the NorCal rally this weekend. (Thanks Deb, Ray, and everyone!)

Kristy

fdmckee

Hi Kristy!

We are not Landmark owners yet, but want to know if it would be possible to come down and visit with all you owners at the rally. Since we both still work fulltime, we won't know if we can get the time off until the end of May, so I've been hesitant about emailing you. We live in Vancouver, WA at Vancouver RV Park in our S.O.B. fiver, but would probably come down and stay at a motel there.

We are very seriously looking at purchasing a Landmark next year and would love to talk to all of you about them and "pick your brains". Just wanted to get some "first hand" knowledge from all of you, instead of just relying on the salesmen.

We will be looking forward to hearing from you and/or your thoughts.

Fred & Danette McKee

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi Fred and Danette,

You are of course welcome to come to the rally whether you bring your trailer or stay in a motel. We will have an Augusta owner there who can talk to you about her experiences. The rest of us are more than happy to talk about RVing, camping, and most anything else you can think of. We have 4 couples bringing SOB trailers, some of whom will be on their way to their brand rally and taking their Heartland friends with them.

Come on down to the rally. Hopefully you decide to really join us after you hear more about our experiences with our trailers. Just let me know when you know if you can come down.

Kristy

flamingknitter

Fred & Danette - I think I am the only Landmark owner scheduled for the rally thus far. I'd be happy to show you around. I've heard it is good to kind of "hang out" and pretend you live there to see if it is a good fit and that would be all right with me. Hope we get to meet at the rally!

fdmckee

Thank you so much Kristy and Marybeth!! If we can get the time off, we'll be heading down on Saturday until Monday. I will let you know definitely as soon as I know.

Marybeth, we would love to talk to you about your trailer, as the Augusta is the one we're looking at and any information or ideas will be very helpful.

Thank you again for your welcome and we look forward to meeting all of you.

Danette & Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.